What would make a Scorpio ghost someone they REALLY liked?

Cxxxcxxx

I’ve been left wondering if I ever even mattered to a Scorpio sun and Scorpio Venus if they ghosted me once...

This Scorpio man had been borderline obsessively pursuing me for 3 entire months, and due to going to school out of state I was never able to go out with him during this time. He would still text me regularly and ask me every chance he got if I was coming home or if he could visit (he’d ask every two weeks). I declined but he was always still so respectful, despite sounding a bit aggressive. A mutual friend (who is objectively more attractive than me) expressed interest in him during this time, but he declined her advances. He said multiple times that he knew he didn’t know me well but he saw me in his future. He’s 29.

The last time we spoke he had asked me to come over to his family’s house (who I’ve never met) for thanksgiving dinner if I was coming back. This was on September 30th. I kind of evaded the question and said it was months from now. He said it wasn’t that long to him. I didn’t address it further and replied with a jokey sexual innuendo (sorry for the cringe).

He never responded to that for two months. Until today when he texted out of the blue and asked me when I was going to visit. I’m not angry because I admit I was being flakey and annoying. But I’m mostly just confused because he acted like he didn’t just ghost me for two months. He sounds even more sincere and emotionally forthcoming than the last time...

I’ve considered that he likely has just come back because he was bored or his other choice of girl didn’t work out, (but my gut tells me I was his first choice and so do my friends who don’t even like him). But some also said the ghosting might’ve been because I offended him by not being serious enough about him...

His return has been making me feel really bad inside so any insight or help working this out would be so appreciated.

katydid

It doesn't sound to me like he ghosted you for those two months. It seems more likely that he finally took the hints that you were giving him. Scorpios can be slow to react emotionally sometimes, as they are fixed water. So they sometimes hang in there too long.

You were vague and inconsistent and didn't really seem that interested in him. But he was persistent. Until he finally gave up for awhile.

I find it strange that you now act 'hurt' or slighted because he may have or may not have been talking to someone else during that time. Why wouldn't he?

You were not exclusive with each other, were you? You wouldn't even agree to meet up with him months into the future.

Sorry, but I think you are being unfair to him, by saying he ghosted you and did something wrong. :bandit:

I applaud him for pulling back his Scorpio stingers, in self defense. lol

Last edited:

Cxxxcxxx

It doesn't sound to me like he ghosted you for those two months. It seems more likely that he finally took the hints that you were giving him. Scorpios can be slow to react emotionally sometimes, as they are fixed water. So they sometimes hang in there too long.

You were vague and inconsistent and didn't really seem that interested in him. But he was persistent. Until he finally gave up for awhile.

I find it strange that you now act 'hurt' or slighted because he may have or may not have been talking to someone else during that time. Why wouldn't he?

You were not exclusive with each other, were you? You wouldn't even agree to meet up with him months into the future.

Sorry, but I think you are being unfair to him, by saying he ghosted you and did something wrong. :bandit:

I applaud him for pulling back his Scorpio stingers, in self defense. lol

Thank you for your perspective and telling it to me without any filter. I see where you are coming from and you’re likely right about a lot of it. However, I just wanted to clear up some things I forgot to mention that might give you a better idea of how I would respond to him most of the time. I was only ever vague about thanksgiving because it seemed like a huge commitment that made me super nervous.

I think he very well knew how I felt about him and I liked him a lot. I told him things that he knows I’ve never shared with anyone else before. I also told him he was the first man to ever make me feel this way and always enthusiastically expressed my interest in him when we texted, whether it was me being silly and flirty, or super sentimental and serious. I would tell him that I liked him a lot more directly than he would say to me actually, and also told him how the massive age gap made me nervous because I didn’t want to get hurt. He was always supportive, but I do know that he had quite the reputation for being a player in the past.

I’m sure I let all of this get to my head and should have treated him better. I’ve felt guilty about it for a while now which is why I phrased my post like it was my fault (not sure if that came across but that’s what I meant when I said that I’m not angry and I must have been the one to offend him and always described him as being sincere). I’m not sure why I sounded bitter to you because I meant to come across as open to any suggestions anyone might have had. I also did not mean to accuse him of doing something wrong. I just thought the term ghosted was the most fitting way to describe what had happened.

I don’t blame him at all for leaving, I just sort of wanted to know why he left so suddenly and why he decided to come back now.

Lykanized

If we're looking at this strictly astrologically with what you've provided, I don't think he'd come back to you just because he's bored with other women. He may have felt hurt by your admitted flakiness of at least felt he had to sit back and question if he should continue going forward. Scorpios are very sensitive and they won't go forward if it feels too risky in te sense they might just get hurt or if they feel everything might possibly fall apart. And they want to trust, but trust is hard for them often

As already said, they can be slow to process emotions and honestly, I've found they can go into a state of suppression like they don't want to talk about anything until they're done processing whatever they're going through. They may deny there's any issue at all before that, even to themselves. That's how defensive they are against what might hurt them. And once they do process it, it may seem exactly like nothing ever happened like they just want to move on, at least to a spectator

They also question themselves a lot more than it may appear they do and sometimes they really need that time to work through that self questioning and every rogue thought going through their mind that makes them feel deeply unsettled

But I've also noticed they don't waste their time. If he's come back to you, it's not for no reason. He really does want to be in your life and there's a lot of weight behind the decision