No such thing as a bad chart?

Hkk

Account Closed
There isn't such thing as a bad chart as every single one is a sacred snapshot of the universe at a particular point in time. Who are we to decide what's bad and what's good about someone else's chart?

Besides, natal charts shouldn't be used as tools of prediction as the archetypes of each planet and house can play out in any number of ways in an individual's life. You can gauge the general theme of a person's life, but to determine that some specific thing is what they're doomed or destined to have is not ever your call or anyone else's to make.

I see charts as clues to unlocking your unique potential within. It's your own personal energetic signature.

I agree with this. Your chart is what you make of it. There is free will.

david starling

When it comes to dealing with our Saturn-driven economic system, some Charts are less functional than others. Some Charts are more inclined towards mental and physical health problems than others. Does that make them "bad Charts"?

Last edited:

david starling

I just think giving someone a negative spiritual diagnosis is equivalent to giving them a curse. You can carefully nest it however you like but I guarantee if you actually say the chart is bad amidst all the reasoned, labored advice you give them, most people will only remember you said they have a bad chart.

I always emphasize the postives, but I also give what advice I can to solve problems like Squares, Oppositions, and troublesome transits--challenges and how best to deal with them.

JUPITERASC

I just think giving someone a negative spiritual diagnosis
is equivalent to giving them a curse.
You can carefully nest it however you like but
I guarantee if you actually say the chart is bad
amidst all the reasoned, labored advice you give them, most people
will only remember you said they have a bad chart.
When it comes to dealing with our Saturn-driven economic system,
some Charts are less functional than others.
Some Charts are more inclined towards
mental and physical health problems than others.
Does that make them "bad Charts"?
I always emphasize the postives, but
I also give what advice I can to solve problems like Squares, Oppositions, and troublesome transits
--challenges and how best to deal with them.
I agree with this. Your chart is what you make of it.
There is free will.
No such thing as a bad chart? :smile:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

https://birthcharts.astro-seek.com/birth-chart/john-wayne-gacy-horoscope

JUPITERASC

JupiterAsc, i think you’ve posted the skeptic debunking astrology who sent this chart to a few Moderns (if memory serves) before.
I’m curious to know what you as a traditionalist see in the chart?
Also curious what you think could have been done with that information .. by telling him, his parents, or law enforcement?
Thread title = No such thing as a bad chart? :smile:
good question

greybeard

No such thing as a bad chart? Ho, ho, ho. That's a good one.

We have free will. Watch out! You almost got hit by that flying pig.

Are we compelled (not impelled) to make choices daily? Absolutely. Do those choices appear to be made of our own volition? Yes, they do. But there is the rub -- Appearance. There is always the possibility, nay the likelihood, of "prior cause", some prior conditioning that causes us to choose one thing over another without our awareness, all the while thinking our choice is an exercise of free will.

The woman, now 35, was a patient in a hospital at age 12. She was raped by an orderly. The trauma was so overwhelming that her mind buried all traces of the incident beyond memory, deep.

Do you mean to tell me that that buried pain did not affect every aspect of her life for those 23 years it lay unseen? Yet all of the choices and actions emerging from the buried feelings appeared to be the outcome of free will. Appearances can be deceiving.

Last edited:

greybeard

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

The solution I offered was consciousness, and a flood of pain. Catharsis now is possible. But any solution is within her and her alone. And will take a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

david starling

Those with "good" charts can make terrible choices that ruin their own lives and the lives of others. Those with "bad" charts can make good choices and lead good lives while helping others to lead good lives. There are no guarantees.

SunnyTerra

IDK. There are definitely negative placements. But seeing a chart as a whole and picking and choosing what positives there are to work with is the challenge.

JUPITERASC

No such thing as a bad chart? Ho, ho, ho. That's a good one.
We have free will. Watch out! You almost got hit by that flying pig.

Are we compelled (not impelled) to make choices daily? Absolutely.
Do those choices appear to be made of our own volition? Yes, they do.
But there is the rub -- Appearance.
There is always the possibility, nay the likelihood, of "prior cause",
some prior conditioning that causes us to choose one thing over another
without our awareness, all the while thinking
our choice is an exercise of free will.

The woman, now 35, was a patient in a hospital at age 12. She was raped by an orderly. The trauma was so overwhelming that her mind buried all traces of the incident beyond memory, deep.

Do you mean to tell me that that buried pain did not affect every aspect of her life for those 23 years it lay unseen? Yet all of the choices and actions emerging from the buried feelings appeared to be the outcome of free will. Appearances can be deceiving.
as proven by the following :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

greybeard

We do not control our lives.
We insist that we have free will because free will implies control over our lives. To think that we do not have control is unthinkable; it is terrifying.

But free will is an illusion.

Knowing this to be so, I then act as if I have free will.

Even so, I often see that my free will is controlled by unconscious forces, and is not free.

Every horoscope has a 12th house. It is the house of "repressed content", of "self-defeating acts", of "bondage". We are in bondage to our repressed (unconscious) content, and this causes us to act in ways contrary to our own good...will notwithstanding.

SunnyTerra

e
Ok, fine. Say there’s no free will. Then what, exactly, is the point of astrology? Of bringing anything unconscious to consciousness?
h

I don't want to imply that there is absolutely no free will in life. But I've known so many Moon square Venus people in my life. I seem to attract them though I don't have this placement myself. And I watch them make the same relationship mistakes over and over again, so it makes me believe their free will is continually directing them into relationships that will prove emotionally unsatisfying while they blame the other person and consider themselves martyrs to the situation. So the point of astrology is to see where these pitfalls lie and do something about it.