Experimenting...Where's your Asteroid name?

filly

This was awesome to me to find out! My Asteroid name Philipa is 977 and I was born in 1977...Ok just coincidence!:wink:

In my chart it conjuncts my Ascendant and North Node! Plus parallel Venus Exact!
I guess my name was no accident...:D

My dad tried to call me Mariana, my grandmother's name but to no avail my mom decided against all odds and discussions. Specially when my cousin was already named the same!^^

It started making sense then why "everybody" knows my name, even before I've been presented to them. Personally I,m terrible with names and some ppl I never memorize them... So it was something that always made me wonder!

My second name Isabel is in my house 4, only close ppl know about it and only my mom used to call it together with the 1st when she was angry . :D

The Sabian Symbol at 22.42 Libra(Philipa) is: Chanticleer's Voice Heralds Sunrise
(not my voice for sure..Lol)

Sabian for Isabel: A Deserter From The Navy :whistling: (yeah, this one was deserted at home...)

What about you? Does your name makes sense where it falls? Does the Sabian symbold shades some light?

I'll upload another chart with my names if you wanna have a look!

Attachments

• Chart w names.jpg
    Chart w names.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 34

Lion o ness

My name is at 13Lib.. Its conjunct my Uranus/Juno..

14º Libra (194): IN THE HEAT OF THE NOON, A MAN TAKES A SIESTA.

Funny that my sabian says in the heat I take a nap, my name is conjunct uranus..

filly

My name is at 13Lib.. Its conjunct my Uranus/Juno..

14º Libra (194): IN THE HEAT OF THE NOON, A MAN TAKES A SIESTA.

Funny that my sabian says in the heat I take a nap, my name is conjunct uranus..

Lolls! It sounds that you'd make a most unusual wife. Taking a nap when you should be cooking lunch...
Or because it says a"man takes a siesta"... your husband would be taking a nap so not to try your unusual cooking!:whistling:

Now out of joke, concerning your name it may be that your husband will call you an unusual name or that your surname through marriage will be very unusual? It falls in Libra of partnerships after all...

What house it falls by the way?

filly

My name isn't on there :/

Many names aren't :pouty: And so many asteroids to be named...
My boyfriend's isn't there as well and I went to the list of new asteroids and chose one with the initials of his name JM1 and it's exactly conjunct my Venus!:love: I love this coincidences :)

My name in his chart is exacy conjunct my Moon/MC and another boyfriend I had it was conjunct his Moon and my Sun.

Some Astrologers use a similar name sometimes, I learn this when I was reading about the charts of a killer and victm and the chart at the time of the murder. The names were quite fortelling!
Have you tried surnames as well? May tell about your descendance...

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Lolls! It sounds that you'd make a most unusual wife. Taking a nap when you should be cooking lunch...
Or because it says a"man takes a siesta"... your husband would be taking a nap so not to try your unusual cooking!:whistling:

Now out of joke, concerning your name it may be that your husband will call you an unusual name or that your surname through marriage will be very unusual? It falls in Libra of partnerships after all...

What house it falls by the way?

Its in my 7th... I do have an unusual married name.. Its often mistake for another name..
If you must know my ex hubby LOVED to cook, so he did allllllll the cooking :wink:

filly

Its in my 7th... I do have an unusual married name.. Its often mistake for another name..
If you must know my ex hubby LOVED to cook, so he did allllllll the cooking :wink:

Really? Wow, this name Asteriods might work after all!
Yeah, I guess you were the "man" after all...:D

Lion o ness

Ive actually done some personal research on personal names.. I had to use my own relationships to understand, but it made a lot of sense... It doesnt make sense until everything is over and played out..

I went back and entered some of the guys names and how and where they fell on my chart...

A guy that I found out he had a lot of secrets from me, his name fell in my 12th..

I had two guys that I went back and fourth with for YEARS... (long story) him, then him, then back to him... lol
Anyways both of their names were conjunct exactly on my chart...

Ive also noticed the transit name ( where there name fell when we met) to be very telling also...

I think it definitely goes with that statement, we met said person, when we are suppose to..

filly

Ive actually done some personal research on personal names.. I had to use my own relationships to understand, but it made a lot of sense... It doesnt make sense until everything is over and played out..

I went back and entered some of the guys names and how and where they fell on my chart...

A guy that I found out he had a lot of secrets from me, his name fell in my 12th..

I had two guys that I went back and fourth with for YEARS... (long story) him, then him, then back to him... lol
Anyways both of their names were conjunct exactly on my chart...

Ive also noticed the transit name ( where there name fell when we met) to be very telling also...

I think it definitely goes with that statement, we met said person, when we are suppose to..

Interesting, I'm going to check out with transits as well!

I had a very intense fling some time ago with a guy and he had a girlfriend back in our origin country when he came to work in UK.
I really wanted to know about her so as I didn't have a chart to do the synastry between them I draw up her name in our charts. On the top of my head my Lilith was conjunct her name (I was the evil one lol), our synastry was awesome but just by the aspect to the names I got the hint he was gonna go back to her...and he did! He told me he was scared to open the Pandora box...:sideways:

This same guy told me that he always identified strongly with the mysticism of the Wolf so I went home, draw his chart and guess what?
Asteroid Wolf conjunct his Ascendant=Exact!! I love Astrology! :)

Shame that I didn't keep exact track of the dates of important occasions in my past...Now that I study Astrology I keep record of everything!

I'd like to check how cities and countries play out as well when I have the time...

Fulcrum

Mine's at 5 Sadge 45, V house, conjunct my Vertex (give or take two degrees).

Sabian for that degree: A Game Of Cricket. (Always been a bit of an Anglophile and have been known a little too well for my stiff upper lip.)

Only other physical body I can see in the 5th house is Neptune, and my name asteroid does not aspect it. It does throw a tight square to Pluto (Virgo III), and a weaker one to Jupiter (Pisces IX). Also sesquisquares my Sun (Aries X) and my Ascendant. The Astro chart I drew up also lists a trine to my NN, but that's a 10 degree orb and I'm not inclined to give it much emphasis.

An interesting thing popped up when I did a synastry chart on Astro with the woman I'm currently pursuing: my name asteroid shows up in her chart conjunct my Mars, and her name asteroid shows up in my chart conjunct her Venus. That's gotta mean something, yeah?

Flowergirl

how does one find their astroid name???
You look under the extended chart selection on astro.com, then click on the 'astroid name/number' list down at the bottom and look for your name. The list takes a while to load. Then add the asteroid number to the extended chart selection in the space at the bottom of the page.

Found my asteroid name. How interesting. :happy:

Last edited:

Lion o ness

I dont remember the time or date when I met most people, when I met this one guy I looked at the time and when I checked my transits for the meeting his transit name was conjunct my name...

I found that interesting..

filly

Mine's at 5 Sadge 45, V house, conjunct my Vertex (give or take two degrees).

Sabian for that degree: A Game Of Cricket. (Always been a bit of an Anglophile and have been known a little too well for my stiff upper lip.)

Only other physical body I can see in the 5th house is Neptune, and my name asteroid does not aspect it. It does throw a tight square to Pluto (Virgo III), and a weaker one to Jupiter (Pisces IX). Also sesquisquares my Sun (Aries X) and my Ascendant. The Astro chart I drew up also lists a trine to my NN, but that's a 10 degree orb and I'm not inclined to give it much emphasis.

An interesting thing popped up when I did a synastry chart on Astro with the woman I'm currently pursuing: my name asteroid shows up in her chart conjunct my Mars, and her name asteroid shows up in my chart conjunct her Venus. That's gotta mean something, yeah?

Interesting! Conjunct the Vertex... That's like a 2nd Desc. Axis where we attract the "right" people at "the right" time to teach us some karmic lessons. It is called the electric Axis as well!

Maybe your name plays a part in "electrifying" this people into your life!
It may be a name of an important player, a great Artist, an epic personage. In Saggy, can be someone foreigner, Jupiter in Pisces the 9th (Guru, philosopher, paintor and very foreigner...) Maybe Anglo as you say!
Or is just plain sexy...lol
And apparently is probably good in getting you female "game" as well! :D Oh and don't forget that Pluto square, it carries some power!
But not only, the 5th house has to do with creativity and children as well...
I'm curious now!:wink::biggrin:

Have you tried to figure the origins and meaning of your name?
This contacts to your Vertex may make you act like your name's meaning...
Another thing that came up to my mind is that you can give your name to one of your children or to a creative project.
Sometimes personal names are carried into the family and that bears a karmic feel to it...

I think names specially relevant in Synastry, we may know 10 different Marias but the chart contacts they all make to their names in our chart are all different and vice-versa! It seems you got something there! :)

waybread

My namesake asteroid isn't too exciting in my chart, but I find that synastry gets really interesting.

First off, one has to look for cognate names in other languages. For example, if your name is "John" and there's no asteroid "John", look for Juan, Jan, Ian, Johannes, Hans, Ivan, and so on. Even so, you might not have an asteroid with your name in any language.

My husband doesn't have an asteroid that matches his English name, but there are German and Italian namesakes. The German name asteroid conjuncts my sun. My asteroid sextiles his sun/NN/Venus.

filly

You look under the extended chart selection on astro.com, then click on the 'astroid name/number' list down at the bottom and look for your name. The list takes a while to load. Then add the asteroid number to the extended chart selection in the space at the bottom of the page.

Found my asteroid name. How interesting. :happy:

Ohh come on! Share with us...:D

Fulcrum

Interesting! Conjunct the Vertex... That's like a 2nd Desc. Axis where we attract the "right" people at "the right" time to teach us some karmic lessons. It is called the electric Axis as well!

Maybe your name plays a part in "electrifying" this people into your life!
It may be a name of an important player, a great Artist, an epic personage. In Saggy, can be someone foreigner, Jupiter in Pisces the 9th (Guru, philosopher, paintor and very foreigner...) Maybe Anglo as you say!
Or is just plain sexy...lol

We do share a spiritual bond, but the talk has recently shifted from matters spiritual to art (she paints) and music (I compose and perform)—which to me indicates that the talk hasn't shifted all that much as we bring our spirituality into our art as a matter of course. I'm good with that.

My Sun conjuncts her Anti-Vertex, her Jupiter conjuncts mine (exactly), and her SN is just within orb of a conjunction with my NN. Our Venuses are conjunct.. hard. More to it than that of course but it does feel fated.

There's definitely a pull beyond that, one that neither of us is ready to acknowledge, but thinking about it, and her, puts a smile on my face.

Have you tried to figure the origins and meaning of your name?

It's Old Germanic (like a great-grandfather to English) for "powerful leader". Fitting that my NN is in Leo.. although my immediate namesake is my father, there was another in English history who was said to have the heart of a lion.

I think names specially relevant in Synastry, we may know 10 different Marias but the chart contacts they all make to their names in our chart are all different and vice-versa! It seems you got something there! :)

If it looks like it's going in that direction—and I hope it is; there's other issues that we need to work out first within ourselves—I'll post the appropriate charts in the appropriate place. ;^)

Yes.. the name asteroids do seem to be worth exploring!

piscesnurse

thank you so much filly

In The Quiet Of His Study A Creative Individual Experiences A Flow Of Inspiration 15 degrees pisces right on my venus and sun pt of fortune
sq uranus and north node??

Last edited:

Choe

On the asteroid name list, there are funny names like ivandanilov, ivantzvetov
Those are full male names in the East European countries.
I'm guessing they are some russian astronomers who named those asteroids after themselves?
So,I'm thinking,not every single asteroid from the thousands in that list has divine purpose and deeper meaning,as there are some silly or random names given by people.

Also,isn't the band Pink Floyd named after the asteroid? Or is the asteroid named after the band :w00t: ? http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=19367

Last edited: