Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 04-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Will my computer arrive (known outcome)

I ordered a new laptop a few days ago.

On Monday I wondered if it would arrive before I had to go to work that day, so cast the chart.

Do you think it did or not?

Unread 04-16-2013, 08:23 PM

Re: Will my computer arrive (known outcome)

your laptop was last seen running towards the airport singing
'Im leaving on a jet plane, dont know when Ill be back again......

there is a small amount of astrology behind this view. (sun conj mars in 9th unaspected)

Soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRX-8SXOs

'You can take a horse to water but you can not make it drink'! My grandad
The Following User Says Thank You to Caro For This Useful Post:
Moog (04-17-2013)
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:51 PM

Hi,

You = the Sun
Ordered Laptop = Mercury (via chart's 2nd house)

I would say it hasn't yet arrived. The Moon is busy translating light from Mer (you paid for it) to the Sun (you), but hasn't yet perfected its sextile to the Sun, so it isn't yet in your possession. From the day of asking of the question, it should be there in 2-3 days, I should think. The Moon has left Jup behind, so it has left the other person (shop-owner) already.

AQ7
Moog (04-17-2013)
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM

I'm responding to this because I actually would have said yes, for reasons outlined below, and would like to know the outcome to see if I'm looking at this chart correctly.

Moon isn't translating from Mercury to the Sun as referenced earlier. the Moon's no longer in moeity of any aspect with Mercury, and it would need to still be in aspect of the separating planet to translate light. but even if it were, the Moon's last contact was to Jupiter. the Moon is translating Jupiter's light, but in this case that could work out for us -- Jupiter rules the fifth chart of ambassadors. generally a courier would be shown by the third, but I have seen a chart before in which the fifth was used.

there is still a connection between the Moon and Mercury, though. in this chart the Moon is in Mercury's sign, showing the Moon's willingness to bring what Mercury represents to our querent (Sun). all planets operating out of friendly houses, friendly aspects, very tight orbs.. so again, I would have said 'yes, it will arrive before you leave for work.'

of course, if it did not arrive before you left for work, that will be good to know too -- means one shouldn't be so loose with the definitions of the fifth house, so much so that we include couriers. or perhaps it says something about the Moon translating from a detrimented planet (Jupiter) -- like maybe a delay should be expected in these cases.

so what happened?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wca For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (04-17-2013), Moog (04-17-2013)
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:40 AM

Aquarius is closer.

It didn't arrive Monday, despite me forking out extra to make sure I would, grrrrr

It arrived early Tuesday morning.
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM

Hi,

Moog, thanks for updating.

WCA, your factual knowledge of Astrology is strong. I combine facts with feeling, living upto being a woman. I was pretty sure that the notebook wouldn't arrive on the desired date. Indeed, the Moon translates light from a detrimented Jup to an exalted Sun, hence only a slight delay. And, surely, I wanted to look at Mer- showing Moog's possession (2nd house) of it.

Moog, any idea what caused the delay? Did it have to be flown in from another country? Or was it a foreign brand (out of stock) or something?

AQ7

Last edited by aquarius7000; 04-17-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Hi,

Moog, thanks for updating.

WCA, your factual knowledge of Astrology is strong. I combine facts with feeling, living upto being a woman. I was pretty sure that the notebook wouldn't arrive on the desired date. Indeed, the Moon translates light from a detrimented Jup to an exalted Sun, hence only a slight delay. And, surely, I wanted to look at Mer- showing Moog's possession (2nd house) of it.

Moog, any idea what caused the delay? Did it have to be flown in from another country? Or was it a foreign brand (out of stock) or something?

AQ7
It might have been something to do with some checks they run, that put it back.

I don't think it was flown in or anything to do with foreign. They apparently had 50 in stock, at their warehouse, of which they have 4, all in the UK afaik.

Tags
arrive, computer, outcome