Overwhelmed by my chart!

mhoff627

My yoga teacher first overwhelmed me by saying, "There's a lot going on" in my chart. This sent me on endless Google searches for answers. I'm a novice though and any advice would help! I am concerned for my romantic relationships -- Pluto retograde in Scorpio in my 7th house. And that Mars in Aries in the 12 house is a little unnerving too.

Regardless, I would just like as much feedback as possible. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• MH chart.png
    MH chart.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 37

Aeryn

I don't have time right now to go into detail, but just to calm you down a little: There is nothing that is ever just good or just bad. Everything is both. If you are blessed with free flowing energy there is always the danger that you get lazy and lost in that. Likewise, if you have a lot of tension then you learn to deal with it, because you have to, and come out all the stronger. At first glance it seems easier to deal with the free flowing stuff, but if left unchecked it can lead to a situation where a person feels completely unfulfilled and doesn't even understand why because nothing seems to be wrong! It just is! Whereas the person with obvious "issues" can deal with them or get help more easily and has a better understanding of where their construction sites are.

You might get scared by all those red lines. But oppositions are my favourite stressful aspects because they each represent a great challenge that when overcome will make you strong. They help you find your centre and stabilize you. It is about finding the balance between two opposing forces. In this case they are all going between Capricorn (structure, discipline, professionalism...) and Cancer (emotions, vulnerability, your soft spot). (If you feel triggered by this, then you already have a starting point.)

At first glance I thought that Mars (passion, drive) was a problem, because you have not much going on in the fire signs. But you have a few planets in the fire houses, so maybe the lack of fire won't be felt too hard. But Aries is completely enclosed in your 12th and Mars with it, so I do think this is something to be addressed. Normally the point of a square (here: Mars) is said to help break out of a square, but since it is situated in 12th I'm not sure whether you have access to it. So I would focus on the Capricorn/Cancer angle first. Maybe that will give you access to Mars.

But my personal interest lies in purpose and here is my intuitive hit: What I find very exciting is that when at your best you seem to be a fair and just person, with a sense of duty and an innate interest in matters that concern everyone. You're good with details and those oppositions train you to not get lost in them, but take the grander picture into account, too. You are steady in your dealings and should be drawn towards people who dare to take a position. Take their views into account, even if they are extreme, because you are born to find the perfect middle ground that will be fair to all. Carry your findings out into the world and communicate them - that will help you live a fulfilled life.

PS: Relationship astrology is not my thing, but since you asked: While publicly you might lean towards keeping the peace and possibly even take a step back to avoid conflict, make sure you pick a partner who makes you feel safe to be yourself. Pick someone who will give you a peaceful and harmonious home, yet leaves room for a healthy debate. You might be a little reluctant to change your mind and this person should know how to challenge you the right way. Identify early whether someone is being a leader in the relationship or whether you are truly equals - neither is wrong! But make sure it is what you want and that it supports your life goals. I can imagine you being the ruler in the house and your partner being the ruler of your heart. Practically speaking it could be helpful to get someone who gently touches your raw nerve - Mars - and can at the same time make you feel safe in that vulnerability and help you explore it. My intuition tells me you need someone who will ignite that fire in you in a positive way, and can also catch you when you explode - because playing with fire causes sparks to fly! This should be a good thing and not a source of friction. Someone who will be happy to help you explore and analyse yourself, too, since you clearly have a need to understand the world around you. Some people just live for their loved one. I think you might be a person who lives for a higher cause and needs a partner to understand and be with you on that.

Last edited:

mhoff627

Wow, thank you so much! I am so grateful for your insightful response.

The Cancer-Capricorn oppositions are something I've been working on over the past few years.... first not letting my personal life, aka emotions, interfere with my professional life. Then finding something I am passionate about that will support the lifestyle I want. I often feel torn between this desire to be somewhat normal and have a partner and family, etc., and living this higher destiny, almost, this bigger life, that I feel.
Right now, I'm self employed and many of my jobs have just come to me very synchronistically. For the first time in my adult life, I feel comfortable with the direction my career is moving, even though it is quite vague.

Your intuitive hit is dead on. My parents divorced when I was about 6 months old, so I've always been in the middle and considered myself a bridge between different sides. And I think you're right about me being here for a higher cause as well. Though I'm not sure what that means, I know that I have certainly not had an average life.

The Mars thing is interesting because I can be very patient, loving and understanding, but once my line is crossed I can feel ANGRY. It's almost like the anger is out of my control, too, so I think that's coming from that subconscious Aries. It's sort of hard to explain... almost like a sudden burst that I can't control. It doesn't normally last for too long, and I almost always regret or feel bad for whatever I've said or done.

Anyways, I truly appreciate all the your help and time! Thank you so very much. Understanding myself is important for me, though sometimes I feel like it wastes more time than the things it helps :)

waybread

Well, I'm overwhelmed by that hard-to-read chart format. I find the charts at Astrodienst www.astro.com much easier on the eyes. That beefy T-square seems to be the major formation in your chart.

Aeryn

The Mars thing is interesting because I can be very patient, loving and understanding, but once my line is crossed I can feel ANGRY. It's almost like the anger is out of my control, too, so I think that's coming from that subconscious Aries. It's sort of hard to explain... almost like a sudden burst that I can't control. It doesn't normally last for too long, and I almost always regret or feel bad for whatever I've said or done.

Anyways, I truly appreciate all the your help and time! Thank you so very much. Understanding myself is important for me, though sometimes I feel like it wastes more time than the things it helps :)

Hah! Awesome! Glad I was on the right track. Thank you for the confirmation. I think the Anger thing makes perfect sense. The 12th house hides stuff from us and/or others. So it is more in your nature to ignore or suppress that aspect of yourself, which results in a lack of practice for dealing with it when you can no longer explain everything away. Just forgive yourself for that and keep working at it. That's all it takes. :D

And I believe trying to understanding yourself is never a waste of time, but of course you shouldn't obsess over it: An important part of learning - especially about yourself - is to give yourself the time to let the new information sink in. If new input and new information keeps coming in you don't have time to process and you start going in circles. ;)

Glad I could help. ;)