Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 10-19-2019, 08:22 PM

Re: Thoughts: Chart Ruler in the 12th House

Okay, I'll throw my two cents in the mix here. First of all, we all react to planetary energies differently, according to our conscious awareness. So, there potentially are as many experiences of Pluto in the 12th or the ruler of the chart in 12th as there are people. I personally have Pluto in the 12th in Leo, but I have a Virgo rising.

I think when a person's ASC has a traditional and modern ruler, I look at both. The traditional ruler will have a more personal message and the modern ruler, which will be a trans-personal planet, will tell more about the kinds of pressures or how one is being pressured to change.

In your case, you have the traditional and modern rulers squared - so they are in strong relationship and I'm guessing that all in all, they are related and you will do well to consider both.

I don't buy the whole demotion of Pluto thing. Scientists are free to categorize planets by certain criteria, but it does not change the effects of Pluto one way or the other. I feel the same way about the 13th constellation. Those stars haven't changed. Just because astronomers have decided to declare a 13th constellation changes nothing astrologically. The observed influences over the centuries are what they are.

The 12th house most certainly has a negative reputation, but let's not forget that all the signs, planets AND houses have both positive and negative possibilities. The 12th house can be a place of worship - of chosen solitary places like monasteries and loners in communion with nature - like Thoreau. Also, the 12th house is a space where we can let go of things we need to let go of - and explore something new. It is the place described in Chaos Theory. In order to change, there must be chaos - a place where everything is let go of and there is no "stuckness" to anything - an unstructured space - and space where things can disassemble and reassemble in a different order. So when Pluto is in the 12th, we are encouraged to "let go" of stuff. For some of us, it will be our beliefs. For others, it will be thinking processes or emotional fixations or who we think we are.

The 12th house is the house of illness because often when we haven't let go of what we need to let go of, we get sick. The lesson comes into the physical realm. It doesn't always have to be that way, but I do believe that physical illness can be a great teacher and some people's charts are very difficult. Sometimes, the illness brings about a change that is very difficult for the person to pull of otherwise. It has nothing to do with how good a person is or how educated or successful or anything. It just means that there's something difficult to learn and sometimes an illness helps learn it. Some people need to learn to grieve. The 12th house is a good place to learn that - to let go of what makes us sad.

The 12th house is a deep, spiritual space demanding change in order to be closer to one's spirit. You might say that about the 8th house too, but it's a little different. The 8th house demands an awareness of one's unconscious motivations and stuck places. Again, we can get sick if we resist growing and changing in awareness. That's why these are moksha houses. They demand spiritual awareness - something that isn't easy for us human beings.

I believe Pluto in the 12th house has been very good to me. I'm 68 years old and I have excellent health. It doesn't have to mean poor health and bad things. But I have been a deeply growing person my whole life. So, if you have Pluto in the 12th, you will grow in spiritual awareness, one way or another. If you are someone who has been ill, be certain to embrace it as a spiritual lesson and use the experience to grow and change (even if you don't have 12th house planets). The illness will then give you purpose and meaning.

All in all, I call the 12th house the "Letting Go House". Through the years I've repeatedly asked myself what am I being asked to let go of that is Leo in nature - the sign on my 12th cusp. Those answers have guided me. Even if you don't have a planet in the 12th, that's a good question to ask of the sign on your 12th cusp. What qualities of that sign should you let go of? When we let go of something, we then can embrace something new. That is symbolized by the cusp sign of the 1st house, or the ASC. You will continually embrace the positives of that sign as you let go of things of the 12th house sign. Look at where the rulers are of each of those signs and work the question in a similar way. What sign is the ruler in? What house? What needs letting go of and what needs embracing a new?

In your case, one of your ASC rulers is in the 12th. What you let go of there will improve your relationships and overall performance in society. Scorpio rising can error on being a bit fearful and reticent socially. What is Pluto in Libra in the 12th and Mars in Cancer in the 9th giving you?

That's all for now - more like three or four cents worth.

Unread 01-14-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetinija View Post

I知 Leo ascendant with Chart ruler, cancer sun in 12th. It痴 a double win, chart ruler and sun in 12th house, plus Mercury and Venus in 12th.

In short about my life so far...I grew up without father; since early age I wanted to move to far foreign lands to be away from my country, as I never felt patriotic about it and couldn稚 associate myself with the country...after university I packed my bags and I emigrated forever. I have to say that I知 somehow on one side proud and feeling good about myself but on other hand I知 shy, quite and introverted. Since childhood I have been fascinated by stars and could watch them for hours and now I知 studying astrology for hours. I do feel that i gain my power when I知 alone and I prefer to be behind closed doors and definitely have panick attack in big crowds...
I have Gemini rising with Sun, Merc (chart ruler), Mars (all in Aries) and Venus (Taurus) in 12th house. Interesting that our charts are similar in this way, even though I've got no Cancer or Leo in my chart. I also traveled abroad a lot when I was younger, though I do live here now, had no father as a young child (terrible relationship with stepfather later) ... not as shy but that'll be all the Aries and Gemini... I have a fascination with things that are foreign, complex, difficult to understand, but systematic - foreign languages, behavioral anthropology, politics and political systems, astrology (lol), etc. I do not like crowds and have never felt at home in a crowd.

My Mercury could be in the 11th depending on the house system, but I typically use the system that puts it in the 12th because it also puts my scorpio moon in the 6th and both of those things resonate with me better than Merc in 11 and moon in 5.
Unread 01-17-2020, 02:27 PM

To find your chart ruler, you look to whatever planet rules your rising sign/ascendant. Then whatever house/zodiac sign that's in is your chart ruler.

My rising is Aquarius, with the ruling planet of Uranus.

Since my Uranus is in Capricorn (my 12th house) -- that is my chart ruler.

Tags
12th, chart, house, ruler, thoughts