equal or placidus house system???

Hahahahah :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :sun::virgo: 1st and :mars::scorpio: 3rd concise and accurate thought hahahaha :wink:
so here's another analogy---
Houses: angular houses 1/7 4/10 the energies of planets placed here are obvious cos it's your 'shop window' visible for everyone to see. Next the succeedent houses 2/8 & 5/11 the energies in these houses are not in shop window the are in the shop, but stood behind the counter, ready to come out when needed. Lastly, cadent houses 6/12 & 3/9 these houses/planets are not in shop window or stood behind the counter, they are in the back storeroom and only come out when 'triggered' or an emergency and much harder to recognise and access...

The houses are like the backdrop of a stage, the setting if you like, the planets are like actors and the aspects are how the planets behave in that settings/stage....

“The angles of the chart are the strongest, most potent sectors. In most house systems these mark the beginnings of the first, tenth, seventh and fourth houses, in order of potency. Any planet in conjunction with an angle will have a marked influence that resonates throughout the chart and greatly colours its overall meaning. Planets located in the angles of the chart are the strongest and most significant. Because of their primary importance, the angles are often referred to as the cardinal points and they relate directly to the cardinal directions east, south, west and north.”
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

“The eleventh, second, eighth and fifth houses are called succedent ("following" the angles), while the third, twelfth, ninth and sixth are termed cadent ("falling away" from the angles). The succedents are next in strength. Planets in succedent houses function at around 50% of their power, based on the strength of an angular placement, which is the most potent. The cadent houses are traditionally held to be poor and of little efficacy. According to traditional astrology, planets in cadent houses only function at 25% of their power, compared with a position in one of the angles of the chart.”
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

[deleted overly long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

BobZemco

I understand what you mean, but sometimes the change in house system can put a planet closer to the cusp, resulting in that planet counting in the other house.

Claire19 said:
I think whole house is a good system and I would watch for transits and progressions and see what affects what house.

eternalautumn said:
Right. And, it's not like there are actual lines in the sky marking the houses, and we just haven't found the right set yet. It's all "imaginary", and things can be fuzzy.

The reason I use Placidus, is because a few years ago an event occurred precisely when transiting Saturn was conjunct the MC.

When I say precisely, I mean the event occurred at 3:26 pm and transiting Saturn was conjunct the MC down to the second of arc. A few minutes later, the transiting Moon made a precise opposition to natal Mars down to the second of arc.

You wouldn't see that with Equal or Whole Sign houses. Worse still, Equal and Whole Sign put Pluto in the 11th instead of the 10th co-ruling my Ascendant, and even worse than that, Jupiter is in the 5th, instead of being in the 4th House (conjunct the Moon).

Jupiter is the Great Preserver. I've been in 7 totaled vehicles with only superficial injuries, crash landed in a potato field, a corn field, the Baltic Sea, on a runway (on fire), and went sledding through the Harz Mountains in a CH-47D Chinook (no, they don't make good sleds), was in an M113 that rolled, a CFV that rolled, a Humvee that rolled, been shot at, fell out of a helicopter, thrown off of a causeway, and that ain't even the half of it. That ain't luck, it's Jupiter (in Pisces) in the 4th.

It would also put my Node Node in the 10th House, which is wrong. It belongs in the 9th.

Uranus at 28 Leo (intercepted in the 9th) works in both the 9th and 10th.

The other thing is that through progression, intercepted signs become un-intercepted, and those are key points in your life, just as duplicate signs fade through progression.

Anyway, I hate to criticize something I know nothing about, like Whole Sign chart interpretation, but I just don't think I'm ever going to be persuaded to use it.

Bob,
The reason I use Placidus, is because a few years ago an event occurred precisely when transiting Saturn was conjunct the MC.
I don't see your reasoning justifying Placidus cos you are talking about MC (outer events) and MC is MC in ANY house system.

But planets in different houses and transits to them to justify where that planet reacts and is placed and to me that's all that counts that people can *identify* with their planets in the correct houses. Problem is it takes a LOT of self analysis does astrology and people can't always be bothered to put the time and effort in

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Anyway, I hate to criticize something I know nothing about, like Whole Sign chart interpretation, but I just don't think I'm ever going to be persuaded to use it.

As Astrologer50 said, the angles are a very sensitive point in astrology
and even when you use whole house you are not denying those angle's at all.

beatnikgirl

Regarding which house system works best I really starting to see that it depends on how evolved the individual is emotionally intuitively and spiritually.
I read somewhere that chidrens charts fit equal house and as we get older get emotional baggage and less flexible we grow into more complex house system often Placidus or Koch. Whole house is probably felt more by those who work more at intergrating conflicting energies.
I you want to see which works best for you I would look at which planets move and how they best fit your personality and circumstances.
In this case Uranus Moves from 3rd to 4th
So do you find you have Uranian traits involving the way you communicate, things you study your education, or pehaps a Uranian archetypal Sibling.
If it in the 4th I'd be looking if you had and unusual upbringing, Uranian like mother, or an unusual home, set up, with it been in sag this my possibly have involved lots of travel or hey you could have been brought up away from cultural home or a religious home, Ashram/Vicarage/Convent?
I'd love to know if any of that fits your experience.

asteroid

Regarding which house system works best I really starting to see that it depends on how evolved the individual is emotionally intuitively and spiritually.
I read somewhere that chidrens charts fit equal house and as we get older get emotional baggage and less flexible we grow into more complex house system often Placidus or Koch. Whole house is probably felt more by those who work more at intergrating conflicting energies.
I you want to see which works best for you I would look at which planets move and how they best fit your personality and circumstances.
In this case Uranus Moves from 3rd to 4th
So do you find you have Uranian traits involving the way you communicate, things you study your education, or pehaps a Uranian archetypal Sibling.
If it in the 4th I'd be looking if you had and unusual upbringing, Uranian like mother, or an unusual home, set up, with it been in sag this my possibly have involved lots of travel or hey you could have been brought up away from cultural home or a religious home, Ashram/Vicarage/Convent?
I'd love to know if any of that fits your experience.

Thank u !!!!:happy:

Both could work!! According to 3rd i had a quick mind but i prefered to leave all my work to do it in the last moment ( i still do this )Although i have no siblings i have close friends feeling them like siblings.

According to 4th i my erly age i had an unstable life with parents spliting all the time and moving from one house to another. I had many ralatives, neighboors, family friends looking after me!! Imagine, i received more love from all those people than from my mom!!!

Thank u !!!!:happy:

Both could work!! According to 3rd i had a quick mind but i prefered to leave all my work to do it in the last moment ( i still do this )Although i have no siblings i have close friends feeling them like siblings.

According to 4th i my erly age i had an unstable life with parents spliting all the time and moving from one house to another. I had many ralatives, neighboors, family friends looking after me!! Imagine, i received more love from all those people than from my mom!!!

This is SO typical of uranuc conj IC and a Uranus is square to venus (divorce aspect) and trine to moon this suggests you get on much easier with mother than father

3rd House - cadent house
· Humanity and social idealism will be prominent both in thought and discussions.
· They will have an unusual intuitive mind. Unconventional ones, will need mental stimulation and ­education for advancement. Interrupted early education quite possible
· Odd siblings. Unusual car.
· Great mental restlessness. Keen and alert mind but lacking in concentration.
· Sudden and unexpected urges to travel may keep this individual on the move.
· Upsets where brothers and sisters are concerned.
· Apt to feel bit like an alien in his home environment. Upsets in home life in growing up years can cause suffering especially if Uranus is afflicted.
· Dare to challenge existing educational and community facilities and policies. Welcome the collapse of outdated ideas rather than becoming a victim of them.

4th House – Angular house
· They could have experienced an unusual home life or upbringing, or live in an unusual house.
· Close friends may be accepted as part of the family.
· Sudden changes of residence and many changes in family life.
· Your parents will not have a binding effect.
· Not a domestic type and may not want a fixed and settled home life unless Uranus in a fixed sign.
· Unsettled conditions around mother may effect this individual emotionally. Restlessness in the roots of being can cause unstable conditions in life.
· Could collect unusual things, like porcelain pigs

regarding father Saturn conj pluto is hard taskmaster

:saturn::conjunct::pluto:
"shows amazing reserves of tenacity and self-discipline. Be careful that it doesn't result in too much self-denial and severity. The combination offers great strength of will and an inclination to dig hard and deep into your interests. Once your mind is committed, you are capable of incredible resolve. This gives you a talent for succesfully performing difficult work under tiring circumstances."
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/saturnaspects.html#sacpl

"You have a highly-developed sense of responsibility. You rarely blame others for the circumstances of your life. You know that to place blame outside of yourself only serves to diminish your own power to alter those situations that call for drastic change. Self discipline and endurance are traits that you will continue to perfect throughout life. It's easy for you to become compulsive about your ambitions once a decision is made. This can take you far, but try to alleviate some of the self-imposed pressure by taking the time to experience the lighter side of life whenever possible."
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectssaturn.htm#nasatasppl

Neptune in 4th can be doubts about roots, skeletons in closet and feeling that your parents didn't have a binding effect on sound familiar?

Claire19

I appreciate your advice!! Thank you!!!

I will keep an eye on both systems and i will try koch and regiomantus as well
I use a few but for me Equal and Placidus are really the same in my own chart so I am fortunate in that way.....the transits and progressions in the various houses and hitting your planets will give you a better idea of what is valid for you. I dont like the skewed houses that those near the polar regions can have with small and large houses but that is probably my Libran planets wanting balance and evenness.

The question of which house system to use is a vexed one and really the house rulers change with the various ones and can make a big difference.
It will just take experience and practise for you to find the right one for you.

When a planet falls on a cusp of a house I feel that it relates to both houses and the aspects will tie it in elsewhere. Good luck with this one.

asteroid

When a planet falls on a cusp of a house I feel that it relates to both houses and the aspects will tie it in elsewhere. Good luck with this one.[/QUOTE]

That is a very good information i needed!! Thank u!!!

Well i notice in other individual's charts that placidus house system make some of their houses extremly big ans some other too small!!! is that fair??? i find it totally misleading!!!