Why Does VoC Moon Mean 'Status Quo' and not Imminent Change?

Draco

Hi all,

I have been puzzling over this question for a while now. I am wondering why it is exactly, that a VoC Moon, should symbolise, 'status quo', or that things will remain as they are with little or no change, when in fact, symbolically, because a VoC Moon is usually approaching the end of it's sign and close to entering another, then should it not show a change? The end of one phase and the start of another.

Do you see where I am coming from? I don't understand the symbolism.

Draco :wink:

pwadm

Staff member
This is indeed a debatable topic.

First let's remind that the Moon is considered void of course when it has no further aspects in its current sign, at whichever degree it might be (5 or 25 of any sign). Another definition (maybe obsolete) refers to no applying aspects whatsoever regardless sign bounderies. Both these definitions refer primarily to Moon's aspects. But the first one, accepted by the mainstream astrologers, considers the sign bounderies as the place of change.

How about the parallel between the Moon void of course and a retired person? It's like the Moon is way too tired of its work in its current sign and retires in the void to rest and meditate.

fensi88

I am wondering why it is exactly, that a VoC Moon, should symbolise, 'status quo', or that things will remain as they are with little or no change, when in fact, symbolically, because a VoC Moon is usually approaching the end of it's sign and close to entering another, then should it not show a change?

Draco, I know what are you thinking. I have resently chart with Moon at 29:35 VOC! And I am really worry that the things might change, althought I said that they will not. Luckly Moon was in fix sign and peregrine and I hope it will not be change. It is chart about my daughter, so I'll know if it will change or not, and tell you.