School is really stressing me out! How will this semester turn out?

Doodleloo

School has really been stressing me out. I feel like I'm behind on everything and have no time for myself :sad:
Will this semester go fine?

I see I'm in my own house been seen by jupiter, mercury and the moon, which is good. But that moon close to the sun makes me really nervous...

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 36

waybread

I assume you are a college/university student. If you are still in high school, then please just talk to your guidance counselor.

I don't see a lot of promise here. The moon (your stake in the matter and ruler of the 9th house of higher education) is VOC and separating from a square with Mars, suggesting you've sort of given up on your studies. You feel powerless to act.

Speaking as a former/retired academic, I would suggest you speak to your professors and/or academic advisor about your prognosis for this term if nothing substantial really changes for you. Is it an option for you to withdraw for the remainder of the term, until you figure out why you are in school and whether you are in the right field of study? If you are going to pass your courses with good grades, that's super; but if not, it's better to take an official break (vs. failing) until you can wrap your head around why you are in school.

Last edited:

Doodleloo

School has been stressing me out, but I have not been doing poorly in my studies. Also, I don't know if you picked this off of the chart or have been looking at past posts, but I am currently figuring out what specifically interests me, but it's not like I hate my current major, so to graduate on time I'm going to keep with it. I have 0 intentions on dropping out.

waybread

I haven't been looking at your past posts. I read your OP and looked at this chart.

Hey, school is often stressful. Often it leaves little time for students' personal lives. Students typically feel they have too much work and too little time.

Nu....?

Doodleloo

I just want this semester to go well. I've learned that, even if you put in the effort in academics, things can still not go your way. I'm not doing terrible, but I'm not where I really want to be.

Doodleloo

There's no way I can change my major this semester (as all the requirements to declare another major/minor I have not fulfilled yet as I haven't taken all the required classes), but I am currently exploring a double major or a minor in something.

Doodleloo

I have some health issues. And lately all the time I've either been anxious or sad (but that might be a result of the stress). Not to mention, ever since January, I've been having this identity crisis on what I actually want to do for a career and do research on.

waybread

As I posted previously,

...I would suggest you speak to your professors and/or academic advisor about your prognosis for this term if nothing substantial really changes for you. Is it an option for you to withdraw for the remainder of the term, until you figure out why you are in school and whether you are in the right field of study? If you are going to pass your courses with good grades, that's super; but if not, it's better to take an official break (vs. failing) until you can wrap your head around why you are in school.
It's great if you're keeping up your grades despite the emotional toll, but it just sounds like you need to take a breather, count to 10, consult with some knowledgeable folks, and then see whether this is the right time for you to be in school. Or the right major.

Most universities will also have counseling and career services, that you can avail yourself of by virtue of being a student. Maybe these offices, plus your academic advisor, would be good places to start.

Being a student is normally stressful, but this should also be one of the good times of your life. If it's not, maybe it's time to wait till you know why you're in school.

I don't know what is your major, but it is very common for some of the students who start out in one of the professional programs (sometimes due to parental influence,) to switch to a field more to their liking.

What is it that you really enjoy studying?

tikana

There's no way I can change my major this semester (as all the requirements to declare another major/minor I have not fulfilled yet as I haven't taken all the required classes), but I am currently exploring a double major or a minor in something.

that explains the dual sign on 9th :)

Doodleloo

As I posted previously,

It's great if you're keeping up your grades despite the emotional toll, but it just sounds like you need to take a breather, count to 10, consult with some knowledgeable folks, and then see whether this is the right time for you to be in school. Or the right major.

Most universities will also have counseling and career services, that you can avail yourself of by virtue of being a student. Maybe these offices, plus your academic advisor, would be good places to start.

Being a student is normally stressful, but this should also be one of the good times of your life. If it's not, maybe it's time to wait till you know why you're in school.

I don't know what is your major, but it is very common for some of the students who start out in one of the professional programs (sometimes due to parental influence,) to switch to a field more to their liking.

What is it that you really enjoy studying?

If I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't be experiencing nearly as much stress as much as I am now.

tikana

D

i feel ur pain... asking yourself what you love to study is absurd.. your job is to shot down your emotions, become a robot, an just pass the classes and get the eff out.

school counselors are waste of time and energy.

T

Doodleloo

I have had very bad experiences with advisors and the such. They are underwhelming and incompetent, always underestimating me as well. I am better off searching on my own.

I don't know what I love right now, which is what I'm trying to figure out before it's too late. Anyone who thinks that, because I'm "young", there's enough time knows nothing, especially about students in pure science fields. Knowing in advance is a clear-cut advantage that I didn't get. You miss out on a lot of credibility and the ability to apply for programs that can help out your application in advance.

Last edited:

tikana

same here

9 out of 10 they dont know what the hell they are talking about.

here is something else

last year i took 13 classes
out of 13 ... only 7 where i learned something new
out of 7 ---maybe 2 classes will come to use

it's useless

okay here is where you are wrong
when you have a grasp on multiple subjcts mixed with pure science .. it CAN help! i was talking to nasa ppl last year they came to my old school.. they were looking for geology mixed with comp science ppl

Doodleloo

Usually where I'm from, pure science means "biology, chemistry, or physics". Except physics can kind of bend more than bio or chem.