Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 12-20-2016, 04:44 AM

Re: On the Earth (Signs)

Earth is stabilizing, grounding, root chakra. Not to mention sensual on the physical front. I appreciate them, though I get on their nerves after awhile

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible." ~Swift

"If I exorcise my devils, well my angels may leave too." ~Tom Waits
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:46 AM

If you find that nothing is getting done just call an Earth sign. They will help you right out with that **** by actually DOING something about it.

I hate it when people just sit around and expect things to change by doing nothing.
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:49 AM

This love fest is nice and all, but has no one got anything to say about the negatives of Earth signs?
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
If you find that nothing is getting done just call an Earth sign. They will help you right out with that **** by actually DOING something about it.

I hate it when people just sit around and expect things to change by doing nothing.
When you do things for people, they never learn.
Reading a chart (or tea leaves or chicken entrails or whathaveyou) is a very different act than reading a book. When someone reads a book, the author had a particular intent that the reader is supposed to pick up on. The main message you get from reading stars is "neener neener" because otherwise they would have made themselves easier to read.
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
This love fest is nice and all, but has no one got anything to say about the negatives of Earth signs?
I find Earth signs to be kind of "bitchy" and no fun. Especially when you try to get to know them. They're so uninterested in making friends or dealing with things outside of their inner circle. At least that's what I think.
AlexZim (12-20-2016), conspiracy theorist (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:56 AM

Quote:
No they don't.

This rule will be enforced.
Reading a chart (or tea leaves or chicken entrails or whathaveyou) is a very different act than reading a book. When someone reads a book, the author had a particular intent that the reader is supposed to pick up on. The main message you get from reading stars is "neener neener" because otherwise they would have made themselves easier to read.
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
No they don't.

This rule will be enforced.
Appleo just trampled on that wish, GG. Will you assemble the troops?
Unread 12-20-2016, 04:59 AM

Yeah I agree. Let's not talk negatively about Earth. Earth is by far the best.
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:03 AM

When a thread is called "On Earth Signs" I thought people would like to talk about Earth signs from all possible angles, which in includes there bad traits. But if the general consensus is to only talk nicely about them, then have at it m8s.
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:12 AM

Virgo is my least favorite Earth sign to live in close quarters with, I have to admit, unless the Virgo is more muted in their charts. It's likely because of the Pisces and not being an "opposites attract" type of person. Heaps of Gemini with no moderating influences gives me the, "Let me out of here!!!" itches also.
The Following User Says Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
When a thread is called "On Earth Signs" I thought people would like to talk about Earth signs from all possible angles, which in includes there bad traits. But if the general consensus is to only talk nicely about them, then have at it m8s.
I have said some negative things on this thread about various Earth traits.

Virgo energy , although helpful and supportive, can also be critical and judgmental, even while being there to help their friend out of a jam.

Taurus energy, although a strong stabilizing influence, it can also be stubborn, stingy and self absorbed.

Capricorn power, being ambitious and capable, can also be intrusive and controlling, even while attempting to be helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Well like i said they have that "dont believe it til i see it" mentality. Which just gets me to no end.

Also they are way too anal about cleanliness and keeping things proper.

So what if my toes got a little bit of ketchup on it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
Virgo is my least favorite Earth sign to live in close quarters with, I have to admit, unless the Virgo is more muted in their charts. It's likely because of the Pisces and not being an "opposites attract" type of person. Heaps of Gemini with no moderating influences gives me the, "Let me out of here!!!" itches also.
My mom is a Pisces and her lil sister is a double Virgo. One day I left my Gemini/Sag daughter alone with them while I went to do an errand. When I returned, my 12 yr old daughter was sitting out on the front porch, awaiting my arrival. LOL She could not wait to get out of there.

---funny thing was that it was one of the first times my daughter truly understood when I then explained it in terms of her mutable squares. I said they triggered her squares and she totally understood, for the first time, what that meant. lol

Last edited by katydid; 12-20-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
For all of their critical reputation, I haven't found Virgos or the Virgo influenced all that unbearable or undesirable which for someone with heavy Sagittarius you'd think I'd hate. It's only recently I've found a Virgo who I personally found grating af. She had a Virgo Moon/Mars conjunction square Gemini Mercury and Pisces Saturn and she was the type to call ******** if she personally couldn't make heads or tails of it. She wanted to partner with me in class because she liked my idea but after awhile I found her to annoying and demanding to work with. I told her I'd work on my own and quickly cut the chord.

Saggies don't like naggers
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Does this apply to Virgo Moon as well?
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:23 AM

Oh yeah, Libra Sun with Virgo planets or Virgo Sun with Libra planets...you have one hair out of place and they are on it.

Good or bad? Depends on your perspective. And the day.
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
My mom is a Pisces and her lil sister is a double Virgo. One day I left my Gemini/Sag daughter alone with them while I went to do an errand. When I returned, my 12 yr old daughter was sitting out on the front porch, awaiting my arrival. LOL She could not wait to get out of there.

---funny thing was that it was one of the first times my daughter truly understood when I then explained it in terms of her mutable squares. I said they triggered her squares and she totally understood, for the first time, what that meant. lol
Oh yes, the feeling of enmity is mutual between the Gemini-influenced and myself. If they have any Virgo...

Quote:
Does this apply to Virgo Moon as well?
One of best friends is Virgo Moon, but her Moon is in the 12th. I think this is how we've made it through.
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:31 AM

Oh, you guys are still talking about this? I was off eating quiche and drawing sharks...
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, the feeling of enmity is mutual between the Gemini-influenced and myself. If they have any Virgo...

One of best friends is Virgo Moon, but her Moon is in the 12th. I think this is how we've made it through.
My moon is in a water house too!!! So looks like we'll make it too Sibyl.
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, Libra Sun with Virgo planets or Virgo Sun with Libra planets...you have one hair out of place and they are on it.

Good or bad? Depends on your perspective. And the day.
My daughters close friend is a Libra, with Venus conjunct Jupiter in Virgo. [1991]

She is an amazing stylist. She dresses actors/singers for the red carpet and for music videos, etc. And she gives people amazing 'makeovers'---truly a genius at that kind of work. She is very talented and successful.

But her personal romantic relationships tend to implode. She gets way over the top with her emotions/feelings and gets in too deep too quickly. Then gets disillusioned and disappointed and says something hyper critical she cannot take back...
sibylline (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
My moon is in a water house too!!! So looks like we'll make it too Sibyl.
Hmmm, possibly. You seem more like you'd be the quiet, self-critical Virgoan so not quite reflective of the type I'm mentioning here.

Anyway, good night folks. Interesting chat. I'll try to be online tomorrow night also for some more Earth talk.
Unread 12-20-2016, 06:39 AM

Smile Re: On the Earth (Signs)

Without my Taurian family, I don't know what would have become of me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
craft94 (12-20-2016), katydid (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Without my Taurian family, I don't know what would have become of me!
My double Taurus, older brother, saved my sorry butt many times over they years.
david starling (12-20-2016)
Unread 12-20-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, possibly. You seem more like you'd be the quiet, self-critical Virgoan so not quite reflective of the type I'm mentioning here.
True.

Quote:
Anyway, good night folks. Interesting chat. I'll try to be online tomorrow night also for some more Earth talk.
Goodnight Sibyl! :3
Unread 12-20-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I think the mindset behind that is that the material world is the obvious, perceived and experienced by every flesh and blood human. Thus no real value is placed on it. Of course this is a mistake, but I notice the Earth vs. other elements rift even among people who are not astro-aware, so I understand the thinking.
My difficulty with these kind of Earthy people isn't so much that they "bore" or uninterest me. It's more that we don't understand each other, and because they don't understand me, they judge me. They see my ideas as "crazy" "abnormal" etc because it isn't something they've seen before.
However, I am not here to judge them.
Without my Taurus Moon, I'd be a much different person. Perhaps, I'd be more flightly. Which a lot of no-earth air types are. I can't stand flightiness

Last edited by craft94; 12-20-2016 at 12:03 PM.