TIME LORDS - a TRADITIONAL Hellenistic Procedure

Chrysalis

I already know to compare the SR to natal.

Is this thread about SR ? No! I was ONLY discussing time lords, and giving an example of how they work.

Talk amongst yourselves i'm done with this thread.

JUPITERASC

I already know to compare the SR to natal.
Is this thread about SR ?
No!

I was ONLY discussing time lords, and giving an example of how they work.
By the way, since you are a modernist astrologer
paying a brief visit
to gather useful traditional info on HELLENISTIC Time Lord procedures
from our traditional board members

then
it is possible
you may be unaware that
SOLAR REVOLUTION

aka

modernist Solar Return
is another Time Lord technique
used in tandem with PROFECTION chart :smile:
Talk amongst yourselves i'm done with this thread.
guests are always welcome
avoid slamming any doors on the way out, thanks

JUPITERASC

Profections are to be used with Solar Returns (AKA Solar Revolutions) :smile:
And as far as this forum goes, I know it from this thread AND from another one by Osamenor:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113535&highlight=annual+profections
petosiris posted the following helpful link :smile:

Here is an extensive treatment of seven Hellenistic chronocratorship systems,
profections start from the middle of page 52 -
https://www.scribd.com/document/398843647/Apotelesmatika?secret_password=vqQbwatGDZFMXQzydeqz

dd78

petosiris on PROFECTIONS - Hellenistic time-lord technique :smile:

Originally Posted by Konrad

I use a hierarchy of Firdariyyah -> distributions -> profections when looking to one's annual happenings.

SO:
1. what are distributions?
2. how important is the use of the rulership by exaltation?
Does one use it by default in every type of delineation?

What I get by SR and Profection is Saturn-Mercury. And 1-10-MC-5-6. (Virgo-Gemini-CAp-Aqua)

AC Profected to 5th, CAP, with SAturn transiting it and falling within a dergee from Prof. AC in SR. ALso, 5th cusp aligns with 1st natal.

If I use Firdaria+Profections I get Sun+Saturn, then Sun/Venus+Saturn.

I generally omit short transits like that of Venus or Sun to avoid getting too scattered.
However repeated multiple transits to/from Sun-Saturn-Venus (while they are timelords) can`t get unnoticed.

Natal Houses in question are empty, except for the 1st, which contains Saturn. 6th natal hs is ruled by Saturn and contains Moon.

SR emphasizes 6th SR hs - with both lights and three other planets there (incl. Venus&Mercury). Moon is 8 mins ahead of Sun.

I already know that this year is going to be brand new daily routines (more healthy, scheduled and less chaotic) and - hopefully - a good job. I`ve been trying to get rid of bad habits for a while. But I`ve actually just started seeing the results of my efforts. :happy:

what I can`t mix with the context is the 5th hs. :unsure:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

SO:

What I get by SR and Profection is Saturn-Mercury. And 1-10-MC-5-6. (Virgo-Gemini-CAp-Aqua)
AC Profected to 5th, CAP, with SAturn transiting it and falling within a dergee from Prof. AC in SR. ALso, 5th cusp aligns with 1st natal.

If I use Firdaria+Profections I get Sun+Saturn, then Sun/Venus+Saturn.

I generally omit short transits like that of Venus or Sun to avoid getting too scattered.
However repeated multiple transits to/from Sun-Saturn-Venus (while they are timelords) can`t get unnoticed.

Natal Houses in question are empty, except for the 1st, which contains Saturn. 6th natal hs is ruled by Saturn and contains Moon.

SR emphasizes 6th SR hs - with both lights and three other planets there (incl. Venus&Mercury). Moon is 8 mins ahead of Sun.

I already know that this year is going to be brand new daily routines (more healthy, scheduled and less chaotic) and - hopefully - a good job. I`ve been trying to get rid of bad habits for a while. But I`ve actually just started seeing the results of my efforts. :happy:

what I can`t mix with the context is the 5th hs. :unsure:
Konrad closed his account some years ago unfortunately
however
petosiris or perhaps Oddity may comment at some stage :smile:

dd78

Although Libra is the 11th sign, the MC is located here and the ruler Venus is located in the 2nd house of Capricorn. On the day of my birthday I was offered a job.

Did SR for that period of time also emphasize the same/similar themes?

All of those aspects to Venus were relevant to the type of job that I was being offered. Capricorn and Aquarius are related to the sea, Mars was relevant since there was a heavy physical/athletic component to the job functions, it involved moving locations (Moon 3rd) etc. All planets that are connected to the time lord either through house rulership or aspects also had relevance to the major areas of focus throughout the year - Mars rules 12th, Mars in 1st, Venus in 2nd, Moon in 3rd, Mars rules 5th, Venus rules 6th, Moon rules 8th, Venus rules 11th.

Hopefully this helped you to understand more. As you can see, a lot of information can be garnered just from focusing on what the time lord and its connections are doing in the chart.

This is when it gets complicated. In case of my chart it`s easier to say which houses and planets are less involved :andy:

So which were more important - natal houses in which the natal planets reside or the houses ruled by these planets?

JUPITERASC

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist

Although Libra is the 11th sign, the MC is located here and the ruler Venus is located in the 2nd house of Capricorn. On the day of my birthday I was offered a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist
All of those aspects to Venus were relevant to the type of job that I was being offered. Capricorn and Aquarius are related to the sea, Mars was relevant since there was a heavy physical/athletic component to the job functions, it involved moving locations (Moon 3rd) etc. All planets that are connected to the time lord either through house rulership or aspects also had relevance to the major areas of focus throughout the year - Mars rules 12th, Mars in 1st, Venus in 2nd, Moon in 3rd, Mars rules 5th, Venus rules 6th, Moon rules 8th, Venus rules 11th.

Hopefully this helped you to understand more. As you can see, a lot of information can be garnered just from focusing on what the time lord and its connections are doing in the chart.

This is when it gets complicated. In case of my chart it`s easier to say which houses and planets are less involved :andy:

So which were more important - natal houses in which the natal planets reside or the houses ruled by these planets?
conspiracy theorist commented moments ago on other threads
but
does not seem to have noticed your question - may do soon :smile:

conspiracy theorist

It did. SR ascendant was Taurus for the year which emphasized Venus. Taurus is whole sign 6th, however 5th house in placidus (the quadrant house system I use). There were a lot of relationships markers in this SR, but with the profection year and also the fact that SR moon was located in the 11th house, it was primarily in the realm of organizational and wider social groups although I did end up in a relationship toward the end of the SR when the LR synced testimonies with the SR in regard to romantic relationship makers.

Both are important for outlining what happens in the year - it's impossible that only one type of situation/event will happen to you throughout the year and the differences provide the nuance and variety that contributes to more accurate and precise reading.

But yes, taking out the planets that are less involve will be helpful in streamlining what exactly is having influence for the year.

dd78

It did. SR ascendant was Taurus for the year which emphasized Venus. Taurus is whole sign 6th, however 5th house in placidus (the quadrant house system I use). There were a lot of relationships markers in this SR, but with the profection year and also the fact that SR moon was located in the 11th house, it was primarily in the realm of organizational and wider social groups although I did end up in a relationship toward the end of the SR when the LR synced testimonies with the SR in regard to romantic relationship makers.

Thanks a lot!!! :happy:

Both are important for outlining what happens in the year - it's impossible that only one type of situation/event will happen to you throughout the year and the differences provide the nuance and variety that contributes to more accurate and precise reading.

But yes, taking out the planets that are less involve will be helpful in streamlining what exactly is having influence for the year.

Obviously it`s not possible to experience just one event, since
some houses (like 2nd and 6th/10th/MC) are inherently connected. If they are also connected in all three ( or two) charts I guess this is where one should expect events.

May I ask if your primary interest during that year was in the area of your job/social standing ? Or dating/socializing/relationships?

What I`m asking here is your focus, not what actually happened.

Because it`s my 5th prof. year, but I`m focused on 6th-2nd-10th/MC issues.
So 5th hs seems literally like an intruder here (unless I look at my profession as highly artistic and creative). At least until I will have found a good job :biggrin:
I also have no kids and will definitely have none.

conspiracy theorist

Obviously it`s not possible to experience just one event, since
some houses (like 2nd and 6th/10th/MC) are inherently connected. If they are also connected in all three ( or two) charts I guess this is where one should expect events.

May I ask if your primary interest during that year was in the area of your job/social standing ? Or dating/socializing/relationships?

What I`m asking here is your focus, not what actually happened.

Because it`s my 5th prof. year, but I`m focused on 6th-2nd-10th/MC issues.
So 5th hs seems literally like an intruder here (unless I look at my profession as highly artistic and creative). At least until I will have found a good job :biggrin:
I also have no kids and will definitely have none.

My focus was on everything I mentioned (I know this answer probably doesn't satisfy you) - a lot of security and job issues as well as extending my social circle in all kinds of spheres - and often times these were mixed (so a lot of socializing was with co-workers or persons who I knew from organizations, professional types. Conventions, meetings, special interests nights and some night life stuff, too). I was/am building from the ground up - and I've taken a multi-pronged approach to it - which could be seen from my natal chart.

Similarly, you've also made some decisions on how you are going to govern your life, which is most likely mirrored in your natal chart. This will have an effect on how the year will play out for you. The natal chart is the root chart - you know this.

Willing to go into more detail as to how your various chart(s) look?

dd78

My focus was on everything I mentioned (I know this answer probably doesn't satisfy you)

Oh, It does satisfy me
And believe it or not, but your answer provides me with a lot of useful data :wink:
Thank you! :happy:

Similarly, you've also made some decisions on how you are going to govern your life, which is most likely mirrored in your natal chart. This will have an effect on how the year will play out for you. The natal chart is the root chart - you know this.

Exactly :)

Willing to go into more detail as to how your various chart(s) look?

Yes! Of course I do :cool:

tsmall

Premium Member
SO:

I am not Konrad so I could be incorrect but I believe here he means directions, as in primary directions

It is very important, as long as you understand why. Domicile rulers run the house no matter what. And of course you notice that while every sign has a ruler, not every sign has an exaltatio ruler. Think of it like...a bonus. Exaltation rulers have the ability to produce great things, though they are usually not as "long lasting" as what domicile rulers produce.

I mean that's rather broad. While this thread is ostensibly about Time Lords in general, even the title implies there is only one procedure. Which has led this thread to focus on the most well known/most use; profections. I have used exaltation rulers in horary, but only if they are "signifying." Sticking to profections, yes you want to consider if a sign is activated then so are both the domicile and exaltation rulers, along with any planets in that sign.

You guys are making the concept of profections/LoY way more complicated than it needs to be. I lectured on this at SOTA this past October, using John McCain's chart, and four or five (I can't remember now how many I included) Solar Return charts. I read most (though admittedly not all) of the replies here and it looks like one of the hang ups is that we profect by sign. That's astrologerese for "use whole signs when calculating profections." That's it. No one looks at a profected chart; they are NEVER read as stand alone charts. The idea is to see who's playing, and who is on the bench. Some years, like last year for me, you get everydamn body with skin in the game. (Libra rising, activating Venus and Saturn, with Venus as LoY and Saturn as ELoy), but because I have Sun, Mercury and Jupiter also in Libra? Let's just say that it was a VERY busy year and a ton of stuff happened. I didn't know if I was coming or going, upside down or right side up. :andy:

This year is a second house profection, Scorpio, and for a wonder only one planet is activated. Though Mars is busy in my Natal, not so much in the SR. That said, it's already evident that transits to and from Mars are VERY potent this year.

(I can't guarantee that the topsy turveyness is over, but I have time this week. If anyone is interested in the John McCain examples I can post the slides and walk through the charts.)

Last edited: