Poleaxe

Night Sky

This is...let's just say special.

I doubt that anyone knows even what a poleaxe is in here.

But if you not only know, but know what the pattern confers and I have some of my own theories about it, I would be extremely glad to speak with you on it. Please reply or pm me.

starlink

Night Sky, why not tell us all about your findings of the medieval Pole Axe in Astrology. How would a poleaxe aspect look like and what could it, according to you mean?

Curiously,
Starlink

Night Sky

starlink said:
Night Sky, why not tell us all about your findings of the medieval Pole Axe in Astrology. How would a poleaxe aspect look like and what could it, according to you mean?

Curiously,
Starlink

Right so you don't know.

You've done a web search and you still don't know.:38:

aquarius7000

NS, as the querent, get cracking with your version of the answer (if you know it, ie); instead of cracking silly jokes, pal.

;)aquarius7000

Night Sky

aquarius7000 said:
NS, as the querent, get cracking with your version of the answer (if you know it, ie); instead of cracking silly jokes, pal.

;)aquarius7000

I not cracking jokes.

I am teasing you all.:)

starlink

In the most childish possible way
Indeed! I dont understand why you like doing this. This is not Disney World where you can play around Night Sky. Honestly, you are able to write a sensible website, so why cant you be sensible here? We are here to learn from one another, not to fool around. I hope you get the message!

Right so you don't know.
No, I dont, that's why I am asking you.
It seems you dont want to answer our questions. Maybe you don't know it yourself either?

Night Sky

Be Amazed.

Or at least show mild enthusiasm.

The POLEAXE is an aspect pattern similar to the DART.

It consists of a square with a third planet making a triangle with that square on the other side of the chart, linked by two 135 degree Sesqui-Quadrates.

The chart that I have found for you is of Michel Colucci. He was a comedian, and I don't really know that much about his life, except that it says in Wikepedia that he used profanity in his acts. He died in a motorbike accident and some people say that he was murdered.

My idea of the Poleaxe is that it does signify violence, or at least a agressive and powerful demeanor. Not that I have one. I don't have a poleaxe don't worry. They are rare because the orb for sesquiquadrates is one degree, and therefore you also need to have an exact Square also.

The name itself is quite terrible, and does suggest force and violence, and that is where I am coming from in my interpretation.

If anyone can find another example of a close Poleaxe in someone's Natal chart, I would be impressed. I like a tight orb, just in case.;)

Attachments

• Michel Colucci.JPG
    Michel Colucci.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 68
What is this???????????

Help me with this configuration.

Moon 10 Aries

Mercury 10 Libra

Jupiter 25 Leo

Saturn 25 Scorpio

So Moon is sesquisquare (135 deg.) to both Jupiter and Saturn, opposite to Mercury.

Is there a name for this configuration?

EJ53

Banned
Re: What is this???????????

jamiescott said:

Moon 10 Aries

Mercury 10 Libra

Jupiter 25 Leo

Saturn 25 Scorpio

So Moon is sesquisquare (135 deg.) to both Jupiter and Saturn, opposite to Mercury.

I don't think there is a recognised name for this. So, let's call it the "JamieScott".

Assuming the aspects are within 1.5 degrees, these planets are "resonating to the 8th harmonic" - which is said to be about creating a problem by persisting with an activity/action. So the moon/mercury opposition might be the classic irrational vs rationasl thinking problem, with Saturn discipline and Jupiter optimism giving you the ability to "stick with your thoughts" - creating a problem if you happen to be wrong.

On reflection then, maybe naming this one after yourself is not a good idea - or do you think we should stick with it no matter what?:D

EJ:)

starlink

Jamiescott, also in this Forum you can find the following written under thread title:pOLEAXE by Night Sky:

The POLEAXE is an aspect pattern similar to the DART.

It consists of a square with a third planet making a triangle with that square [QUOTE]on the other side of the chart, linked by two 135 degree Sesqui-Quadrates.
[/quote]
The chart that I have found for you is of Michel Colucci. He was a comedian, and I don't really know that much about his life, except that it says in Wikepedia that he used profanity in his acts. He died in a motorbike accident and some people say that he was murdered.

My idea of the Poleaxe is that it does signify violence, or at least a agressive and powerful demeanor. Not that I have one. I don't have a poleaxe don't worry. They are rare because the orb for sesquiquadrates is one degree, and therefore you also need to have an exact Square also.

The name itself is quite terrible, and does suggest force and violence, and that is where I am coming from in my interpretation.

If anyone can find another example of a close Poleaxe in someone's Natal chart, I would be impressed. I like a tight orb, just in case.;)
Attached Thumbnails[URL="http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2693&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1223346109"]http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2693&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1223346109[/URL]

Now in your chart you also have that Moon opposite Mercury, but that is then an extra input I guess. Basically, your configuration looks like a Poleaxe, if such an aspect is accepted . I think Nightsky is experimenting with it.

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

starlink

As you can see, he needs "example charts" so send him yours! I am sure he will appreciate that.

freedomlover

JamieScott wrote:

Moon 10 Aries

Mercury 10 Libra

Jupiter 25 Leo

Saturn 25 Scorpio

Forgive me if my math is wrong, but from the way I'm looking at this, there seems to be an error. The way I always figure a sesquisquare is to see a trine and add 15. (maybe a *******-up method, but it works for me:p). So, using that method, the Moon/Jupiter aspect is indeed an exact sesquisquare. However, if I figure the aspect from Moon to Saturn..... I start with Moon at 10*Aries- look for the trine, that is 10*Sag - and add 15. So that is 25 Sag, NOT 25 Scorpio. Did you mean to write Sag, and typo'd it? I smell Mercury retrograde at work! (maybe on my end - my math hasn't been the best lately.)

FL