VOC Moon Experiment

Pallas-trine-Mars

Is "asteroid" 2 Pallas an astrological planet? Sorry, don't remember when I first asked the question.

I got the idea from a blog I read about Ceres. The writer performed an experiment while the Moon formed her last aspect within a sign to Ceres and apparently it worked even though otherwise the Moon was Void of Course.

Today Pallas is at 29 degrees Taurus. As far as the more widely accepted modern astrological planets, the Moon formed her las aspect with Pluto at late 28 degrees Sagittarius. A square to Pallas is her last aspect before she enters Virgo.

I've decided to give my green thumb a stretch and attempt to grow a plant between the end of the Plutonian trine and the Palladian square. I suppose my thesis is:

"If Pallas is a planet, it should be able to form a strong enough aspect to cancel out the Void of Course Moon."

Basically if the Moon is not Void of Course the plant will grow and live for (hopefully) years to come with proper care. If the Moon however is still Void of Course even though the square aspect with Pallas continues, then the plant won't grow or it's growth will be badly disrupted (though the disruption might still be possible because of the adverse nature of the square).

The seed was planted at 3:10PM EDT, New York City. With any luck, I'll have a fully grown orange tree in a few years. :)

I think I'll repeat the experiment with:

Sedna
Makemake
Vesta
Chiron

...And a few others when I can that is.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
While it's an interesting idea, your experiment is flawed in that you're doing what several other scientists have done when trying to test astrology. You're trying to single out a particular influence from the entirety of a chart, which doesn't work out so well. Just because you're singling out one aspect doesn't mean the rest of the chart isn't going to work like it's supposed to.

The plant is Saturn in Virgo, a barren planet in a barren Sign. The quality of the ground is Pisces (which is fertile, that's good), but Jupiter is depressed and retrograde which suggests something isn't right with the ground the plant is planted. Luna is immediately leaving Leo (a barren Sign) into Virgo (another barren Sign) and is going to be within orb of Saturn (barren, barren). Does it not rain in NYC or something?!? :O

Anyway, I could have told you Pallas was astrologically significant. ;)

Pallas-trine-Mars

But in the even chart of when the seed was planted Scorpio (the last degree!) rose! ...But Mars is in Virgo and Pluto is in Sagittarius! Pallas is at exact opposition to the ascendant! The sixth house cusp falls onto Taurus with Vesta there! Virgo is the midheaven! A very mixed bag as far as fertility, but I think it should be somewhat fertile in spite of old Saturn and unfortunate Jupiter.

I know Pallas is significant, if the asteroid could speak, isn't it experiment what it would want? ;)

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I'm not sure what Pluto and the Sixth house have to do with the chart, however, I think a more interesting idea would have been to have everything be appropriate and have the VOC Luna the only major point against a successful growth. Make everything fertile and all of that junk.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Update

The seed still hasn't sprouted yet!!!

According to someone on Yahoo! Answers, it can take at least 20 days for an orange seed to sprout! F^ck, I should've planted the onion instead. :)

Pallas-trine-Mars

Re: Update

Well, it's almost a month, and the seed still hasn't sprouted. ...Obviously I could just lie to all of you and say it did, but that wouldn't be right.

Maybe Pallas wasn't strong enough to cancel out the VOC Moon or maybe another indicator of barrenness truly did prevail.

All I know is if the seed doesn't sprout by next Monday, I'll call the experiment a failure (inconclusive).

Pallas-trine-Mars

Breakthrough~!

At 12:38AM EDT, Sep 5, 2008, here in NYC I checked on the planting and discovered that it had sprouted!

Of course, whether we decide that the Moon was not Void of Course or that some indicator of fertility (such as Ceres in Cancer at the time of the planting) overpowered the barrenness indicators or the otherwise Void Moon was negated by Pallas is for the astrologer to decide.

I find it interesting that this gives the event of discovery a Cancer ascendant and second house (resources) in Cancer, as I was going to water the soil when I discovered the seed had sprouted!

Last edited:

Pallas-trine-Mars

Re: Breakthrough~!

The experiment continues to bode well. The plant is growing slowly extremely slowly, but steadily (it is heavy in fixed signs after all ;)). I'm seeing many new leaflets coming in, though the plant is only mere centimeters tall (hey, it's got 100 years right?)

I've come up with a name for it: Pallas Citrine! Hehehe only took 3 months to come up with that!

Pallas-trine-Mars

Now Vesta

You cowards! I know you find this at least somewhat interesting! Post something!

Anyway, today the Aries Moon's final aspect with an accepted planet is the trine with Mercury in Sagittarius. After this there will be a conjunction with Vesta at 29 degrees Aries (according to one ephemeris anyway), second largest "asteroid" after Ceres and first with Ceres' new "dwarf planet" label.

I'm going to take care of some old business. I'm going to Junior's Time Sq. here in NYC and see about having a cheesecake sent to some family. I'll report the results later and analyze if there are any VOC Moon themes (obstruction, failure) occurring through this transaction. I'm leaving at 12/8/08, 7:45PM EST.

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
I find this experiment really witty! My opinion goes that EVERYTING matters if it's specific. Don't expect other events than those very specific though.

As Pallas Athene is a warrior woman, a survivor, that makes the most out of the least amount of resources, so is your orange tree. So, it will survive, but don't expect to be able to turn to the orange plantation business now :60:

Great experiment. I think you would be much more successful in investigating asteroid qualities if you would place them on an angle (preferably rising) and have the Moon applying to it (preferably by conjunction). Have the Moon voc if you really want to clean out other influences.

In experiments with plants, don't forget about the Moon phases - they're of outmost importance...

Pallas-trine-Mars

Re: VOC Moon Experiment: Vesta

Thanks for actually responding Radu, I didn't actually think anyone would!

Well, I gotta tell you, it's looking like the VOC Moon couldn't be helped. On my way out I had to come back (missing my bus) because I forgot the addresses, then I had to look for those, which I couldn't use because they had a PO Box and not a proper home address, then I had to call them to get this. Missed another bus, but got lucky on the subway, both trains arrived when I arrived. But when I finally got to the place they told me I had to order online! On my way back I made a withdrawal (got kind of depressed and distracted, the distractedness I could see as Vesta, but depression? Heh, maybe it's just Saturn or Ceres in Virgo or a natal placement that was pestering me), forgetting that I needed the cash to order, the thing I was going to buy was hopeless anyway and I couldn't get it. Then by the time I'd put my order in I realized I wouldn't have enough $ for the order to work! :'( And it's late here, so I can't redeposit my money!

Short-sightedness, impulsiveness and bad planning maybe, or is it the VOC Moon? Alabe describes the Aries VOC Moon as "Impulsiveness and premature actions create more problems than they solve". But Bob Marks says Vesta can actually cause (probably meaning physical) blockage; if Vesta is actually causing these difficulties (much different than the active thing I'm used to Vesta as), then it's harder to determine if it's VOC time or not (and could this mean Vesta is a barren planetoid?). There was no planning during the Pallas experiment, everything just kind of fell into place.

A third issue is that Vesta may not even be in Aries. A more recent ephemeris puts Vesta still in 4 Taurus (I prefer the older one because if Vesta represents what I am to understand it to represent, I feel I agree more with the 29 Sagittarius Vesta of the old ephemeris than the 6 Capricorn, either retrograde, one of the newer one as far as my natal chart, esp. if Vesta is to be used as modern ruler of Virgo, which I now might have another reason to doubt).

When Pallas forms an angle I often find myself doing more research than usual, inc. health and science or considering some kind of creative project, maybe what they say about Pallas is true. The transiting conjunction (and possibly other aspects) with the Sun seems to cause people to become temporarily withdrawn and the weather to cool off. I'll do more angle observations of the others.

Last edited:

rogue_red

Re: Now Vesta

Pallas-trine-Mars said:
You cowards! I know you find this at least somewhat interesting! Post something!

Anyway, today the Aries Moon's final aspect with an accepted planet is the trine with Mercury in Sagittarius. After this there will be a conjunction with Vesta at 29 degrees Aries (according to one ephemeris anyway), second largest "asteroid" after Ceres and first with Ceres' new "dwarf planet" label.

I'm going to take care of some old business. I'm going to Junior's Time Sq. here in NYC and see about having a cheesecake sent to some family. I'll report the results later and analyze if there are any VOC Moon themes (obstruction, failure) occurring through this transaction. I'm leaving at 12/8/08, 7:45PM EST.

That has to be the most novel idea ever. Oh and I could pelt you with oranges right about now:60:
When I first came on this site I had a very basic astrological knowlege. The problem is i keep discovering new avenues of astrology to explore and I think my head is going to pop.:87:
Excuse my naivety but is this a branch (excuse the pun) of event astrology?

Rogue:)

pwadm

Staff member
Vesta is at 29ARI43 right now and the Moon just was in conjunction with.

I like this definition:
"Impulsiveness and premature actions create more problems than they solve"
it makes me remember the last week's rendez-vous for a new job interview, when I arrived in the area 1 hour earlier but the GPS navigator took me in the wrong direction. By the time I finally found out where that restaurant was, I was already too far away to can get it in due time. So instead of being 1 hour earlier, I was 10 minutes late... Blaming it on the VOC Moon... not even an asteroid was there to fill in the place... totally voc Moon (and in Capricorn!)

starlink

Well, your cry seemed to have resonated!! Personally I dont use the asteroids as I want to keep things as uncomplicated as possible which has given me up till now more than enough information and probably the reason why I did not respond to your post.

I must say that your tenacious attitude towards growing a plant during a VOC Moon as an experiment is admirable! I am very happy for you that it did start growing.

Starlink:)

rogue_red

Radu said:
Vesta is at 29ARI43 right now and the Moon just was in conjunction with.

I like this definition:
it makes me remember the last week's rendez-vous for a new job interview, when I arrived in the area 1 hour earlier but the GPS navigator took me in the wrong direction. By the time I finally found out where that restaurant was, I was already too far away to can get it in due time. So instead of being 1 hour earlier, I was 10 minutes late... Blaming it on the VOC Moon... not even an asteroid was there to fill in the place... totally voc Moon (and in Capricorn!)

Hmmm vesta is where my sun usually lives. *rushes of to find out who/what vesta is*:)

Oh before I go...did you get the job?

pwadm

Staff member
rogue_red said:
Oh before I go...did you get the job?
I met the recrutement agent several hours before this meeting, when the Moon wasn't voc yet, so hopefully that stands for the start of the recrutement process. I have yet to meet some more people before a decision will be taken by both sides.

rogue_red

Radu said:
I met the recrutement agent several hours before this meeting, when the Moon wasn't voc yet, so hopefully that stands for the start of the recrutement process. I have yet to meet some more people before a decision will be taken by both sides.

I would take that as a positive. People typically make their first and most lasting impression of a person within the first 15 seconds of meeting so I'd say the moon not being VOC is valid.:)

Pallas-trine-Mars

Ok, right now the Moon is VOC except for an applying square with Ceres according to all the ephemerides I have (about 3 different versions). I joined a website earlier today trying to get help with web script. All day I've been trying to come up with the correct words for my topic post there and within the last couple of hours I've been having problems logging in and my texts has been lost twice, it seems to be a pretty Void time right now. Ceres might not be strong enough to negate the VOC Moon. :( ...Of course, it could be the New Moon (malefic) in conjunct with 3 barren planets or the upcoming opposition with Saturn...

Last edited:

Pallas-trine-Mars

Hahaha they continue to grow (the seedling split in two), the mother is nearing a foot, the daughter maybe half. Perhaps by the time Saturn has returned to Virgo I'll have a glass of OJ.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Wednesday Sept 5 2012 I was supposed to start a new project at my job. It got pulled for that night before I even got there or knew I was supposed to do it. The Moon wasn't even halfway through tropical Taurus that afternoon, EDT and was considered void for aspects with the currently used ten rulers from the Sun to Pluto as well as some asteroids.

It was still moving into aspects with Huya (opp Scorpio), Makemake (tri Virgo), Sedna (conjt Taurus), Juno (opp Scorpio) Salacia (sxt Pisces) Varuna (sxt Cancer), Logos (tri Virgo), Iris (opp Scorpio), Nessus (sqr Aquarius), Cybele (sqr Leo), Urania (sqr Leo), Eurydike (sqr Leo), Hera (Sqr Leo), Terpsichore (opp Scorpio), Persephone (tri Virgo), Eros (opp Scorpio), Achilles (sqr Leo), Sphinx (cnj Taurus), Tantalus (sqr Leo), Orpheus (sqr Leo), Atlantis (sqr Aquarius), Requiem (opp Scorpio), Panacea (sxt Pisces), Dionysus (sqr Leo), Damocles (sqr Aquarius), Hygiea (sqr Aquarius), Victoria (sqr Leo), Egeria (sxt Cancer), Karma (sqr Leo) Eunomia (sqr Leo), Ganymed (sqr Leo) and Amphitrite (sqr Leo) , though it seems it might have still been void by this event or perhaps I'm wrong. For now I'm inclined to count these guys as apparently lacking the power to negate an otherwise void Moon. :\

The Moon was also moving into a quincunx inconjunction with Saturn in late Libra. I believe I have seen that, while he's such a jerk, he does have the power to negate a void Moon. So perhaps this aspect truly is not useful for negating a void planet. I know it is not used as is but it doesn't even seem as if anyone has TRIED. It is still a major aspect for effect distance of whole signs so I've been curious, even though you cannot make a clean circle out of them.

Also who knows? It is possible I have misinterpreted things. Maybe one or more of these new guys have a dissipating effect? And then when is the influence of such maleficness considered truly void versus just an aspect to a barren planet? I wonder then if this would mean Neptune and Uranus do not have the power to negate a void Moon or if they are simply indistinguishable, though that is just wondering based off their usually negative influence...

It is also interesting that while the square and opposition are also generally pretty negative and averse to planets caught in those aspects that they should have the ability to negate a void planet but not the inconjunct. Hmm..

Last edited: