Aquarius in the 7th

I read somewhere that Aquarius in the 7th house usually means divorce for the person who has it, especially if coupled with no planets in the 7th. Unfortunately, I have this and I was wondering if this is true.

I read somewhere that Aquarius in the 7th house usually means divorce for the person who has it, especially if coupled with no planets in the 7th. Unfortunately, I have this and I was wondering if this is true.

Welcome to the World of Astrology!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10
http://www.soulhealing.com/tutorialwest.htm
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-glyphs.php

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

Aquarius/uranus does quite enjoy unconvential relationships, but it really all depends on how Uranus is aspected and in what housse.

fushiafairy

not necessarily. It could indicate an unusual partner or a unusual relationship arrangement(open marriage or some other non conforming).

I have known people with aquarius on descendant who did not get divorced.
I also know people who have had one serious relationship but then ended up finding the right one.
With Uranus transit through aquarius and then pisces, I did see alot of breakups for leo and virgo ascendants.

I would also look at the aspects uranus makes and where it is located in the chart.

waybread

I think fushia is right. I think the "Aquarius on the 7th" idea must come from Uranus as its modern ruler. Uranus is all about sudden change, but also about liberation, unusual people, and the unpredictable. So if Uranus is well-aspected, I don't know that divorce is in the stars.

The sign on the cusp of the 7th house and its ruler often indicate the type of person the individual will be attracted to. This doesn't mean it will be someone with the sun in Aquarius, merely that s/he will seemingly embody Aquarian traits to the individual.

waybread

SecretGarden, it is important to become a connoisseur of astrology cookbook interpretations. There is the good, the bad, and the downright incorrect for you. Since the 7th house cusp isn't the key to most people's horoscope, obviously it is going to play out differently for an intense Scorpio than for a rugged individualist Aries or Aquarian. Possibly Mr. Right will simply show Aquarian tendencies, like being a scientist or having some unusual or independent ideas.

Do you want to post your chart?

I know, waybread. :( Thank you.

I guess sometimes I just focus on the bad things. Reading over and over that I'm likely to get divorced in several astrology books and websites just kind of gets to me sometimes, since marriage is so important to me. I'm not even planning to get married anytime soon, but any romantic things/relationships i've had have all gone pretty badly. I know I'm still really young, but it is still hard to read that after you've had such bad luck!

I posted my chart below.

Attachments

• natalchartSG.jpg
    natalchartSG.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 64

waybread

OK, for whomever posted her chart....both the modern and traditional rulers of your 7th house (Uranus and Saturn) are located in the 5th house. You have quite a stellium there, suggesting a focus on recreation/leisure activities or children. Love affairs fall into this house, also, as opposed to permanent relationships which are a 7th house matter. Mr. Right would need to share your passion for 5th house matters, whether it is having children or an avocational activity.

MaeMae

Banned
Here's a different angle to Aquarius 7th - (no pun intended)

I'm an Aquarian, with Sun Aquarius in 7th on descendant, as well as Mercury in 7th. I am 50 and have never married, thereby never divorced.

Uranus or Aquarius and 7th house indicates unconventional and non-traditional relationships. Perhaps it is a desire to never be tied-down or obligated to tradition.

Relationships have never been a problem for me getting into them but getting out of them has been, likely due to my Sun in 7th's need to be bonded with another. I have been in 3 long-term committed partnerships over the course of my adult life, a cumulative 25 years among the three. A couple of these relationships outlasted marriages of my Taurus and Scorpio friends.

Interesting aside, Capricorn, traditional ruler of Aquarius, stays in relationships out of duty. Aquarius, modernly ruled by Uranus, stays in relationships because they meet some need of unconventionality, I believe. Either way - there is definitely "stick-to-it-iveness" with Aquarius.

I imagine, with the multitude of divorces on the books in this world, not everyone who has divorced has had Uranus or Aquarius in 7th house, so it seems to me a generalization to perceive it as so.

Aquarius/Uranus wants change and "mix 'em up" in their daily diet, even though, quirky truth, they buck and stumble when it comes down to it. It is a fixed sign, and there is an understanding of "sticking with it," whatever IT is. It has to be something that appeals to Aquarius' search for truth and meaning and ultimate need for freedom.

You never know with Aquarius just what that is.

I knew a couple who were never married, both Aquarian's, who maintained a 40 year relationship with each other - including other partners and great distances between them over time, who felt matched with the other enough to never end their primary relationship, but chose instead to separate for periods of time and engage in secondary relationships while still maintaining a commitment to one another. Only death of the male separated them, and she never re-established a relationship with anyone else following it. She is in her 70's, now, and still speaks of her mate as the one and only love of her life.

The one thing I would say about Aquarius on/in 7th is that you can only expect the unexpected with them in relations, but know that the unexpected is dedicated and long-term. In essence, not unexpected at all.

The Aquarian contrarians...

Last edited:

Lost_spirit

Interesting..I have aquarius on the 7th and the idea of getting married is just a bad nightmare to me.I avoid it at all costs.In the past I have broken up with someone who wanted to marry me.It's not that I don't like being in a commited relationship,actually I love it.It's the idea of marriage that scares me. :sick:

mpalardy

I have Aquarius in the seventh as well. But to complicate matters, I have Venus there too, almost on the descendant, with no other planets in that sign or house. This is an unusual placement and gives me pause.

SecretGarden

I was read this thread again and was wondering: if you have Aquarius on the 7th (with an empty 7th house) but you have Juno in the 7th, can this modify the house and make it more favorable?

Chirongirl

I was read this thread again and was wondering: if you have Aquarius on the 7th (with an empty 7th house) but you have Juno in the 7th, can this modify the house and make it more favorable?

I read somewhere (in a cookbook!) Aquarius in 7th means you marry an Astrologer or Computer engineer. This is also the position for a lot of great people who were married to a cause, or have most weired partners!

Juno placement shows what kind of person you NEED as partner, not what kidn you want. So in your case you NEED a partner who is an Astrologer or totally weired...or perhaps an Alien..hahaha. You might want someone different though..

burlinvermon

george w. bush and robbie williams have aquarius in 7th

george w. bush married on November 5 1977

robbie williams maried on 7 August 2010
The couple has been living together in a mansion in Wiltshire since the beginning of 2009
On 30 March 2012 Williams announced that he and his wife, Ayda, would become parents for the first time.

dreamtimez

Interesting..I have aquarius on the 7th and the idea of getting married is just a bad nightmare to me.I avoid it at all costs.In the past I have broken up with someone who wanted to marry me.It's not that I don't like being in a commited relationship,actually I love it.It's the idea of marriage that scares me. :sick:

I have Uranus in the first (Libra) ... I am not married. The idea of marriage scares me too :crying: I like commitments, relationships ... but I also love my independence.

Cloverskies77

A

Aquarius in the 7th house-- partners are likely to be friends, the most fruitful relationships wlll be those that are remain detached and those that are not so demanding upon each other. Partners may be unsual, eccentric in some way.
I dont see anything bad about Aqua in the 7th except your partner may be wierd /ecentric lol Aquas can be alot of fun.:tongue:

Cloverskies

waybread

The divorce rate in the US is currently around 50%, so it would be hard to imagine all of these people having Aquarius on the cusp of the 7th. This idea must come from Uranus as the modern ruler of Aquarius, which relates to sudden beginnings and endings. Uranus actually in the 7th might have this effect.

The thing about engineers and astrologers is that these were identified by modern astrologers as Aquarian occupations. Aquarius on the 7th cusp suggests that the person is attracted to people who seemingly exemplify Aquarian traits; regardless of their sun-sign.

Aquarius is the fixed air sign, and paired with Leo rising, such people are capable of a lot of loyalty. Looking at the position of Saturn (traditional ruler of Aquarius) and Uranus (modern ruler) can give you more information about someone's 7th house. As is often the case, Leo-Aquarius have some commonalities and differences. Both need to be unique individuals. A person with Leo rising may adore being the centre of attention, yet be attracted to potential mates/partners who are more aloof and not outwardly emotional, thus unlikely to be the source of admiration Leo craves.

Mermaid

I read somewhere (in a cookbook!) Aquarius in 7th means you marry an Astrologer or Computer engineer. This is also the position for a lot of great people who were married to a cause, or have most weired partners!

Juno placement shows what kind of person you NEED as partner, not what kidn you want. So in your case you NEED a partner who is an Astrologer or totally weired...or perhaps an Alien..hahaha. You might want someone different though..

Just reading some old posts. Well, I am Leo rising, with Aqua on the cusp of 7th. My Juno is in the 6th house, conjuncting DC. I HAVE Saturn in 4th and Uranus in 5th house.
I can say that I am always attracted to ppl which are generally percieved as weird or have somr special/difficult character. However, my longest relationship was with Capricorn, which was probably too "normal" for me that the relationship would last. I've reaf that also Jupiter tells a lot about thr future husband. Is that true?