Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 11-28-2016, 06:02 AM

Smile Re: Hi, I am a Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Uranus in Taurus is probably the worst placement for Uranus.

I'm assuming you're joking, but still.

Taurus is traditional, conservative, and doesn't ever change. Uranus is none of those.
It helps Taurus changeover to the next Sign, which is from most Fixed (Taurus) to second-most Mutable, Gemini. It's so important in this regard, I consider it to have secondary-rulership authority over Taurus. Remember, each Sign is in a constant state of transition into the next, in a process of transformation.

Unread 11-28-2016, 06:04 AM

Re: Hi, I am a Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Why do you think so?
Uranus in Aquarius is literally perfect.

Uranus in Aries is good, but Aries is way too selfish and not humanitarian at all.
Unread 11-28-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Hmm, how do square that with the fact that Uranus goes out of its way to destroy enduring structures?
Any structures that get in the way of unlocking our mental abilities, and freeing our Minds, are currently under pressure from the "Uranian-effect". Those who feel the need to protect those structures are reacting violently and destructively. Which is why the current Transit through Aries is problematic.
Unread 11-28-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Uranus in Aquarius is literally perfect.
Yes, I get that. But WHY?

Quote:
Uranus in Aries is good, but Aries is way too selfish and not humanitarian at all.

Ahh, now I'm seeing what you're getting at. So you think Uranus = Aquarius and therefore Uranus = humanitarian and unselfish?
Unread 11-28-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:

Ahh, now I'm seeing what you're getting at. So you think Uranus = Aquarius and therefore Uranus = humanitarian and unselfish?
I think human beings will be humanitarian and unselfish once our Minds are free. Similar to the Gnostic view, actually. Uranian influence DISSOLVES impeding structures, in a non-violent way. It's the OPPOSITION to this process that uses every means available to prevent it from proceeding, including violence. (I'm obviously labeling as a Benefic.)

Last edited by david starling; 11-28-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Unread 11-28-2016, 08:21 AM

There's another category of Sign/rulership pairing based on the Sign transitions, which I'm still not sure what to call. It's a partnership situation, so maybe "Functional-rulership"(?) The Functional-ruler has influence over a Sign as well. For Taurus, the Functional-ruler is Venus, which is in partnership with the Native-ruler of Taurus, (actually the Earth itself, which is in fixed position in the center of the Zodiacal-circle, and has its Zodiacal position located by the Age-Indicator); AND, (in this special case), the Co-ruler, . For Sagittarius, the Native-ruler is the Asc (which is where the Sun's apparent orbit intersects the Eastern horizon, and is the origin of the word "Horoscope", "Watcher of the Hour"); and, Regulator and in this special case Co-ruler, Jupiter. The Functional-rulers of Sagittarius are the Zodiacal representatives of the Earth and Heaven, the Age-Indicator and . Sagittarius is therefore "in service" to both, just as Taurus is "in service" to Venus, Native-ruler of Libra.

Last edited by david starling; 11-28-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Unread 11-28-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
There's another category of Sign/rulership pairing based on the Sign transitions, which I'm still not sure what to call. It's a partnership situation, so maybe "Functional-rulership"(?) The Functional-ruler has influence over a Sign as well. For Taurus, the Functional-ruler is Venus, which is in partnership with the Native-ruler of Taurus, (actually the Earth itself, which is in fixed position in the center of the Zodiacal-circle, and has its Zodiacal position located by the Age-Indicator); AND, (in this special case), the Co-ruler, . For Sagittarius, the Native-ruler is the Asc (which is where the Sun's apparent orbit intersects the Eastern horizon, and is the origin of the word "Horoscope", "Watcher of the Hour"); and, Regulator and in this special case Co-ruler, Jupiter. The Functional-rulers of Sagittarius are the Zodiacal representatives of the Earth and Heaven, the Age-Indicator and . Sagittarius is therefore "in service" to both, just as Taurus is "in service" to Venus, Native-ruler of Libra.
Needs simplifying--
{Taurus}Native-ruler: The Earth through its Zodiacal representative the Age-Indicator.
Regulator, and in this special case, Co-ruler:
Functional-ruler: Venus

{Sagittarius}Native-ruler: The Sun, through the point where the Sun's apparent orbit crosses the Eastern Horizon--the Ascendant.
Regulator, and in this special case, Co-ruler: Jupiter.
Functional-rulers: The Earth, through the Age-Indicator, and the Heavens, through the position of .

The term "in service" applies to the relationship between a Sign and its Functional-ruler(s).

Last edited by david starling; 11-28-2016 at 09:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (11-28-2016)
Unread 11-28-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah pretty much. All of the Uranus concepts are expressed through the Aquarius sign. The only difference is that Uranus represents sudden change of events while Aquarius doesn't really seem to be sudden.

Last edited by AppLeo; 11-28-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Unread 11-28-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawiri View Post
Uranus is on my ascendant and I am triggered by your attempting to fit Uranus into any of your boxes.

I think Taurus is a good sign for Uranus. They have almost the same sounding name so there must be something there.
Taurus and not Virgo?

I guess it just seems to me that Virgo would be the most likelly to actually implement Uranus in a real, meaningful way. Taurus actually seems a bit, I don't know. Complacent for that.
Unread 11-28-2016, 05:41 PM

I've never seen any evidence of Uranus being humanitarian. Uranus seems as selfish as Mars or Pluto. The humanitarian ideas about Uranus resulted from its being named as ruler of Aquarius. However, unlike Aquarius, Uranus has no ties or concerns with others. This is why Uranus can be particularly difficult in connection with affiliative planets like Venus.

In The Art of Predictive Astrology Carol Rushman wrote that Uranus, natally or in transit, is associated with divorce: "Uranus is a selfish planet. It wants things on its own terms [...]"

Last edited by sibylline; 11-28-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Unread 11-28-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
I've never seen any evidence of Uranus being humanitarian. Uranus seems as selfish as Mars or Pluto. The humanitarian ideas about Uranus resulted from its being named as ruler of Aquarius. However, unlike Aquarius, Uranus has no ties or concerns with others. This is why Uranus can be particularly difficult in connection with affiliative planets like Venus.

In The Art of Predictive Astrology Carol Rushman wrote that Uranus, natally or in transit, is associated with divorce: "Uranus is a selfish planet. It wants things on its own terms [...]"
Many modern websites view Uranus as a humanitarian planet, so i guess I can see how it's been warped.

And if Uranus isn't a humanitarian planet then the Aries sign would be perfect. The most non selfish sign is Libra. Libra is indecisive and rather slow. Same with Taurus. Both signs are ruled by Venus.

Uranus is also of the higher intellect. I find Mercury in Aries to be really good because it results in quick thinking. Uranus in Aries probably does just as well.

What about Uranus in Leo?? That would be a really good placement.
Unread 11-28-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
Taurus and not Virgo?

I guess it just seems to me that Virgo would be the most likelly to actually implement Uranus in a real, meaningful way. Taurus actually seems a bit, I don't know. Complacent for that.
In the pattern I've been presenting, you're correct: Virgo is the "in-service" Sign for .
Unread 11-28-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:

The slower Planets ARE more impersonal than the faster ones. The "Uranian-Effect" is about freeing the mind , and dissolving restrictions that prevent us from accessing our full mental potential. It's not just about "getting in touch" with our Higher Self, but actually becoming it. So, impersonal in a good way, but not without conflicting with obstacles to that end. If a marriage is impeding the process of freeing the mind, it's an obstacle in that regard.
Unread 11-28-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:

How would you delineate the Sagittarius and Taurus in this chart?
I consider Traditional-astrology to be a stand-alone system at the roots. This Modern system is a branch which I believe bears fruit, but using Traditional terms can be misleading. That said, In Leo is "weakened", since it's the Native-ruler of Leo's opposite Sign, Aquarius. Saturn on the Ascendant, Native-ruler of Sagittarius, which is the Sign they're in, is very problematic. Sun and Mercury in Taurus, together with Jupiter in Virgo on the M.C. cause a good outward appearance, but I'm seeing a powder keg ready to explode, especially with Moon in Cap, ruled by Saturn, and that emotional Mars opposing level-headed Capricorn. I see "Important person" (never heard of him, haven't looked him up yet), but not a Peacemaker.

Last edited by david starling; 11-28-2016 at 07:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (11-28-2016)
Unread 11-28-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I consider Traditional-astrology to be a stand-alone system at the roots. This Modern system is a branch which I believe bears fruit, but using Traditional terms can be misleading. That said, In Leo is "weakened", since it's the Native-ruler of Leo's opposite Sign, Aquarius. Saturn on the Ascendant, Native-ruler of Sagittarius, which is the Sign they're in, is very problematic. Sun and Mercury in Taurus, together with Jupiter in Virgo on the M.C. cause a good outward appearance, but I'm seeing a powder keg ready to explode, especially with Moon in Cap, ruled by Saturn, and that emotional Mars opposing level-headed Capricorn. I see "Important person" (never heard of him, haven't looked him up yet), but not a Peacemaker.
No need to look him up; it's a hypothetical. Instead of giving it the name "fake" I decided to get creative and name it Fakir. I'm surprised how applicable that title is for a chart like this.

I was hoping you would use some of your more idiosyncratic techniques on the chart. I do see that you emphasized Saturn afflicting the "native ruler" of Sagittarius. What does that mean for the ascendant/Sagittarius?
Unread 11-28-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Many modern websites view Uranus as a humanitarian planet, so i guess I can see how it's been warped.
This comes from too much theory and not enough application, methinks. Some astrologers are long on theories which they haven't tested thoroughly or at all.

Quote:
And if Uranus isn't a humanitarian planet then the Aries sign would be perfect. The most non selfish sign is Libra.
Well, that's debatable. Not super interested in debating it though.

Quote:
Uranus is also of the higher intellect. I find Mercury in Aries to be really good because it results in quick thinking. Uranus in Aries probably does just as well.
Merc in Aries is quick on the draw but this can also lead to many errors due to not having considered all information.

Quote:
What about Uranus in Leo?? That would be a really good placement.
What about it? I tend to pay more attention to the aspects and placements with the outer planets. Leo is a self-focused sign though, so doesn't help re: Uranus selfishness.
Unread 11-28-2016, 09:32 PM

Most of the people I know with an emphasized Uranus have less to do with outright humanitarianism and more with there own idiosyncratic ventures. One girl I know with Uranus conjunct the ascendant was interested in empowering women with PCOS as she suffers from it. But then I can attribute that to her having Aquarius ascendant instead with her ASC ruler located in Pisces.
Unread 11-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawiri View Post
Uranus is on my ascendant and I am triggered by your attempting to fit Uranus into any of your boxes.

I think Taurus is a good sign for Uranus. They have almost the same sounding name so there must be something there.
I am triggered by all this box-fitting of Urania as well. It's so partially sighted to see it as a malefic.

And I just wrote a whole reply on this before noticing this thread had been created.
Unread 11-29-2016, 05:59 PM

Re: Uranus is a malefic

Quote:
You have a dirty mind, and yet, I can't unsee it...
I'm sorry! ):

Quote:
^LMAO (pun intended).
Quote:
I can't even begin to respond to either of the above. Lol.

Quote:
So, more appropriately... @AppLeo, since you have a wide orb Uranus opposition to your Sun, how well do you relate to the aspect?
I kind of agree with it. I guess I seem pretty unconventional as a person and there are many sudden events in my life.

But I'm usually quiet and alone without the craziness of Uranus.

I identify way more with my Neptune-Sun aspect and North Node conjunct Moon and Mercury living in my own little world.
Unread 11-29-2016, 06:05 PM

What is one "supposed" to be like with Uranus opposite sun?
Unread 11-29-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
What is one "supposed" to be like with Uranus opposite sun?
Erratic and crazy.
Unread 11-29-2016, 06:16 PM

^Not necessarily...It depends.
Unread 11-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Depends on what? I'm not sure most people would admit that their lives are "erratic and crazy" offhand.
Unread 11-29-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Depends on what?
Unread 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM

I've mostly read about sun opposite Uranus as being rigidly conventional. I don't even know what these words mean anymore.

Tags
malefic, uranus