Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 10-12-2011, 02:25 AM

Does opportunity only knock once?

Hello everyone, I had a question that has been plaguing my mind for some time now, and i wanted to know did I miss my chance. Ok, so a year ago I was doing some promotional work at a club. While I was working I met this very powerful man that works in the media. We sat in the V.I.P section of the club and begin talking. He flirted with me a bit, but i politely declined. After some time of flirting he realized i wasn't responding, and we began talking about his many accomplishments. He told me about some of the many people he met and some of his productions. I asked him about careers in the media and he gave me some advice and told me about how the media really works. Anyway, I was wondering did I miss a chance for a better career? Could he help me or was it just a "casting couch" scenario? Can I even ask a question about a situation that happened a year ago?

Thankyou everyone for taking the time and reading my thread. All answers are highly appreciated.

Here's my horary chart

Last edited by redrobin23; 10-12-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Unread 10-12-2011, 05:39 AM

Re: Does opportunity only knock once?

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

-you = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-he = 7th house (as the house of "the other") = Virgo = Mercury
-your possible success = 11th house = Capricorn = Saturn
-he (Mercury) flows away from you (Jupiter) and there is no applying aspect between Mercury and Jupiter (eventually though there will be an opposition) = - testimony
-he (Mercury) flows away from your possible success significator Saturn and is seperating from a prior conjunction with Saturn = - testimony
-your co-significator Moon is flowing away from him (Mercury), is sign opposite to him, and is flowing toward a degree opposition to Mercury as well = - testimony
-your Part of Fortune falls @ 27 Virgo: he (Mercury which is also the significator for the POF) flows away from the POF, as does your possible success significator Saturn which all = - testimony

Alll testimonies here are -; answer, NO you did NOT miss an opportunity from him for a better career (no, he could not have helped you)
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Thankyou Dr. Farr, for your elaborate explanation of my horary chart. I've done some reading on horary but I'm still pretty much in the woods on explanations. I was hoping he could help me, but hey there will be better chances in the future, hopefully. I have one question though.

Dr. Farr
-he (Mercury) flows away from you (Jupiter) and there is no applying aspect between Mercury and Jupiter (eventually though there will be an opposition) = - testimony
Does the opposition between the two planets have any significance or is that how you determine the outcomes of the natal chart?

Thanx
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:36 AM

In this chart, no the opposition is not "in effect" and so does not count; however, seeing that such an opposition will occur in the near future, just tends to add more to the negativity suggested by the rest of the delineation.

Tags
knock, opportunity