Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5976  
Unread 09-09-2019, 11:38 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,700
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
When the British media tried to embarrass Prince Harry and Megan Markle with their carbon footprint, we were called racist by the American press
Not seeing the connection. How was race involved?

Reply With Quote
  #5977  
Unread 09-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Not seeing the connection. How was race involved?
Thatís what is bizarre about it but Megan Markleís team think she is being hounded by the media because she is coloured and the carbon footprint issues are just an excuse. I think it shows the ignorance of the upper class more than it does anything else because they expect Megan to live a celebrity lifestyle like they do, but Meganís lifestyle is funded by the British public. Itís very frustrating.

Itís like that famous psychology experiment set in prison where the group of volunteers assigned to be prison guards became authoritarian very quickly and lost empathy for the prisoner group.

Iíve seen real life examples of this happening too. Thereís a place you can go to for free government advice in the UK for a variety of reasons but the people working for this business have started to see the people on the other side as unsafe due to impatient customers and the customers have started to see the people there to offer them advice as unhelpful.

So itís human condition to not have empathy for the opposing side. I certainly donít have empathy for people who have a large carbon footprint and I would like to think if I was rich, I would still be environmentally friendly, but would I?

Itís examples such as these that just exasperate me about society because we become hypocritical and ignorant without realising it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-09-2019)
  #5978  
Unread 09-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Thatís what is bizarre about it but Megan Markleís team think she is being hounded by the media because she is coloured and the carbon footprint issues are just an excuse. I think it shows the ignorance of the upper class more than it does anything else because they expect Megan to live a celebrity lifestyle like they do, but Meganís lifestyle is funded by the British public. Itís very frustrating.

Itís like that famous psychology experiment set in prison where the group of volunteers assigned to be prison guards became authoritarian very quickly and lost empathy for the prisoner group.

Iíve seen real life examples of this happening too. Thereís a place you can go to for free government advice in the UK for a variety of reasons but the people working for this business have started to see the people on the other side as unsafe due to impatient customers and the customers have started to see the people there to offer them advice as unhelpful.

So itís human condition to not have empathy for the opposing side. I certainly donít have empathy for people who have a large carbon footprint and I would like to think if I was rich, I would still be environmentally friendly, but would I?

Itís examples such as these that just exasperate me about society because we become hypocritical and ignorant without realising it.
Megan markle is not Ďcolouredí

Wills and Kate have private jets and it wasnít pointed out to them what they were doing was wrong.
America is more liberal and thatís a fact.....
Coloured ......so wrong
Reply With Quote
  #5979  
Unread 09-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Megan markle is not Ďcolouredí

Wills and Kate have private jets and it wasnít pointed out to them what they were doing was wrong.
America is more liberal and thatís a fact.....
Coloured ......so wrong
Why is saying coloured Ďso wrong?í and why are we talking about the colour of her skin and not her actions?
Reply With Quote
  #5980  
Unread 09-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Why is saying coloured Ďso wrong?í and why are we talking about the colour of her skin and not her actions?
Coloured is offensive and we are not talking about her skin. You did that by using the word coloured . Sheís not pink or green.
Reply With Quote
  #5981  
Unread 09-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Why is saying coloured Ďso wrong?í and why are we talking about the colour of her skin and not her actions?
https://www.rifemagazine.co.uk/2015/01/cant-say-coloured-questions-race-answered/
Reply With Quote
  #5982  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Coloured is offensive and we are not talking about her skin. You did that by using the word coloured . Sheís not pink or green.
Why donít you reply to the actual post I wrote to you? I donít think using the incorrect terminology is racist if the intent was not there, youíre accusing me of being racist. I hate that ****.
Reply With Quote
  #5983  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Itís the same behaviour as in your Ďchatter and natterí post you told kshantaram that Vedic was such and such and he was actually quite heir by what you said, but you didnít even reply after that. And now youíre calling me racist when your own ignorance offended somebody and you didnít acknowledge it.

Throwing accusations around is quite stupid.

**** off with your hypocrisy.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 09-09-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5984  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Itís the same behaviour as in your Ďchatter and natterí post you told kshantaram that Vedic was such and such and he was actually quite heir by what you said, but you didnít even reply after that. And now youíre calling me racist when your own ignorance offended somebody and you didnít acknowledge it.

Throwing accusations around is quite stupid. It reminds me of a new poster who said she was going to ignore me for being rude to sonnets in a conversation she wasnít even involved with, even though the week before she was arguing with somebody on my thread.

**** off with your hypocrisy.
You can throw your toys out the pram all you want. This behaviour doesnít wash with me. I wonít reply to your accusations of a previous thread due to the fact you are manipulating the situation. Read my thread chatter natter properly for all acknowledgement replies. Properly!
I canít see anywhere in my posts to you accusing you of been racist? Iím pointing out that the word coloured is offensive. You may be ignorant of this and so Iím educating you. Why you bringing other things into it? Thatís not good at all
Reply With Quote
  #5985  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

No need to swear at me. Now that is rude
Reply With Quote
  #5986  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Didnít you just bring other things into the discussion about my conversation about the media, was that not manipulative to accuse me of being racist, could you not have worded it better? So Iím racist and manipulative lol
Reply With Quote
  #5987  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
No need to swear at me. Now that is rude
It was me exasperated. I think swearing is kind of casual and honest, unless used violently. The same way saying someone is coloured is not racist. Itís the intent. Plus, I like thinks to stick to what we are actually discussing and now itís changed course, I donít like going off topic because itís a completely different discussion and I have to start again.
Reply With Quote
  #5988  
Unread 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Didnít you just bring other things into the discussion about my conversation about the media, was that not manipulative to accuse me of being racist, could you not have worded it better? So Iím racist and manipulative lol
Megan Markle is not coloured. Worded it better? No i wasnít being manipulative. I found it offensive. Didnít accuse you of being racist. You say it wasnít intentional which is fair enough but I wonít sit here and ignore something that I find offensive. Flying off the handle and swearing is unacceptable when someone is telling you what you said is not right. How about stop and think and then reply without it being about you and protecting yourself. Healthy boundaries is key. Healthy boundaries where we both listen to each other and no one swears and flys off the handle bringing others into the conversation. Itís not hard when you learn to do it with practice.

I wonít let anyone turn things around on me let alone you! I know right from wrong. If Iím offended then Iím offended. No words or accusations and emotional manipulation from you is going to change the facts. Just remember that anytime you have a discussion with anyone. It will help you in life
Reply With Quote
  #5989  
Unread 09-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
https://www.rifemagazine.co.uk/2015/01/cant-say-coloured-questions-race-answered/
Ok I read the article and it makes sense that saying coloured means non-white. I think Iíve even heard of before how saying coloured is technically not correct and you should focus on the ethnicity like ĎAfricaan.í But Iíve never heard of the phrase ĎBAMEí before so even the correct terminology is never used.

Plus when Iím around Ďcolouredí people, I donít have an issue with what terminology to use.

I think my anger to you came from our conversation going off-topic to having to defend my character, and I pointed out a recent example of me believing you had acted insensitively (and you didnít even apologise) and it wasnít manipulative to mention that because I genuinely recently thought you were rude and insensitive to Kshantaram.

So yeah, I was talking about the media and I wasnít being negative towards coloured people (I still canít think of another general term to use) and now here I am having to defend my character when it was initially quite an innocent discussion about wealth and the environment.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 09-09-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5990  
Unread 09-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Megan Markle is not coloured. Worded it better? No i wasnít being manipulative. I found it offensive. Didnít accuse you of being racist. You say it wasnít intentional which is fair enough but I wonít sit here and ignore something that I find offensive. Flying off the handle and swearing is unacceptable when someone is telling you what you said is not right. How about stop and think and then reply without it being about you and protecting yourself. Healthy boundaries is key. Healthy boundaries where we both listen to each other and no one swears and flys off the handle bringing others into the conversation. Itís not hard when you learn to do it with practice.

I wonít let anyone turn things around on me let alone you! I know right from wrong. If Iím offended then Iím offended. No words or accusations and emotional manipulation from you is going to change the facts. Just remember that anytime you have a discussion with anyone. It will help you in life
You talk to me about emotional manipulation and accusations when thatís exactly what youíre doing to me by using such strong words?

If you think I canít pick up on the anger and resentment youíre projecting at me you are very wrong, itís potent.
Reply With Quote
  #5991  
Unread 09-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You talk to me about emotional manipulation and accusations when thatís exactly what youíre doing to me by using such strong words?

If you think I canít pick up on the anger and resentment youíre projecting at me you are very wrong, itís potent.
Defend your character all you want no ones attacking you!
I will repeat myself again. I did not like the word colours and you went flying off that handle again to protect yourself when you were not being attacked. Volatile.

The other thread u keep mentioning I did reply to it.

Anyway you carry on with your subject on Megan Markle. Your just someone who is not ready to understand or learn from others. You just want to protect yourself from.... thin air. Like a crab
Reply With Quote
  #5992  
Unread 09-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,320
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Well unfortunately a perfectly nice discussion was veered off course so itís finished now. Iím going to make a cup of tea and forget it.
Reply With Quote
  #5993  
Unread 09-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,541
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Why do you say putting it off? Are you actually interested in the genre?
Not really, but it's a video from a knowledge channel I subscribe to, and I just like to learn some new thing
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-09-2019)
  #5994  
Unread 09-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,541
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Do you think he seems happy? The video kind of made him look a bit lonely although he did say he doesnít like groups. Although heís stayed in a cruise ship around loads of people, kind of like his work environment probably was like. But yeah,he probably is really happy, I would be.
OK UK, I've just finished watching that video. Something looks really odd about the entire thing, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Like, I can sense as if the guy is hiding something. The guy looks and sounds really spaced out, like a typical Pisces (especially when he said something about not having to pick up the garbage). At one point something really sounds suspicious to me: he talked about his day working at a corporate job. He said he was quite satisfied with his job. And then he said he was unsure about his life in that ship then things just worked themselves out. And why the need to emphasize on how happy he is all the time? Everything just looks like a bad case of denial to me.



I wonder if the title of that video is some sort of irony. Worst case scenario, this could be a misplaced faith. He thought his life would be happier if he started his ship business, and now he realized that he should just have stayed in the job, but because there is no way to back out he has to pretend that he made the best decision ever.


Quote:
Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
You've just touched on my Gemini struggle. I'm still not quite sure if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. It's like a twin sharing one body, the cheerful twin likes to talk to as many people possible, and the other twin just wants to be alone. I can thrive in some social settings, but others just leave me drained, and I have no idea why. Idk, it may have something to do with how much I can talk. If I sense that I can't connect well enough, then I just shut down. I also have Merc/Saturn square so Saturn could also be involved here.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #5995  
Unread 09-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,541
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I was heavily into prisms in my high school years. Found them fascinating. This relates to rainbows, which are due to prismatic conditions in the atmosphere. And, back to the dove and rainbow in O.T. Genesis.
Was there anyone sharing the same fascination? Or was it something you were a geek at?
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #5996  
Unread 09-09-2019, 07:42 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,700
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Was there anyone sharing the same fascination? Or was it something you were a geek at?
My dad got into it with me, bought a bunch of prisms. He was more into the physics of it--equations and all that boring stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #5997  
Unread 09-09-2019, 08:03 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,700
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Megan markle is not Ďcolouredí

Wills and Kate have private jets and it wasnít pointed out to them what they were doing was wrong.
America is more liberal and thatís a fact.....
Coloured ......so wrong
The civil rights organization of which Martin Luther King was a member and leader, and which is still going strong, is called the NAACP. The "CP" stands for "Colored People".
It's an awkward term, but isn't really considered racist. I think "mixed race" is more accurate, and less awkward. For example, I think it's fair to say Obama was our first President of "mixed race", which was quite a milestone for the U.S.
Reply With Quote
  #5998  
Unread 09-09-2019, 08:29 PM
SunConjunctUranus SunConjunctUranus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The civil rights organization of which Martin Luther King was a member and leader, and which is still going strong, is called the NAACP. The "CP" stands for "Colored People".
It's an awkward term, but isn't really considered racist. I think "mixed race" is more accurate, and less awkward. For example, I think it's fair to say Obama was our first President of "mixed race", which was quite a milestone for the U.S.
I have purple skin. Who i am, ds?
Reply With Quote
  #5999  
Unread 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,700
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
I have purple skin. Who i am, ds?
Barney?
Reply With Quote
  #6000  
Unread 09-09-2019, 08:38 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,700
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Megan went from being a red-blooded American to becoming a British "Blue Blood"!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.