chuckles

Can someone read my solar return chart please
I want to know if it is a good year to buy property during travel

natal:
natal chart 2019.jpg

sr chart:
solar return 2019.jpg

waybread

It doesn't seem like it to me. Are you thinking of buying a vacation property?

If so, I hope you are aware of many more realistic issues than your solar return.

Basically I am looking at natal Neptune in your 9th house of travel squaring Venus-Chiron, with a wide Venus-Neptune square in your SR chart. Are you a very idealistic person, who possibly has trouble with cold, hard facts?

chuckles

It doesn't seem like it to me. Are you thinking of buying a vacation property?

If so, I hope you are aware of many more realistic issues than your solar return.

Basically I am looking at natal Neptune in your 9th house of travel squaring Venus-Chiron, with a wide Venus-Neptune square in your SR chart. Are you a very idealistic person, who possibly has trouble with cold, hard facts?

No I'm not idealistic at all. I'm not very emotional and I almost never fantasize anything, so that shouldn't be an issue.
I'm actually pretty excited for the upcoming year, can you see what themes are highlighted in my solar return? The good and the bad?

ElenaJ

Remember that SR or progressed charts cannot fulfil anything that the natal does not contain. If your natal shows no artistic talent, for example, even a creative SR chart won't deliver talent.
You don't mention what type of property, whether to live there, vacation or just invest.
And the phrase "during travel" doesn't give much information. The assumption is "abroad", that is out of your natal country, but if you are Canadian you could travel quite a bit and still be in your home country.
So, in the natal you have that dreamy pisces moon trine sun in scorpio, which may be why waybread asked if you are realistic.
You also have mercury conjunct pluto, square mars, and that explains your reply, because this is very analytical and active, a quick mind, you are a very intelligent person.
The mercury/pluto configuration is in sagittarius, the traveller's sign, and ruled by Jupiter in the 9th of foreign places, which is also trine mars in the 5th of children, love affairs but also speculation.
However, your 9th is ruled by Saturn, located in the 11th but close to the 12th cusp, and conjunct the south moon's node. Saturn trines pluto and widely trines mercury.
It looks like you may have had a past life in another country, and that is what is calling you on, reliving past experiences that you feel familiar with, and the trine makes it easy to achieve.
Sun is ruler of your 4th of homes, and makes several easy positive aspects, trine moon/sextile Neptune/semi-sextile Venus.
However, it doesn't seem to link up with the 9th house or the activity around that house. Which would indicate that a house abroad may not be realisable for you.
Conjunct the 7th cusp, you might live in your partner's house.
In the SR the sun in ascendent shows it will be a year in which you concentrate on putting yourself forward. Moon conjunct the MH and in virgo, the sign of work, will lead you to develop your career.
The SR 4th rulers are Neptune and Jupiter. Neptune is in the 4th, making no aspects and receiving none. Jupiter in your 2nd of money is exactly in aspect with the sun on ascendent. Sun covers almost all of the 9th SR house. So this may be what is drawing you towards a house purchase, while travelling, but "abroad", i.e. out of your own country.
Returning for a minute to the natal, the sun/moon midpoint, very important indicator of marriage and partners, is exactly conjunct natal Neptune. Neptune is also square the natal Venus/chiron conjunction, and Venus not only rules love and affection but also your ascendent, so you will tend to lean towards some type of sacrificial partnership or a partner in some way that induces pity in you, someone you need to help.
Neptune conjunct moon/sun midpoint could indicate a divorce, or given Neptune's position in the 9th it could indicate a foreign spouse.
You should try to find a positive expression of Neptune's energy when you marry, to keep things positive. Another way to manifest this would be to marry someone religious, or to marry someone with heavy Neptune/pisces qualities, which could be sun or moon, or ascendent, etc.
The moon trine sun promises you will easily be in agreement with your spouse.
So, is this a good year to buy while travelling? It is a year in which you will want to do so.
Is this a good idea in general for you? This is the collateral question that I've tried to answer above.
Hope this helps you decide.

chuckles

Remember that SR or progressed charts cannot fulfil anything that the natal does not contain. If your natal shows no artistic talent, for example, even a creative SR chart won't deliver talent.
You don't mention what type of property, whether to live there, vacation or just invest.
And the phrase "during travel" doesn't give much information. The assumption is "abroad", that is out of your natal country, but if you are Canadian you could travel quite a bit and still be in your home country.
So, in the natal you have that dreamy pisces moon trine sun in scorpio, which may be why waybread asked if you are realistic.
You also have mercury conjunct pluto, square mars, and that explains your reply, because this is very analytical and active, a quick mind, you are a very intelligent person.
The mercury/pluto configuration is in sagittarius, the traveller's sign, and ruled by Jupiter in the 9th of foreign places, which is also trine mars in the 5th of children, love affairs but also speculation.
However, your 9th is ruled by Saturn, located in the 11th but close to the 12th cusp, and conjunct the south moon's node. Saturn trines pluto and widely trines mercury.
It looks like you may have had a past life in another country, and that is what is calling you on, reliving past experiences that you feel familiar with, and the trine makes it easy to achieve.
Sun is ruler of your 4th of homes, and makes several easy positive aspects, trine moon/sextile Neptune/semi-sextile Venus.
However, it doesn't seem to link up with the 9th house or the activity around that house. Which would indicate that a house abroad may not be realisable for you.
Conjunct the 7th cusp, you might live in your partner's house.
In the SR the sun in ascendent shows it will be a year in which you concentrate on putting yourself forward. Moon conjunct the MH and in virgo, the sign of work, will lead you to develop your career.
The SR 4th rulers are Neptune and Jupiter. Neptune is in the 4th, making no aspects and receiving none. Jupiter in your 2nd of money is exactly in aspect with the sun on ascendent. Sun covers almost all of the 9th SR house. So this may be what is drawing you towards a house purchase, while travelling, but "abroad", i.e. out of your own country.
Returning for a minute to the natal, the sun/moon midpoint, very important indicator of marriage and partners, is exactly conjunct natal Neptune. Neptune is also square the natal Venus/chiron conjunction, and Venus not only rules love and affection but also your ascendent, so you will tend to lean towards some type of sacrificial partnership or a partner in some way that induces pity in you, someone you need to help.
Neptune conjunct moon/sun midpoint could indicate a divorce, or given Neptune's position in the 9th it could indicate a foreign spouse.
You should try to find a positive expression of Neptune's energy when you marry, to keep things positive. Another way to manifest this would be to marry someone religious, or to marry someone with heavy Neptune/pisces qualities, which could be sun or moon, or ascendent, etc.
The moon trine sun promises you will easily be in agreement with your spouse.
So, is this a good year to buy while travelling? It is a year in which you will want to do so.
Is this a good idea in general for you? This is the collateral question that I've tried to answer above.
Hope this helps you decide.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I will be going abroad, I wanted to purchase property because some of them, especially around this time of year, are greatly below market price. I'm still leaning towards purchasing, but I will have to go there and see if it will benefit me long term.

I wouldn't say that I'm "attracted" to sacrificial partnerships, but if I feel really sympathetic towards a man who really wants companionship, I might give in, lol.

Question about midpoints: I'm still learning all the midpoints, but there's not much info about them online. Where did you learn about them?

If you have time, can you tell me more about the 2nd house stellium in my SR?

waybread

Chuckles, it's your life and your finances, but just a few things I personally would look at if the property is to be more than some kind of investment; and even so. As ElenaJ noted, a solar return chart has its limits. It's a snapshot of the year, based on your birthday whereas unless you're flipping real estate, your purchase would be for a longer duration. A solar return can miss important transits that occur in the months prior to your next birthday.

Possibly your Venus-Neptune pair expresses itself artistically or in some other fashion, but it often appears in the charts of idealistic romantics.

I've been involved in buying/selling something like 13 properties over the years, in the U. S. and Canada. My personal concerns would be:

1. The country's laws concerning foreigners' property ownership.

2. What rights, if any, would you have in that country in terms of entry and length of stay?

Just for example, some German acquaintances of ours bought a property near us in Canada, and put a massive amount of money into it. Their stays are normally limited to a 6th month tourist visa per year. However, a few years ago they ran into trouble at the Canadian border while innocently (so they thought) bringing goods to Canada from the United States. The husband's visa got suspended and he had to return to Germany immediately.

This question would also affect something like Brexit and British purchases in Spain; or tropical countries with idyllic beaches but political unrest.

3. Expenses besides the purchase price: closing fees, taxes, insurance, utilities, wages of service/repair people, and possibly condominium or home owners' association fees.

4, Time shares are notorious problems.

5. How often would you actually use this property? Is there a time/money issue in traveling to and from there and spending time there?

6.If you plan to rent it, this gets you into further issues of landlord and tenants rights. I've been a long-distance landlady, and I don't recommend it. If people are in arrears on their rent or trash the place, it's very hard to rectify problems from a distance. Would you need to use the services of a property management company? What services do they provide and what do they charge? How would you handle the billing for, say, a plumber or electrician?

7. What happens to your income tax with rental income? Will your home country allow deductables for overseas rental property expenses?

8. If you are considering an area where property can be picked up cheaply, and under the market value of a few years ago-- does this mean that property in the area is depreciating? If so, what happens to your investment should you need to sell? Spring/summer are usually peak real estate transaction times, and you might find a desperate seller in fall/winter interested in a short sale in an otherwise stable real estate market, but you'd want to look into this.

9. For a rural property without clearly established boundary lines, I'd want a survey and a heck of a good title search. (The voice of experience.)

10. For a condominium, you need to check on the HOA's or developer's balance against future repairs. If the roof needs fixing, is the property owner's/owners' emergency and routine maintenance fund solvent enough to cover it?

Good luck with this-- from someone with Jupiter in hard-headed Capricorn in the 4th house.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Heed Waybread's words carefully, they are worth gold!

About the midpoints, there is a lot of material on the internet on this.
They are an additional information, sensitive points, that can give more insight into the energies of a chart, but you should have a good understanding of the basics first.

chuckles

Chuckles, it's your life and your finances, but just a few things I personally would look at if the property is to be more than some kind of investment; and even so. As ElenaJ noted, a solar return chart has its limits. It's a snapshot of the year, based on your birthday whereas unless you're flipping real estate, your purchase would be for a longer duration. A solar return can miss important transits that occur in the months prior to your next birthday.

Possibly your Venus-Neptune pair expresses itself artistically or in some other fashion, but it often appears in the charts of idealistic romantics.

I've been involved in buying/selling something like 13 properties over the years, in the U. S. and Canada. My personal concerns would be:

1. The country's laws concerning foreigners' property ownership.

2. What rights, if any, would you have in that country in terms of entry and length of stay?

Just for example, some German acquaintances of ours bought a property near us in Canada, and put a massive amount of money into it. Their stays are normally limited to a 6th month tourist visa per year. However, a few years ago they ran into trouble at the Canadian border while innocently (so they thought) bringing goods to Canada from the United States. The husband's visa got suspended and he had to return to Germany immediately.

This question would also affect something like Brexit and British purchases in Spain; or tropical countries with idyllic beaches but political unrest.

3. Expenses besides the purchase price: closing fees, taxes, insurance, utilities, wages of service/repair people, and possibly condominium or home owners' association fees.

4, Time shares are notorious problems.

5. How often would you actually use this property? Is there a time/money issue in traveling to and from there and spending time there?

6.If you plan to rent it, this gets you into further issues of landlord and tenants rights. I've been a long-distance landlady, and I don't recommend it. If people are in arrears on their rent or trash the place, it's very hard to rectify problems from a distance. Would you need to use the services of a property management company? What services do they provide and what do they charge? How would you handle the billing for, say, a plumber or electrician?

7. What happens to your income tax with rental income? Will your home country allow deductables for overseas rental property expenses?

8. If you are considering an area where property can be picked up cheaply, and under the market value of a few years ago-- does this mean that property in the area is depreciating? If so, what happens to your investment should you need to sell? Spring/summer are usually peak real estate transaction times, and you might find a desperate seller in fall/winter interested in a short sale in an otherwise stable real estate market, but you'd want to look into this.

9. For a rural property without clearly established boundary lines, I'd want a survey and a heck of a good title search. (The voice of experience.)

10. For a condominium, you need to check on the HOA's or developer's balance against future repairs. If the roof needs fixing, is the property owner's/owners' emergency and routine maintenance fund solvent enough to cover it?

Good luck with this-- from someone with Jupiter in hard-headed Capricorn in the 4th house.

You raise some very good points. I searched more online, and for someone who is not a US citizen, there is quite a lot of forms to fill which I will not be doing any time soon.
Thanks!