Human existence: the gender of God

petosiris

Banned
I admit I am a guilty sinner. I do not have a spirit of arrogance and self-boasting as yours.

You have truly shown me through the scriptures that my righteousness is like filthy rags, and that I am wrong in many ways, but you have not shown me that God is a literal man, or a mother, rather than the divine Father.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Not if men wrote the Scripture and interpreted a genderless God as being of their own gender. Not an error, but a preference, and not necessarily a requirement.

If men wrote the scriptures out of their own will rather than of the will of God, that may be true. But if they were inspired by the Holy Spirit and proven by their wisdom, signs, wonders and predictions, then we are compelled to ascribe to all their utterances.

david starling

What distinguished the One God from the others, was the role of Creator of All, including the Earth, the Sun, Moon and stars. So, most accurate to word it, "Our Creator who art in Heaven....".

petosiris

Banned
What distinguished the One God from the others, was the role of Creator of All, including the Earth, the Sun, Moon and stars. So, most accurate to word it, "Our Creator who art in Heaven....".

No, because God wants us to have personal and growing relationship with him as a son has with a father.

david starling

No, because God wants us to have personal and growing relationship with him as a son has with a father.

Men who lost their own fathers at a young age, or whose own fathers were abusive and domineering, would likely prefer that. The writers of Scripture were instruments of God, but, as humans, were not infallible.

leomoon

I've been reluctant to say this, but I've been wondering the past week or so, whether GOD may also be seen in the Covid19 virus. I think so, since God comprises all atoms & molecules. We tend however on this earth to separate with two sides, "evil" and "good" or black & white. We do so as humans when it comes to God as well. Christ-Anti-Christ and on and on.

Its likely all ONE.

I think God is "grey" or neutral. Father,Mother or whatever, it was language easily embraced 2,000 years ago during his time. :bandit:

from Greg Perman:
https://creation.com/atoms-and-gods-order

The beauty and organization of God’s creation can be seen all around us in the macroscopic world. Everything we observe from plant life, stars, animals, rocks, air, and water—virtually everything—is composed of 90 naturally occurring building blocks known as atoms. Order starts with atoms and the subatomic particles that comprise them. This orderliness is not a random or haphazard assemblage of particles happening by accident or spontaneously organizing without an intelligent cause. Looking into the nature of atoms, creation is clearly seen. When God created, He brought order to the universe even in the smallest things, for God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Leomoon can you have personal relationship with atoms or rocks? The God of the Bible is a living God, a single person that created everything - the Father.

What you are saying sounds like atheism and materialism.

leomoon

Not really, it sounds to me more like Gnosticism. :biggrin: But call me what you wish to, for remember too, "A rose is a rose, under any other name, its still a rose"

The mind creates everything. Be careful of your thoughts!! You create your own heaven, your own hell. No one "sends you" to either, just yourself. I always saw God as a Verb, not a noun.

Edgar Cayce explained it this way, "as though Electricity on your plane , not that God per se IS electricity, but as a conductive force I suppose he was trying to allude to.

· EDGAR CAYCE ON ELECTRICITY AND GOD The sleeping Cayce believes that the soul is "electro-spiritual" in nature: "Know then that the force in nature that is called electrical or electricity is that same force ye worship as Creative or God in action" (1299-1).

I don't think it originated with Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller, but some say so in the more modern era
http://www.quotes-inspirational.com/quote/god-verb-not-noun-50/

NOR do I think it comes from this guy: (I don't read him, he's not my cup of tea) but explains God similiarly:

Deepak Chopra:
- God, like the universe and reality itself, is participatory. There is no other choice, since existence is always on the move, which is why I’m fond of saying that God is a verb, not a noun.

AND long here, all the Christians that now adhere finally to the same idea:
https://progressivechristianity.org/tcpc-weekly-liturgy/god-is-a-verb/

:w00t:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
You may call it as you want, but pantheism is just ''sexed-up atheism'' according to leading atheists themselves. Indeed, both are equally idolatrous, more idolatrous than polytheism. The religion of Simon Magus is just the opposite of the one of Jesus Christ.

leomoon

You may call it as you want, but pantheism is just ''sexed-up atheism'' according to leading atheists themselves. Indeed, both are equally idolatrous, more idolatrous than polytheism. The religion of Simon Magus is just the opposite of the one of Jesus Christ.

All superstitious nonsense, imo. :whistling: To each their own poison, I always say.

I prefer Science first.