Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:03 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Turkey coup

Turkey coup: military attempt to seize power from Erdogan as low flying jets and gunfire heard in Ankara and bridges across Bosphorus in Istanbul closed.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris10 For This Useful Post:
StillOne (07-16-2016)
  #2  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:14 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Re: Turkey coup

All flights from Istanbul's Ataturk Airport have been cancelled.

Turkish soldiers block Istanbul's Bosphorus Brigde in Istanbul, Turkey. Istanbul's bridges across the Bosphorus, the strait separating the European and Asian sides of the city, have been closed to traffic

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris10 For This Useful Post:
Azif (07-15-2016)
  #3  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Turkey coup

Chris - thanks for this pic.

I suggest you contact Unique Astrology and Rahu by msg and ask them about this. For all of our varied Astro learning.

From what I know, very little, but going back around 2013 or so and the big protest of Turks in Istanbul at that park... this has been in the making for a while - the unrest.

So, the Military steps in? That is weird. I am going to call my old Turk friend Altan who lives in So Cal now - he was in the Turkish Army in the 90's. Thanks for the post.

All hell is busting loose all over everywhere.

The Uranian signature.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #4  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:45 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Chris - thanks for this pic.

I suggest you contact Unique Astrology and Rahu by msg and ask them about this. For all of our varied Astro learning.
Good advice Kitchy, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
From what I know, very little, but going back around 2013 or so and the big protest of Turks in Istanbul at that park... this has been in the making for a while - the unrest.

So, the Military steps in? That is weird. I am going to call my old Turk friend Altan who lives in So Cal now - he was in the Turkish Army in the 90's. Thanks for the post.
I also tried to contact friends who are there atm, can't reach them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
All hell is busting loose all over everywhere.

The Uranian signature.
This is Not good for Turkey and Not good for Greece.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
Good advice Kitchy, I will.

I also tried to contact friends who are there atm, can't reach them.

This is Not good for Turkey and Not good for Greece.
You are likely correct.

Altan lives in L.A. , and I left a message for him. I am sure he is very concerned. All of his family lives in Istanbul.

I hope to see if Unique and Rahu offer their thoughts soon. I'll keep posted on this thread. In the meantime, I am going to google some Israeli pages I know - get their take on it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #6  
Unread 07-15-2016, 09:58 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,059
Re: Turkey coup

Here's a live stream of the developments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEmqvVPOX4
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016), katydid (07-15-2016)
  #7  
Unread 07-15-2016, 10:06 PM
Loda41 Loda41 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
You are likely correct.

Altan lives in L.A. , and I left a message for him. I am sure he is very concerned. All of his family lives in Istanbul.

I hope to see if Unique and Rahu offer their thoughts soon. I'll keep posted on this thread. In the meantime, I am going to google some Israeli pages I know - get their take on it.
Very confusing situation. A minority group within the Military whose leader is in the US started the coup. But now the larger military establishment has moved in to stabilize things. However they may end up pushing Ergodan out and creating a new leadership. Nothing is really clear.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loda41 For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016), Kitchy (07-17-2016)
  #8  
Unread 07-15-2016, 10:06 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Turkey coup

CS - "not available in your country" on you tube link. U.S.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #9  
Unread 07-15-2016, 10:11 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
CS - "not available in your country" on you tube link. U.S.
CS posted the link
''Al Jazeera English HD Live Stream''.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-15-2016, 10:15 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,059
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
CS - "not available in your country" on you tube link. U.S.
Try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-16-2016), Kitchy (07-15-2016)
  #11  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:18 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loda41 View Post
Very confusing situation. A minority group within the Military whose leader is in the US started the coup. But now the larger military establishment has moved in to stabilize things. However they may end up pushing Ergodan out and creating a new leadership. Nothing is really clear.

That is why I called my friend Altan - he spoke of this almost a decade ago. He said he was a rock star in Turkey. He is a rockstar to me. I almost wonder if he is part of this plan.

Not so CIA - Kitchy

That man could grill meat that melted in your mouth and tasted good on a cheap BBQ on a boat. He learned that in the Turkish Army, I guess, along with R&R riffs.

Turkey wants to grow and westernize. Get rid of the old. Except some of them don't - and then we have to look at Armenia and Turkey and US in the mix and who Obama will support in this uprising / coup.

When talking about Coups - one should always listen to Warren Zevon - the 1970's was the best times for figuring out coups in history. Syria 2010 too.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rtvp5f1yoU








Kitchy Americana at it's worst best.....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #12  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Azif Azif is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 99
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
All flights from Istanbul's Ataturk Airport have been cancelled.

Turkish soldiers block Istanbul's Bosphorus Brigde in Istanbul, Turkey. Istanbul's bridges across the Bosphorus, the strait separating the European and Asian sides of the city, have been closed to traffic

Chris, believe it or not I was counting on this since last week. Didnīt knew what but it would be in Instanbul and would be huge. Iīll say it: this may be the very beggining of another bloody war. EU will make its move soon but the tension of Brexit wonīt make decisions easy. I assume F Hollande will speak soon and EU will send some troops to Turkey. Meanwhile the refugees will be crushed both in persecution and crossed fire. Note that Turkey government has just received a bunch of million euros from EU to control refugees in Greek sea frontier.. so the Power has money, and now the Army Rebels have the Power. Poor Turkey. Poor Greece. Poor Italy (it will become even more the escape "tunnel"). Italy wonīt be capable of deal with it, EU wonīt help them efficiently and their borders will open pointing France. France, France, France. Thy art is a b.tch. Le Penn rises. Another dawn for those who were seeking for changes by September. Hope this does not mess with the US citizens when the elctions come.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azif For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016), Kitchy (07-15-2016)
  #13  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:23 PM
Mermaid Mermaid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 179
Re: Turkey coup

I wanted to asked about the cuop as well. I wonder the results- especilly for the people? I?ve been living there myself for the last 3 yearsbut I am at the holiday at home right now...my loved ones are there and I am pretty concerned. Has somebody looked at some chart so far??
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Dubyadude1986's Avatar
Dubyadude1986 Dubyadude1986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,309
Re: Turkey coup

A jet is said to have shot down a helicopter that opened fire on the town and 17 Turkish troops are said to have been wounded, per the news.

Their military says they have taken over, the President has put martial law into affect, and their citizens have taken to the streets.

Civil war.

An explosion has struck the parliament in Turkey and the media has been stormed.
__________________
If Steve Cohen can have his LSG, why can't I have mine. lmao.

(I said this over some KFC talking to a friend of mine during something super important..) - Publius

Last edited by Dubyadude1986; 07-15-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dubyadude1986 For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #15  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:29 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azif View Post
Chris, believe it or not I was counting on this since last week. Didnīt knew what but it would be in Instanbul and would be huge. Iīll say it: this may be the very beggining of another bloody war. EU will make its move soon but the tension of Brexit wonīt make decisions easy. I assume F Hollande will speak soon and EU will send some troops to Turkey. Meanwhile the refugees will be crushed both in persecution and crossed fire. Note that Turkey government has just received a bunch of million euros from EU to control refugees in Greek sea frontier.. so the Power has money, and now the Army Rebels have the Power. Poor Turkey. Poor Greece. Poor Italy (it will become even more the escape "tunnel"). Italy wonīt be capable of deal with it, EU wonīt help them efficiently and their borders will open pointing France. France, France, France. Thy art is a b.tch. Le Penn rises. Another dawn for those who were seeking for changes by September. Hope this does not mess with the US citizens when the elctions come.

According to latest news, this coup is over for now.

However, and I hope I'm wrong, this is the start of civil war and more unrest in the area... which will eventually lead to something bigger. I hope I'm wrong, I hope we both are.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris10 For This Useful Post:
Dubyadude1986 (07-15-2016), Mermaid (07-15-2016)
  #16  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Mermaid Mermaid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 179
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
According to latest news, this coup is over for now.

However, and I hope I'm wrong, this is the start of civil war and more unrest in the area... which will eventually lead to something bigger. I hope I'm wrong, I hope we both are.
I agree and I hope we are all wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mermaid For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #17  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Turkey coup

Azif finds himself in the reluctant role of Graham Greene of history of cold war and mideast and U.S. -

all from his beautiful place in the here and there with his scope on the world.

Azif -

you are the brightest star shining in the eastern sky, as far as I am concerned and I value your "i am not an astrologer but i am a seer' skills -

you must have so much aquarian and uranus and saturn - attention to history and truth of a sweet libra asc. who explains it in the ways that the ones wondering or knowing understand.

you are a peacemaker and you love sport and all is always spelled out in cultural and historical divide in sport.

you might be on your way to being a master astrologer.

get in touch with that stellium and pluto in your chart. don't listen exclusively to the ancient ways - you have a "knack" for seeing through the veil.

xoxo Azif.

you may be miles apart in geograpy from Turkey, but you are not miles apart in knowledge.



xoxo - kitchy
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Azif (07-15-2016), chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #18  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:35 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I wanted to asked about the cuop as well. I wonder the results- especilly for the people? I?ve been living there myself for the last 3 yearsbut I am at the holiday at home right now...my loved ones are there and I am pretty concerned. Has somebody looked at some chart so far??
I haven't looked at chart, not really sure about time. According to the news it must have started at sunset.

I think it's over for now. The coup is said to be over and there have even been arrests.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris10 For This Useful Post:
Mermaid (07-15-2016)
  #19  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:36 PM
Azif Azif is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 99
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
According to latest news, this coup is over for now.

However, and I hope I'm wrong, this is the start of civil war and more unrest in the area... which will eventually lead to something bigger. I hope I'm wrong, I hope we both are.
Iīm also watching live news here from Portugal. Thatīs just not to create more panic. Can you possible imagine what a Turkish exodus would mean right know for EU? Total mayhem. But the coup is far from over. Again, IMO.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azif For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016), Kitchy (07-15-2016)
  #20  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:37 PM
Mermaid Mermaid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 179
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
I haven't looked at chart, not really sure about time. According to the news it must have started at sunset.

I think it's over for now. The coup is said to be over and there have even been arrests.
Still some shooting, but mostly over. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mermaid For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #21  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:37 PM
chris10's Avatar
chris10 chris10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise
Posts: 1,323
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubyadude1986 View Post
A jet is said to have shot down a helicopter that opened fire on the town and 17 Turkish troops are said to have been wounded, per the news.

Their military says they have taken over, the President has put martial law into affect, and their citizens have taken to the streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubyadude1986 View Post
Civil war.
....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Azif Azif is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 99
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Azif finds himself in the reluctant role of Graham Greene of history of cold war and mideast and U.S. -

all from his beautiful place in the here and there with his scope on the world.

Azif -

you are the brightest star shining in the eastern sky, as far as I am concerned and I value your "i am not an astrologer but i am a seer' skills -

you must have so much aquarian and uranus and saturn - attention to history and truth of a sweet libra asc. who explains it in the ways that the ones wondering or knowing understand.

you are a peacemaker and you love sport and all is always spelled out in cultural and historical divide in sport.

you might be on your way to being a master astrologer.

get in touch with that stellium and pluto in your chart. don't listen exclusively to the ancient ways - you have a "knack" for seeing through the veil.

xoxo Azif.

you may be miles apart in geograpy from Turkey, but you are not miles apart in knowledge.



xoxo - kitchy

Dear Kitchy, such lovely words. A sincere thank you.
The fact is that I really meant that I am no Astrologer. Thatīs true. But I have my insights and ways of "view" things. Thanks once again.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azif For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #23  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:45 PM
Dubyadude1986's Avatar
Dubyadude1986 Dubyadude1986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,309
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
CS posted the link
''Al Jazeera English HD Live Stream''.
Thanks for the new link.
__________________
If Steve Cohen can have his LSG, why can't I have mine. lmao.

(I said this over some KFC talking to a friend of mine during something super important..) - Publius
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dubyadude1986 For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-15-2016)
  #24  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:45 PM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Turkey coup

Doesn't this sort of thing happen in Turkey a lot?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-16-2016)
  #25  
Unread 07-15-2016, 11:47 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 15,059
Re: Turkey coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubyadude1986 View Post
Thanks for the new link.
Don't know if the U.S can view this one but this seems to be the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxcfhDnD1Q0
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-16-2016), Dubyadude1986 (07-15-2016)
Reply

Tags
coup, turkey

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Đ 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.