Sadness and dissatisfaction: Where's it coming from in my chart?

You're a capricorn Ascendant in the sidereal zodiac. It means you got to work hard, to NOT be sad: :)

There are also other reason, but it would be Helpful if you posted the chart or gave me the chart data (calculation Program) in MESSG. ) :innocent:

waybread

If you suffer from clinical depression, please realize that it is an illness, just as asthma or having a broken leg are illnesses. There is medical treatment. It doesn't work for everyone, but some patients find medication to be helpful. The medical route would start with a visit to your family doctor, and a referral to a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist. Others who suffer from depression do better with daily outdoor exercise (notably brisk walking) or yoga. Staying indoors a lot is probably the worst thing for your morale. Please check out these options, as there may be a medical reason for what you feel.

A few things pop out about your chart.

One is your Mars retrograde. Mars rules our natural assertiveness and aggression, but with Mars retrograde, that aggression gets turned inward. You are probably very hard on yourself!

Saturn often shows where we feel inadequate and not good-enough. With Saturn in the first house of your outward personality and body, you may feel there is something wrong with how you come across to the world. The two good luck factors in the chart tend to be Venus and Jupiter, but with Saturn squaring them, you may feel that your good luck is continually blighted.

With your moon in the 8th house and sun in the 12th, you are probably a very private person. Sun conjunct Uranus may make you feel very different from other people-- but actually, you don't have it in you to try to fit in and be one of the herd.

Please realize that none of these placements mean that there is anything intrinsically wrong with you. Just that you are sort of hard-wired to be terribly critical of yourself and to suffer from the poor self-esteem that comes with it. You also seem to be an ambitious person (quintile aspects) which makes it harder if your internal critic says you're not living up to your potential.

Is it possible for you just to embrace who you are, as you are? With sun conjunct Uranus, you probably need to feel like a unique individual. Your moon sextile Venus probably means that you are a loving, caring individual.

Jupiter in your chart is actually very strong. If you can develop faith in yourself--exactly as you are, and a personal philosophy that gets you through the tough times, that should be helpful. You're fine the way you are.

Have you read Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now? Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf? I recommend both of them.

Frisiangal

There are so many issues that flow around sadness and clinical(professionally diagnosed) depression, that it is clearly impossible to ask beginning or intermediate astrologers to help you with this. Very few people who post on these forums on the internet are professional astrologers, and almost no professional astrologers also have professional psychological or psychiatric backgrounds.

Can I query this comment, please?
The poster was asking 'what could be causing these feelings in my chart.'
Is there no astrological symbolism that can offer an answer? And, if so, should it be given, or should the individual only be referred to a psychologist/psychiatrist for medical treatment?

When reading the post, 'sadness' made me think of Pisces,
depression brought Saturn, and 'sudden wave of bliss.....all is great' brought Jupiter to mind.
Jupiter-Saturn are strongly associated with the high highs and low lows that are found in what is now termed bipolar tendencies.
On seeing the chart, there is a 1st house (constitution/personality) Saturn
that squares Jupiter in its ruling sign, Sagittarius.

There is a 1st house Mercury conjunct Aquarius Ascendant (high frequency mentality) that, using smaller orbs than those on the chart, has no adverse aspects. Wouldn't this suggest that there is NO mental issue of a negative nature? With the trine to a Moon in Libra, the poster may 'live in the head'. Yet because there is no direct channel to the Jupiter square Saturn, is it understandable that the mind may have difficulty is assessing that which 'causes' the sadness?

Could the culprit be found in the joint link from both aspects to the meaning (Sagittarius influence) behind a harshly aspected Venus, by coincidence ruler of the 3rd house of 'mind processes'?

Moon is ruler of 6th house. Cancer deals with the dependent vulnerability of feelings, yet not mental issues as such. It makes harsh aspects to the modern ruler of Aquarius, ruler Ascendant. Applying harsh aspects from Moon to the modern planets are suggestive of not being able to emotionally deal with what they convey. Sun can make use of them.

An individual can be highly strung, yet it does not mean there is a mental illness issue. The 'issue' could be found in assessing the effect of situations upon the feelings. and how the individual can learn to make adjustments when and where necessary.

A horoscope chart can provide such information. Is it wrong to offer it in its right sense?

petosiris

Banned
There are so many issues that flow around sadness and clinical(professionally diagnosed) depression, that it is clearly impossible to ask beginning or intermediate astrologers to help you with this. Very few people who post on these forums on the internet are professional astrologers, and almost no professional astrologers also have professional psychological or psychiatric backgrounds.

And so.... if you think your sadness is excessive, you need to see a professional (PhD level) psychologist, or a psychiatrist(MD or DO). There are so many situations that flow around this: clinical depression, bi-polar disorder, and all the various personality disorders like Borderline Personality disorder.

Each of them require something different in your efforts to come to terms with them. For example, Borderline Personality Disorder requires a very specific kind of therapy called Dialectical Behavior Therapy plus several different drugs.

I only know this stuff because I do a lot of reading(and have relatives with these issues). I am not any kind psychologist or social worker. And I'm above an intermediate astrologer, but not a professional by any means.

Astrology is of no help when it comes to treating medicine, other than finding an illness. If there is a present and known psychological problem, then the next step is to treat it. The other posters do not understand what is a depression as you do.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Astrology is of no help when it comes to treating medicine, other than finding an illness. If there is a present and known psychological problem, then the next step is to treat it. The other posters do not understand what is a depression as you do.

That's an assumption and/or personal opinion on your part.
And this is an astrology site, not a medical waiting room.

Ethically speaking, astrologers should never give medical diagnoses based on astrological symbolism. But that doesn't mean they are ignorant of what it conveys.:whistling::wink:

Renee35

I've always struggled with depression and when not depressed, there's a constant underlying sense of sadness in the way I see myself and the world. Sometimes I have this sudden wave of bliss, where everything I was sad about seems great and all I need. But that is of course short lived. I always try to find a reason for these moods and most of the times I find one but the moods are too extreme compared to the reason. Sometimes I think it's normal for people to feel this way and other times like now, I feel like something's wrong and that I shouldn't be living with this.

I've done lots of research on mental illnesses that could be causing this but it's difficult diagnosing myself. I really want to see a therapist but I have this feeling that they won't understand and that I will never be able to trust their judgment. This is mostly due to the fact that I live in an extremely religious country where even psychology is heavily influenced by religion.

Also, I push myself in doing the best I can in certain areas, mostly education. But compared to others, it doesn't seem like I pushed myself enough. However, no matter how great the results are, my satisfaction is quickly replaced with a strong feeling of dissatisfaction that lasts. I always feel like I was just lucky, or I somehow managed to trick people in only seeing the good side of whatever it is I did. For example, when I get bad grades, no matter how hard I tried, I feel like I deserved that grade. However, when I get a good grade, I always feel like the teacher was easy on us with the grading, or she was in a good mood, or she somehow missed mistakes I made. I know this is a silly example, but it's just to show how it affects even the simplest things I do.

Anyways, I would just like some insight on what could be causing these feelings in my chart. Also, is there anything that points towards the potential of mental illness? Any help would be appreciated!

Hey there pretty Lady,
Wanted to let you know I peaked at your question and the chart, this is NOT medical advice by any means. But, looking at it does appear you're going thru a transitionary period that leads to more strength and also that you're an innovator (who does like traditionalism in certain regards). Now, that being said all that Aquarius energy makes you a rebel, put on Bob Marley's Soul Rebel, and get to doing whatever you want to do - even if it's outside of "norms". You'll be a happier person shortly and Mars has come to bless you big time until May 17th - so feel better my friend!!

StillOne

IMO, the opening post is related to symptoms from Moon square Neptune and Moon square Uranus. Of course, the whole chart needs to be evaluated, but these aspects can relate to the conditions described and may offer the op an explanation that can be analyzed and worked with.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

waybread

Petosiris, are you familiar with medical astrology? (Hint: it is mostly traditional.)

More modernly, Aquattarius has Mars retrograde. These people tend to be very hard on themselves. All of Mars' natural aggression is turned inward.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Petosiris, are you familiar with medical astrology? (Hint: it is mostly traditional.)

More modernly, Aquattarius has Mars retrograde. These people tend to be very hard on themselves. All of Mars' natural aggression is turned inward.

I am familiar and I believe (and have successfully found) it is possible to prognosticate and find a place of infirmity using certain techniques. But then that (iatromathematics) does not treat it in any way. The gods and medicine heal.

Last edited: