Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7851  
Unread 10-23-2019, 04:53 AM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Gem!

I learn by doing, and havenít ďdoneĒ enough charts with the rule in mind. There are so many rules it seems most have to memorize them by rote first, then apply. That is hard for stubborn folks
What do you think?
I'm currently writing my thesis, so I did a 12H-style self-exile in order to focus on my work. But gradually I realized that I became too focused on work. That plus the lack of socializing and going outside took a toil on my mental condition (reduced memory, mild depression...) So I decided to stop being too hard on myself and come back here, but I'll strictly stay on the chat thread until I finish the damned thesis.


Anyway I haven't been able to verify the rule either. The ancient astrologers came up with so many convoluted rules it's hard to know where to begin. I do appreciate that the rules make reading more specialized than using modern rules.



I think the problem here is that Trad generally didn't believe one can change their fate written in the chart. The rules could likely be them trying to explain why certain people/things went against what they were supposed to be based on their charts.

__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7852  
Unread 10-23-2019, 04:58 AM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Also, I just found out from here that Trad originally didn't take zodiac signs into account, at least not in the "Merc in Sag makes you a seeker of truth in info" kind of way. The signs were just there to determine the strength/intensity of the planets. I wonder when people started making signs specialized.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7853  
Unread 10-23-2019, 05:27 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 803
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

In school I had romantic dreams of isolation in a novelistic garret apartment but turns out thesis seclusion isnít really all that fun.

Whatís your thesis topic?
Reply With Quote
  #7854  
Unread 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Sun's ingress into Scorpio in exactly 4 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #7855  
Unread 10-23-2019, 03:19 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

In 12/12, the Sun is Regulating-ruler of Scorpio. During the tropical Age of Scorpio, that was Ra, personification of the Sun itself (Helios/Sol in Greco-Roman). When the Regulating-ruler of a Sign is in the Sign it regulates, it imparts a Sense of Direction. Good transit to focus on what's emotionally important in your life.
Reply With Quote
  #7856  
Unread 10-23-2019, 03:25 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Transiting Mars/Saturn square, advantage Domicled Saturn over Mars, which has little authority in Libra, opposite of its own Domicile-sign.
SHIELDS UP!
Reply With Quote
  #7857  
Unread 10-23-2019, 04:05 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
In school I had romantic dreams of isolation in a novelistic garret apartment but turns out thesis seclusion isnít really all that fun.

Whatís your thesis topic?
Maybe it would be better if I wrote a novel instead of a thesis But I have to admit that too much seclusion isn't good for me


I'm writing about language patterns in an autistic man. I just have to go through his conversations and find out strange patterns compared to normal speech. It has been a crazy ride so far.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7858  
Unread 10-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Transiting Mars/Saturn square, advantage Domicled Saturn over Mars, which has little authority in Libra, opposite of its own Domicile-sign.
SHIELDS UP!
Cap is going to win. But if I'm being optimistic, they are actually doing a mutual reception right there, with the planets exchanging exalted signs for each other. Or does it count in 12/12?
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7859  
Unread 10-23-2019, 08:04 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Cap is going to win. But if I'm being optimistic, they are actually doing a mutual reception right there, with the planets exchanging exalted signs for each other. Or does it count in 12/12?
Hadn't thought of mutual reception using Exalted placements. I've always seen it as Domicles, but I like the idea. How would you say the Square affects it? I could use Exalted for mutual reception in 12/12, although not in this case, since Mars is Exalted in Scorpio.
Reply With Quote
  #7860  
Unread 10-23-2019, 09:23 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Maybe it would be better if I wrote a novel instead of a thesis But I have to admit that too much seclusion isn't good for me


I'm writing about language patterns in an autistic man. I just have to go through his conversations and find out strange patterns compared to normal speech. It has been a crazy ride so far.
Wow! Did you get to select the person whose language youíre writing about?
Reply With Quote
  #7861  
Unread 10-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Wow! Did you get to select the person whose language youíre writing about?
Yes. We were free to choose whatever subject to do research on, as long as it is about linguistics. So I decided to be rebellious and choose to research autism
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7862  
Unread 10-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Hadn't thought of mutual reception using Exalted placements. I've always seen it as Domicles, but I like the idea. How would you say the Square affects it? I could use Exalted for mutual reception in 12/12, although not in this case, since Mars is Exalted in Scorpio.
I'm reading "Horary Astrology" by Derek Appleby (an Aqua btw). In the book he accepted exalted placements as valid for mutual reception. But he noted that mutual reception with hard aspects would mean a yes in horary question, though it would most likely become the classic "be careful what you wish for" situation. Not sure about natal though. It could look like two people with old grudge for each other but choosing to look past the grudge to achieve a common goal, because one complements the other


Derek also said that if a planet is neutral or weak (fall, detriment) but is in good aspect with a strong planet (domiciled, exalted), the strong planet could act as a helping hand for the other planet. Not sure how this will play out in 12/12.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this

Last edited by Gemini888; 10-24-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7863  
Unread 10-24-2019, 06:28 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I'm reading "Horary Astrology" by Derek Appleby (an Aqua btw). In the book he accepted exalted placements as valid for mutual reception. But he noted that mutual reception with hard aspects would mean a yes in horary question, though it would most likely become the classic "be careful what you wish for" situation. Not sure about natal though. It could look like two people with old grudge for each other but choosing to look past the grudge to achieve a common goal, because one complements the other


Derek also said that if a planet is neutral or weak (fall, detriment) but is in good aspect with a strong planet (domiciled, exalted), the strong planet could act as a helping hand for the other planet. Not sure how this will play out in 12/12.

Is he using the Outermosts as Sign-rulers? Or, using them at all?
Also, in Natal, there's apparently strength in both the fall & detriment placements. Horary has its own methodology, apart from Natal.
Notice the strength of Sun in Aqua (detriment in both conventional and 12/12); and, Mars in Taurus (detriment in Trad and fall in 12/12).

Last edited by david starling; 10-24-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7864  
Unread 10-24-2019, 08:50 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

The Natal-charts of serial killers and torturers should be renamed "horrorscopes"!
Reply With Quote
  #7865  
Unread 10-24-2019, 10:38 PM
Cold Fusion's Avatar
Cold Fusion Cold Fusion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,345
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The Natal-charts of serial killers and torturers should be renamed "horrorscopes"!
__________________
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cold Fusion For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-24-2019)
  #7866  
Unread 10-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Is he using the Outermosts as Sign-rulers? Or, using them at all?
Also, in Natal, there's apparently strength in both the fall & detriment placements. Horary has its own methodology, apart from Natal.
Notice the strength of Sun in Aqua (detriment in both conventional and 12/12); and, Mars in Taurus (detriment in Trad and fall in 12/12).
He took in outer planets, but he didn't consider them a primary factor in horary. He only used sign rulers of those planets when the situation really called for it and he only used them as secondary factors.


And from my experience, some rules in horary seem to also be true for natal. The separating/approaching rule could be applied for natal to determine aspect strength. Mutual reception can be something to consider too.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-25-2019)
  #7867  
Unread 10-25-2019, 03:21 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Is it ok to offer readings in PM? I don't have time to browse the Read My Chart section these days, but I'd like to do chart reading occasionally as a leisure activity away from my thesis
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7868  
Unread 10-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

David, do you think Uranus is a violent god? Aqua is humanitarian and progressive, but it also carries callousness and insensitive. That could be Saturn's doing but if 12/12 doesn't accept Saturn as Aqua's ruler then what is Uranus doing?
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #7869  
Unread 10-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,203
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

This may sound odd to some people, but honestly, I'm very much moving away from common thought, anything that limits my experience whether it be society, or my own damned self. I'm going by my intuition fully now

I truly believe I've found the woman I'm supposed to be with. We have a deep, unshakeable soul connection. It's not right for us to unite just yet, but it will be within the next two years. I still have to work on myself for one and I know she is too

Sometimes I can even feel her emotions or her reactions to certain things I've sent her. And, lol, one time I felt her imagining doing 'things' to me if you know what I mean. So it seems we have a strong connection

I also feel like things are finally gonna start flourishing for me over the next year. Something's changing for sure


My intuition is also getting stronger. I used to not listen to it, but now I do. a couple of weeks ago I was feeling this intuition about a person like they weren't what they seemed, but the reason I didn't follow my intuition in the past is because I wanted to give people the benefit of the doubt. This time, I ended up having a prophetic dream of sorts, full of symbols that predicted what would happen if I got involved with her. So I listened. And I'm listening more and more
-- I'd never had a dream like this, I felt like I was locked in an astral chamber until the end of it. I've predicted other things in my dreams for years, but they were always mundane things. I think since I'm working hard to become a better person and participate in life and take action, my intuition is getting stronger


The strange thing I've realized is that the key to truly accessing our intuition lies in taking action in the external world. The body and soul must be aligned. Our intuition is there to guide us as we traverse these unknown lands and waters, unmarked territories. That's why grounding is always emphasized. Without grounding, the intuitive individual risks getting lost in their inner world without using what they know and feel to go out into the world confidently
__________________
'rage, rage against the dying of the light, I will not go gentle into that good night'| Celine, provocateur, celestial reaper

Last edited by Lykanized; 10-25-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7870  
Unread 10-25-2019, 04:44 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
He took in outer planets, but he didn't consider them a primary factor in horary. He only used sign rulers of those planets when the situation really called for it and he only used them as secondary factors.


And from my experience, some rules in horary seem to also be true for natal. The separating/approaching rule could be applied for natal to determine aspect strength. Mutual reception can be something to consider too.
Mutual reception definitely applies in Natal. But Natal is a "snapshot" of what's impressed on the psyche at birth, whereas Horary is a projection of current astrological conditions into the near future. For that reason, separating/approaching makes far more sense in Horary than in Natal.
Reply With Quote
  #7871  
Unread 10-25-2019, 05:04 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
David, do you think Uranus is a violent god? Aqua is humanitarian and progressive, but it also carries callousness and insensitive. That could be Saturn's doing but if 12/12 doesn't accept Saturn as Aqua's ruler then what is Uranus doing?
For Domicle-ruler of , I'm using a feminine version of , the goddess of the Heavens, Urania, who has gifted us with astrology. I see her as upping the intelligence level in order to free us from bondage, and avoid the need for violence.
Your question emphasizes the point that each significator has its own nature, modified by Sign-qualities. The Sun, which is perfectly suited to Leo, is "afflicted" in the opposite Sign Aquarius, simply because the Sun's nature is out-of-place in Aquarius. So, using Sun-sign characteristics as indicative of other placements in any particular Sign is problematic.
Reply With Quote
  #7872  
Unread 10-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
For Domicle-ruler of , I'm using a feminine version of , the goddess of the Heavens, Urania, who has gifted us with astrology. I see her as upping the intelligence level in order to free us from bondage, and avoid the need for violence.
Your question emphasizes the point that each significator has its own nature, modified by Sign-qualities. The Sun, which is perfectly suited to Leo, is "afflicted" in the opposite Sign Aquarius, simply because the Sun's nature is out-of-place in Aquarius. So, using Sun-sign characteristics as indicative of other placements in any particular Sign is problematic.
Well at least I'm not the only one to voice the negativity of Aqua.

http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aquarius.html

Leo Sun also comes with its own negativity as well. Rampant narcissism anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #7873  
Unread 10-25-2019, 05:34 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Well at least I'm not the only one to voice the negativity of Aqua.

http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aquarius.html

Leo Sun also comes with its own negativity as well. Rampant narcissism anyone?
I'm talking about the atypical nature of Sun in Aqua.
In Vedic astrology, the Sun itself is considered a Malefic. In Trad, it's neutral, and can be good or bad, depending on the Chart.
We Modernistic astrologers tend to look for the good in all the rulers, and try to ignore the bad. But, placements in Gemini enable us to see both the good and the bad.

Last edited by david starling; 10-25-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7874  
Unread 10-25-2019, 06:13 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Anyone enjoying Sun in Scorp yet?
Reply With Quote
  #7875  
Unread 10-25-2019, 08:08 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

So I spoke with Jeremy Neal regarding the two articles I posted on here a while back. For the one about Pluto's dignities, he created a system based on the ideas of Alexander Volguine, who he first encountered in the 1980s. He culled from the journal Volguine wrote called Cahiers Astrologique, where Volguine derived a system of dignity based on the Hindu Shadbalas. Since then he's tweaked, refined and made it his own factoring in things such as reception and ferality. He finds his personally constructed system very useful for the insights its garnered him.

As to the one on the levels of human consciousness, his gotten a lot of inspiration from the ideas of David Hawkins, and he summed up by saying that the scale was derived at using kinesiology. The indication is that this isn't the whole picture, but he assured me that it was essentially true.

I conjecture that based on what he said about the planetary scale, that he might have culled from things such as the study of pressure points and the chakra systems in the body. That's just my hunch anyway. In any event, there is something pleasing to me about the fact that this scale has an element of embodiment or significance to the body. In a way it seems to hit upon what passiflora was alluding to when she spoke about the psychodynamics of an astrological system.

I also asked him about the ages. Essentially it says while he enjoys unravelling occult mysteries, he much rather focus on the areas of astrology that will aid in further self-actualisation and functioning in societies with its complex social expectations. I could PM you his exact words on the matter, David.

You could hit him up at chirotic.school@gmail. He's pretty cordial, although he won't go into too much details as to how he has come to his conclusions astrology, partly because a lot of it is embodied and intuitive knowledge accumulated over a lifetime of doing astrology.
__________________
We have silent dogs.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-25-2019)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.