Giving birth next month, pluto and south node scaries

hra369

Hi All,

I have my south node in my 5th and I am afraid am going to be a terrible mother. I also have pluto going back and forth on my midheaven and besides my business (restaurant) being opened and closed (death/ rebirth) during this pandemic several times, I'm afraid of any signs pointing towards complications during labor for me or baby. Please read my chart and see if there is anything favorable? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 7.37.17 PM.jpg

thelivingsky

Your natal T-square with the Moon opposite Mars and square all those Capricorn planets suggests a very unsatisfying relationship with your own mother or early caregivers. That may be the source of your feelings of inadequacy about mothering your own child. This would be the time to work on healing any issues you harbor from that relationship. The fact that your nodes are in this configuration make sit all the more significant.

Usually what I have seen is that when someone has a planet on their S. Node they have a much harder time getting out of the comfort zone that the S. Node represents and thus developing the N.Node qualities and talents that need to be acquired.

Your H5 ruler is the Sun which has nice aspects, so you will likely have a really positive experience with your children.

The Pluto transit over your MC does coincide with the need to change your way of being in the community, a big change in your public image. But it does not imply anything negative for your child or your health. It may just be a marker for the change in your role from business woman to parent, and/ or it may require a completely new way of doing business.

The transiting Nodes will cross your Nodal axis in July and that should mark a turning point.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

hra369

Dear Barb,

Thank you so much for your reply. I can relate to your interpretation of Pluto and the MC as this month I have joined two community based groups that involve my business and I feel the transition from physically being in the restaurant, running operations - to evolving on a larger scale of service to the community and also the transition into motherhood. Thank you for putting my discomforts at ease about the death side of Pluto.

What you have pointed out about my own upbringing is right on, I hadn't had thought of that before, even though I do still struggle with with my relationship to my mother. It is a very disconnected energy.

Thanks again for your time to interpret my chart!

waybread

Please do not work yourself up into such a state.

Forget about your chart for a moment. For what possible reasons would you objectively think of yourself as likely to be a horrible mother? Covid has a lot of us feeling more anxious than usual, but the "horrible mother" trope is extreme.

Are you taking any classes (on line) on childbirth? Is the baby's dad on-side or do you have a good friend or female relative to be with you? Did you have prior experience with babies, perhaps with your own children or via younger siblings or baby-sitting?

Pluto isn't the death star. It may metaphorically kill things off in your life that are metaphorically dead or dying, but it always promises rebirth.

The south node in modern western astrology is simply your comfort zone. Where things normally go well for you. If anything, I would imagine this placement would be helpful. Your SN is further sextiled by your natal Pluto -Venus and trined by Neptune. That's helpful.

I have two adult children and one grandson. I firmly believe that what children need most is unconditional love; and as they get a bit older, discipline that is firm but fair. You have these to give.

katydid

Hi All,

I have my south node in my 5th and I am afraid am going to be a terrible mother. I also have pluto going back and forth on my midheaven and besides my business (restaurant) being opened and closed (death/ rebirth) during this pandemic several times, I'm afraid of any signs pointing towards complications during labor for me or baby. Please read my chart and see if there is anything favorable? Thank you!

View attachment 87543

Having the South Node in the 5th does not meAn you would be a terrible mother.
My own Mom has the So Node in Libra in her 5th, and she is a wonderful mom. :innocent:

Your 5th house is just fine. The Sun rules your 5th, and it has a lovely applying Sextile with your Libran Moon, and a Trine with an exalted Mars in Aries. You will be enthusiastic, actively engaged in motherhood, and very devoted.

Your Moon /Mars opposition may be what is making you anxious about motherhood. Was your Mom difficult and hard to deal with at times? The T-square to Neptune from your Moon/Mars says that you may have a hard time seeing your Mom and your childhood clearly. There may have been some emotional chaos and it makes you worry that your child would experience the same patterns of instability and uncertainty that you endured growing up?

I think you are much more responsible and stable than you even realise. :love:

hra369

Please do not work yourself up into such a state.

Forget about your chart for a moment. For what possible reasons would you objectively think of yourself as likely to be a horrible mother? Covid has a lot of us feeling more anxious than usual, but the "horrible mother" trope is extreme.

Are you taking any classes (on line) on childbirth? Is the baby's dad on-side or do you have a good friend or female relative to be with you? Did you have prior experience with babies, perhaps with your own children or via younger siblings or baby-sitting?

Pluto isn't the death star. It may metaphorically kill things off in your life that are metaphorically dead or dying, but it always promises rebirth.

The south node in modern western astrology is simply your comfort zone. Where things normally go well for you. If anything, I would imagine this placement would be helpful. Your SN is further sextiled by your natal Pluto -Venus and trined by Neptune. That's helpful.

I have two adult children and one grandson. I firmly believe that what children need most is unconditional love; and as they get a bit older, discipline that is firm but fair. You have these to give.

Thank you for your uplifting and compassionate advice. I tend to be hard on myself and I did read that south node in the 5th according to hellenistic astrology was as sign of barren or unfavorable for children so I was putting all my eggs in that basket (which I shouldn't have!) I defiantly am way more anxious and nervous then I usually am with the circumstances so your right that was pretty extreme to say. My husband and I have a very loving relationship, he is super supportive we have taken hypnobirthing classes, first day at home child birth classes and breast feeding classes. We are excited! I lately have been so focused on the negative that I have not given myself credit for any of that.

Thanks again for your kind response :)

hra369

Having the South Node in the 5th does not meAn you would be a terrible mother.
My own Mom has the So Node in Libra in her 5th, and she is a wonderful mom. :innocent:

Your 5th house is just fine. The Sun rules your 5th, and it has a lovely applying Sextile with your Libran Moon, and a Trine with an exalted Mars in Aries. You will be enthusiastic, actively engaged in motherhood, and very devoted.

Your Moon /Mars opposition may be what is making you anxious about motherhood. Was your Mom difficult and hard to deal with at times? The T-square to Neptune from your Moon/Mars says that you may have a hard time seeing your Mom and your childhood clearly. There may have been some emotional chaos and it makes you worry that your child would experience the same patterns of instability and uncertainty that you endured growing up?

I think you are much more responsible and stable than you even realize. :love:

Thank you! I have not been able to see these things in my chart, this is so helpful and makes me feel way more positive then I have been. :happy:

My own relationship with my mother in childhood is way foggy. I do not remember details or much. She always thought there was something wrong with me so she medicated me heavily which when I got older was something I had a traumatic time overcoming. We are friendly towards each other but very different personalities so we clash. My whole childhood is foggy actually which makes alot of sense if Neptune is involved.