Generational trauma: Have had a few traumatising experiences this year, and somehow f

Soulstice

Account Closed
Hi :) The last years - or maybe let's say me whole life - hasn't exactly been a walk in the park. In these last months in 2020 (let's say starting from April-May or so) I've experienced quite a few traumatic experiences, on multiple domains in my life, but all relating to the notion I have of myself (and inner child), my parents, my family, ... my roots I think.

During the summertime I felt a strong presence of both my grandmother (godmother) and grandfather (godfather), both of whom I didn't really have much contact with when they were alive. It was a presence I couldn't ignore, however, and it fascinates me. I am now wondering if I am carrying some of their trauma, and wonder what specifically, and am also looking at what the cause of all my sadness could be. At the moment, I am overwhelmed by a sadness that seems bigger than myself, and unsurmountable to digest.

Below you'll find our separate charts. Let me know if it needs to be a different chart ;-) Thank you so much in advance

My chart: https://imgur.com/DKfEL4z
Grandmother´s chart: https://imgur.com/y3FdqsV
Grandfather´s chart: https://imgur.com/AinZaNX

waybread

In some traditions that probably have their roots in a pre-Christian era, the days approaching the winter solstice (soul-stice) are a time when we naturally reminisce about our ancestors. The veil between our world and theirs thins out a little.

I think you are naturally inclined towards some sort of mystical connection with your forebears, with Neptune on your IC. The 4th house symbolizes one's ancestral roots, and then both parents and grandparents are tied up in the MC-IC axis.

Chiron deals with those wounds (emotional or physical) that do not heal. But if we stay open to them we gain in wisdom and compassion. Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto in Capricorn have been squaring your natal Chiron; and recently running over your IC.

I have Jupiter in Capricorn in the 4th house natally, and it's been interesting-- if difficult-- to experience transiting Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto running over it. It does seem to bring up a lot of sadness regarding my past.

katydid

Here is an interesting article on "Generational Trauma' :

http://www.thedarkpixieastrology.co...-family-secrets-by-planet-and-house-placement

Generational Astrology In the Natal Chart: Decoding Family Secrets By Planet and House Placement

Followers of western astrology are aware of the outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto) and the generational influences they contribute to the natal chart. Plutonic energy, for example, rules transformation and destruction but it also unites a specific segment of the population. People born during the same period of time share universal experiences through music, politics, current events, social change, and lifestyle trends. Therefore, each Pluto generation creates upheaval to patterns established by the previous generation and eventually their structure will be overturned by future Pluto generations. Pluto’s influence in the natal chart is a generalized example of generational astrology. Many astrologers are knowledgeable about the impact of outer planets on generations of people but there is also an individual aspect to generational astrology that weaves through family interactions. The natal chart can be analyzed to reveal family secrets.

Astrologers often use the natal chart as a way to decode family dynamics and skeletons in the closet. Paying close attention to the placement of inner and outer planets as well as the houses representing family members and themes will provide clues to the chart holder’s family history. Aspects also need to be considered as sometimes challenging ones plague generations of families; i.e. Sun square Saturn, which could pinpoint a generational pattern of father/son self-esteem issues or inherited tendencies toward depression throughout a family lineage.

Inner planets in a natal chart will reveal family values throughout the generations as well as parents’ and grandparents’ identity roles relating to the chart holder. The Sun in the natal chart represents the parent’s ego and self-truth. The natal Moon placement indicates a parent’s prenatal attachment to the baby, their parenting styles and attitudes, and can even explain how the grandparents of the baby processed emotions during the parent’s childhood. Mercury placement in the natal chart represents extended family relationships and the family’s oral history. Venus indicates the family’s social background through different generations. Mars connotes family boundaries, anger, and sexual attitudes.

Outer planets are indicative of the family’s generational legacies regarding psychological health and behavioral choices. Jupiter will show a family’s propensity toward addiction as well as their religious practices.

The grandparents of the chart holder are exhibited by the chart holder’s Saturn placement. Uranus indicates the way the parents conducted their personal lives prior to conceiving the chart holder. Neptune in the natal chart evinces both physical health and behavioral health issues (particularly passed through the family). Pluto in the natal chart manifests as family survival.

Transforming And Healing Trauma Through Astrology

Trauma signatures in natal astrology are both generational and individual in nature. The placement of Uranus in natal astrology is one of the primary keys to unlocking an individual’s trauma signature. By way of example, I share Uranus in Scorpio with everyone else on planet Earth that was born in the approximate time bracket of the years 1975 through 1981 (aside from a brief period of Uranus in Libra in summer 1975 and a brief period of Uranus in Sagittarius in winter 1981), though the house placement varies tellingly by individual.

For the Uranus in Scorpio generation, our shared generational trauma relates to huge violations of trust and betrayal, large scale battles of will between people, power struggles in relationships, alternating periods of power versus powerlessness, challenges to our preexisting limitations, emotional and sexual abuse often in early childhood and a powerfully subconscious perceived lack of safety. When I take a mental scan of my friends and peers born under this Uranus in Scorpio transit, the proof is in the pudding.

I do not believe that we have these shared generational traumas as some kind of cosmic punitive measure. My personal belief is that individuals incarnate at specific points in time in order to work through, heal and transcend generational trauma, in addition to healing trauma that is more individual in nature. Once I have understood the Uranus generational placement in a person’s chart, I look at the house placement of Uranus. From there, other keys to understanding and constellating trauma in the natal chart include understanding the implications of any planets in the eleventh house, certain Virgo and Scorpio “crisis points,” planets and points in Aquarius, squares to the lunar nodes, planets conjuncting the lunar nodes, Antiscia shadow points, Sabian and Chandra symbols for key planets and points, and challenging aspects to Uranus, Pluto and the lunar nodes.

These keys to conscious awareness of the path to liberation can be identified in a single astrology session or the layers can be revealed and explored through multiple sessions. It is important to note that trauma is only one expression of what we hold in the recesses of our subconscious memories. The polarity point of trauma is a reconnection to our bodies and a recommitment to ourselves. The proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is unearthing a commitment to living with a genuine sense of joy, hope and childlike wonder. It is a process, but the rewards are life transforming.

https://badbitchrecords.com/three-women-blog/transforming-and-healing-trauma-through-astrology

Last edited:

Soulstice

Account Closed
In some traditions that probably have their roots in a pre-Christian era, the days approaching the winter solstice (soul-stice) are a time when we naturally reminisce about our ancestors. The veil between our world and theirs thins out a little.

I think you are naturally inclined towards some sort of mystical connection with your forebears, with Neptune on your IC. The 4th house symbolizes one's ancestral roots, and then both parents and grandparents are tied up in the MC-IC axis.

Chiron deals with those wounds (emotional or physical) that do not heal. But if we stay open to them we gain in wisdom and compassion. Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto in Capricorn have been squaring your natal Chiron; and recently running over your IC.

I have Jupiter in Capricorn in the 4th house natally, and it's been interesting-- if difficult-- to experience transiting Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto running over it. It does seem to bring up a lot of sadness regarding my past.

Thank you for getting back to me. It makes sense when you mention there's a certain transition with Saturn, Pluto and Chiron. How do you deal with the sadness? Does it also seem unsurmountable to you? For me, it's like an excruciating pain, it haunts me day and night.

Soulstice

Account Closed
Here is an interesting article on "Generational Trauma' :

http://www.thedarkpixieastrology.co...-family-secrets-by-planet-and-house-placement

Generational Astrology In the Natal Chart: Decoding Family Secrets By Planet and House Placement

Followers of western astrology are aware of the outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto) and the generational influences they contribute to the natal chart. Plutonic energy, for example, rules transformation and destruction but it also unites a specific segment of the population. People born during the same period of time share universal experiences through music, politics, current events, social change, and lifestyle trends. Therefore, each Pluto generation creates upheaval to patterns established by the previous generation and eventually their structure will be overturned by future Pluto generations. Pluto’s influence in the natal chart is a generalized example of generational astrology. Many astrologers are knowledgeable about the impact of outer planets on generations of people but there is also an individual aspect to generational astrology that weaves through family interactions. The natal chart can be analyzed to reveal family secrets.

Astrologers often use the natal chart as a way to decode family dynamics and skeletons in the closet. Paying close attention to the placement of inner and outer planets as well as the houses representing family members and themes will provide clues to the chart holder’s family history. Aspects also need to be considered as sometimes challenging ones plague generations of families; i.e. Sun square Saturn, which could pinpoint a generational pattern of father/son self-esteem issues or inherited tendencies toward depression throughout a family lineage.

Inner planets in a natal chart will reveal family values throughout the generations as well as parents’ and grandparents’ identity roles relating to the chart holder. The Sun in the natal chart represents the parent’s ego and self-truth. The natal Moon placement indicates a parent’s prenatal attachment to the baby, their parenting styles and attitudes, and can even explain how the grandparents of the baby processed emotions during the parent’s childhood. Mercury placement in the natal chart represents extended family relationships and the family’s oral history. Venus indicates the family’s social background through different generations. Mars connotes family boundaries, anger, and sexual attitudes.

Outer planets are indicative of the family’s generational legacies regarding psychological health and behavioral choices. Jupiter will show a family’s propensity toward addiction as well as their religious practices.

The grandparents of the chart holder are exhibited by the chart holder’s Saturn placement. Uranus indicates the way the parents conducted their personal lives prior to conceiving the chart holder. Neptune in the natal chart evinces both physical health and behavioral health issues (particularly passed through the family). Pluto in the natal chart manifests as family survival.

Transforming And Healing Trauma Through Astrology

Trauma signatures in natal astrology are both generational and individual in nature. The placement of Uranus in natal astrology is one of the primary keys to unlocking an individual’s trauma signature. By way of example, I share Uranus in Scorpio with everyone else on planet Earth that was born in the approximate time bracket of the years 1975 through 1981 (aside from a brief period of Uranus in Libra in summer 1975 and a brief period of Uranus in Sagittarius in winter 1981), though the house placement varies tellingly by individual.

For the Uranus in Scorpio generation, our shared generational trauma relates to huge violations of trust and betrayal, large scale battles of will between people, power struggles in relationships, alternating periods of power versus powerlessness, challenges to our preexisting limitations, emotional and sexual abuse often in early childhood and a powerfully subconscious perceived lack of safety. When I take a mental scan of my friends and peers born under this Uranus in Scorpio transit, the proof is in the pudding.

I do not believe that we have these shared generational traumas as some kind of cosmic punitive measure. My personal belief is that individuals incarnate at specific points in time in order to work through, heal and transcend generational trauma, in addition to healing trauma that is more individual in nature. Once I have understood the Uranus generational placement in a person’s chart, I look at the house placement of Uranus. From there, other keys to understanding and constellating trauma in the natal chart include understanding the implications of any planets in the eleventh house, certain Virgo and Scorpio “crisis points,” planets and points in Aquarius, squares to the lunar nodes, planets conjuncting the lunar nodes, Antiscia shadow points, Sabian and Chandra symbols for key planets and points, and challenging aspects to Uranus, Pluto and the lunar nodes.

These keys to conscious awareness of the path to liberation can be identified in a single astrology session or the layers can be revealed and explored through multiple sessions. It is important to note that trauma is only one expression of what we hold in the recesses of our subconscious memories. The polarity point of trauma is a reconnection to our bodies and a recommitment to ourselves. The proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is unearthing a commitment to living with a genuine sense of joy, hope and childlike wonder. It is a process, but the rewards are life transforming.

https://badbitchrecords.com/three-women-blog/transforming-and-healing-trauma-through-astrology

Very interesting, thank you for posting this! Both me and my parents (I have no siblings) are Leo Moon ... I find that interesting!

waybread

Soulstice,

I wish I had a better answer for you. With your natal moon square Pluto and sun square Saturn, I think you are likely to take emotional wounds to heart. They're kind of baked into your horoscope.

What I don't recommend is simply trying to stuff and suppress the sadness that you are feeling. Just give yourself permission during your private time, to own it and experience it. There was a saying in some human potential workshops I once did, that "what you resist, persists." If you need to cry, find a time and place where you can do that.

Here's what I suggest:

Do what you can to honor your ancestors. Take up family history/genealogy. Learn about the cultures they came from. There are good websites and professional services available. Notably the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons.) It's OK-- no missionaries will call if you just use their data base.

Light candles in your ancestors' memories during the winter solstice.

Ask your parents and other senior relatives, if available, what they remember about your grandparents and their grandparents.

When I did this and was able to construct a lot of horoscopes, I found that sun-Pluto contacts run in my family for 5 generations.

What gets your mind into a supportive place? A walk in a nature preserve? Your favorite music?

I am not conventionally religious. As a senior I have lived much more of my life than I will have in the future. But sometimes I get a glimpse of what I would describe as God's plan. Decisions and experiences I deeply regret, in hindsight, probably turned out for the best; or at least opened up new options that were beneficial. Possibly you will see this in your own life.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

And this thread brought up antiscia in astrology, here's an article about antiscia and what signs interfere with each other.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/ivccn_article201222_e.htm

The Antiscia of zodiac signs:
Capricorn-Sagittarius (Winter solstice in northern hemisphere).
Aquarius-Scorpio (my sun/moon sign in Aquarius).
Pisces-Libra.
Aries-Virgo.
Taurus-Leo.
Gemini-Cancer (Summer solstice in southern hemisphere).

As an Aquarius but of partial Cherokee/Osage descent, November with the date 16th (my birthday is Feb 15th) is when in 1907, Oklahoma forcibly became an US state, and the date is under the sun sign Scorpio, a bad historic memorial day for the Cherokee and Osage nations in what was Indian territory, 1838-1907.