How does 11th house synastry work? Is it friendship-based or something more?

Rydar

I was just wondering on synastry insights for the chart. There is a heavy Neptunian vibe to the entire synastry chart along with Red’s (woman) ASC being in Pisces and their ruling planet (Neptune) being at home in the 12th house.

With Neptune and Pluto all over though (as well as a loaded 11th House overlay), I can’t tell who has the “upper hand” here or if mutual attraction is even indicated (I’m not sure how strong Eros is in synastry so I didn’t really touch on Red’s Eros conjunct Blue’s Mars and Venus or the Mars/Moon-Venus contacts).

Am I right to think that because Red has Moon as their 5H ruler and Blue’s (man) Venus/Mars/Uranus (which rule their 8th, 7th, and 5th respectively as well as Venus being their chart ruler) make direct conjunctions to it, that it would function the same as those planets sitting in that person’s 5th house or activating it in that way and could indicate attraction from woman to man?

Also, using the chart below, am I right to think that because she has Moon as her 5H ruler and my Venus/Mars/Uranus (which rule their 8th, 7th, and 5th respectively as well as Venus being the chart ruler) make direct conjunctions to it, that it would function the same as those planets sitting in her 5th house or activating it in that way?

2thGql9.png

Last edited:

waybread

"Red's" 11th house looks like "Blue's" 4th house.

I don't equate signs and houses the way some modern astrologers do, so I wouldn't see Aquarian planets as lending more of an 11th house flavor to the relationship.

Aquarius is an air sign, so this part of the relationship is apt to be more mental, and with a need for a certain amount of space in the relationship, especially by the Aquarian moon.

Theoretically, "Red" activates "Blue's" 4th house, which is already pretty active, with 4 planets in it. Then "Blue" activate's "Red's" 11th house.

The 11th is the house of friendship, but also hopes and wishes for the future.

It's hard to say too much without the planet's degrees being visible.

Rydar

"Red's" 11th house looks like "Blue's" 4th house.

I don't equate signs and houses the way some modern astrologers do, so I wouldn't see Aquarian planets as lending more of an 11th house flavor to the relationship.

Aquarius is an air sign, so this part of the relationship is apt to be more mental, and with a need for a certain amount of space in the relationship, especially by the Aquarian moon.

Theoretically, "Red" activates "Blue's" 4th house, which is already pretty active, with 4 planets in it. Then "Blue" activate's "Red's" 11th house.

The 11th is the house of friendship, but also hopes and wishes for the future.

It's hard to say too much without the planet's degrees being visible.

Added the synastry degrees and both birthcharts:

synastry:
rldeJDi.png

capricorn: (man)
u8yNWI3.png

gemini: (woman)
A8BgGab.png

waybread

I'm not seeing a lot of really strong synastry here. Basically I would look for conjunctions, sextiles, or trines with paired planets and the ascendants, plus "reverse" Mars-Venus contacts.

One more thing to try, though, would be a composite chart, showing how you function as a couple. Sometimes it gives a different result. There are different kinds of composite charts. I usually use the midpoint composite chart.

Rydar

I'm not seeing a lot of really strong synastry here. Basically I would look for conjunctions, sextiles, or trines with paired planets and the ascendants, plus "reverse" Mars-Venus contacts.

One more thing to try, though, would be a composite chart, showing how you function as a couple. Sometimes it gives a different result. There are different kinds of composite charts. I usually use the midpoint composite chart.

Here's the composite:

kA0q7dj.png

waybread

The Venus, Jupiter, Mars conjunction looks like hot stuff.

But I wonder, apart from that do these two people genuinely like each other? There's a sun-Pluto-Mercury T-square suggesting power struggles.

The moon, the emotional character of the relationship. is in the 12th house and squaring a bunch of planets.