Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-08-2015, 04:51 AM
ariescancer ariescancer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Do asteroid aspects matter

Pallas is probably the most well placed body in my chart and I wonder if that has any positive effect on me or if asteroids even matter. There isn't much info on aspects to asteroids. But as I can see I have Pallas sextile Jupiter , trine Uranus, and semi-sextile moon. It is the only trine in my chart (other than vesta trine Juno, 2 other asteroids) and the only positive aspect to the moon and Jupiter, so I would hope Pallas acts as a saving grace for me. Does anyone else have aspects to asteroids?

Pallas is in Taurus 10th house sextile Jupiter in cancer 12th house
Trine Uranus in Capricorn 6th house
Semi-sextile moon in Aries 9th house


Last edited by ariescancer; 07-08-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-08-2015, 05:11 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

There are millions of asteroids out there. Literally. So if you want to count them, everyone has aspects to asteroids.

Some astrologers use them, some don't. So I guess it's up to you. I don't use them so I have no idea what Pallas in aspect to the moon or Jupiter would mean. If you do know, then does it apply to your life so far? I think working with them would help you to test them out, and see which ones have value to you, if any of them do.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-08-2015, 11:59 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

For the most part, I've heard of major asteroids mostly being used for synastry, particularly Juno. I have a pet theory that while Mars and Venus are the gender conformists, Mercury and Pallas are the gender nonconformists, but I do not have much at this point to back it up and would not be sure what that means in relation to yours.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

According to the author Martha Lang-Wescott of the book 'Mechanics of the Future - Asteroids' you use asteroids "when you expect much more precision from astrology than you're currently getting."

Is Pallas direct or retograde in your chart? Tenth house is a strong placement and worth digging deeper, imo.

Moondance
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-08-2015, 02:12 PM
ariescancer ariescancer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancing View Post
According to the author Martha Lang-Wescott of the book 'Mechanics of the Future - Asteroids' you use asteroids "when you expect much more precision from astrology than you're currently getting."

Is Pallas direct or retograde in your chart? Tenth house is a strong placement and worth digging deeper, imo.

Moondance
It is direct. Also quintile Venus just realized. With an orb over 1 degree though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Pallas is about seeking approval, in the 10th, wanting to be liked in a professional capacity. Or doing work in the hopes of being noticed by authoritative figures. There is an affinity with it's ruler Venus and their desire for relationship and with Taurus' ambitious needs. Jupiter aspect shows using your skills of goodwill, trying to please, being helpful and good nature to gain approval.

Uranus is about being different, exciting, ect. but I believe Pallas, and especially in Taurus ruled by Venus, is more about being accommodating than to appear unusual. Shows an ability in Uranian tasks (computers, astrology, etc.)

If that Venus quintile is effective it would strengthen your ability to see patterns and structures in relationships or in your work to solve problems. Financial planning would be a strength.

If Taurus does not rule your 10th then the sign, planet and aspects on the 10th need to be considered in fully determining you career needs. Also, other astroids in aspect to Pallas (the author Wescott recommends 35) need to be considered. To see how Pallas effected past important career events, look at those past dates and see if transits were making an aspect to your natal Pallas. You may want to keep it as an important point to watch in future transits.

This is just a simple snapshot of an asteroid.

Moondance
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-09-2015, 01:45 AM
ariescancer ariescancer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancing View Post
Pallas is about seeking approval, in the 10th, wanting to be liked in a professional capacity. Or doing work in the hopes of being noticed by authoritative figures. There is an affinity with it's ruler Venus and their desire for relationship and with Taurus' ambitious needs. Jupiter aspect shows using your skills of goodwill, trying to please, being helpful and good nature to gain approval.

Uranus is about being different, exciting, ect. but I believe Pallas, and especially in Taurus ruled by Venus, is more about being accommodating than to appear unusual. Shows an ability in Uranian tasks (computers, astrology, etc.)

If that Venus quintile is effective it would strengthen your ability to see patterns and structures in relationships or in your work to solve problems. Financial planning would be a strength.

If Taurus does not rule your 10th then the sign, planet and aspects on the 10th need to be considered in fully determining you career needs. Also, other astroids in aspect to Pallas (the author Wescott recommends 35) need to be considered. To see how Pallas effected past important career events, look at those past dates and see if transits were making an aspect to your natal Pallas. You may want to keep it as an important point to watch in future transits.

This is just a simple snapshot of an asteroid.

Moondance
That sounds like me. I've always been a habitual people pleaser and tend to be too much of a doormat, afraid to speak my mind for fear I offend people.

Any info on moon semi sextile Pallas? My guess is it has to do with the need to feel approved of?

Last edited by ariescancer; 07-09-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariescancer View Post
That sounds like me. I've always been a habitual people pleaser and tend to be too much of a doormat, afraid to speak my mind for fear I offend people.
There is that side of people pleasing, you can feel resentful. The origins of this habit is having to 'work for' approval from the father. You learn to make personal adjustments in order to get along.

Quote:
Any info on moon semi sextile Pallas? My guess is it has to do with the need to feel approved of?
No, it's a minor aspect as is the quintile and the affect would be minimal.

Best of luck,

Moondance
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Added thought, Taurus on 10th cusp is no pushover. You can make good money with people pleasing skills, just throw our the doormat. :-) What sign is on your asc.?

Moondance

Last edited by Moondancing; 07-09-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-10-2015, 01:13 AM
ariescancer ariescancer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancing View Post
Added thought, Taurus on 10th cusp is no pushover. You can make good money with people pleasing skills, just throw our the doormat. :-) What sign is on your asc.?

Moondance
Actually I think Aries is on the 10th cusp. I have a cancer Asc

Last edited by ariescancer; 07-10-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 07-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Lucypur Lucypur is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 34
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Pallas is the asteroid of patterns and rules astronomy.
One of the most important aspects to have is Sun/Pallas.
A person with pallas aspects could have the gift of reading astrology.
It helps you to see patterns that others would not be able to read.

I have a chart with strong pallas aspects.

Pallas conjunct MC in Virgo.
Pallas in the 10th House.
Pallas quincunx Saturn.
Pallas trine Sun.

In the declination pallas aspects the sun and chiron.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 07-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Wescott has a page on Pallas but this quote is significant to your thoughts;

"Pallas is a strategy of presentation; it's had to take a great many variables into consideration in order to come up with a plan and effect that would win. The 'canniness' or resourcefulness that one develops in order to please the father becomes and ability to 'read' situations and people in adult life and adapt to the needs of the situation."

Pallas is in Aquarius in my 4th house and I've turned my people pleasing skills into cleaning people's home and businesses with great success. Pallas is not aspected by any of my natal planets but it's co-ruler Uranus is in my 9th house. Astrology is a passion for me. And even in my 60's I can still feel that pull to do things to gain my parents attention and respect.

Moondance

Last edited by Moondancing; 07-12-2015 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 07-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariescancer View Post
Actually I think Aries is on the 10th cusp. I have a cancer Asc
Cancer would be sensitive to the idea of people using them. But Taurus does not let people walk on them unless there is something to be gained, imo.

Hope this has helped you understand Pallas in your chart. Astrology is all about understanding yourself better and I believe asteroids are a strong part in that goal.

Moondance
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 07-11-2015, 11:21 PM
ariescancer ariescancer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancing View Post
Cancer would be sensitive to the idea of people using them. But Taurus does not let people walk on them unless there is something to be gained, imo.

Hope this has helped you understand Pallas in your chart. Astrology is all about understanding yourself better and I believe asteroids are a strong part in that goal.

Moondance
Thank you for interpreting my Pallas in Taurus. I've ignored asteroids for so long and am just now realizing what they have to tell me about myself.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 07-11-2015, 11:32 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,358
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

I use asteroids on occasion.

As Oddity noted, there are thousands of them out there. Each planet in a degree would have hundreds of asteroids conjunct it at the same degree, never mind even a conservative orb. So we have to be careful not to use so many asteroids with so many aspects that we make the chart mean whatever we wish it to mean.

I use only the conjunction.

Asteroids are too small to cast an orb. Angles and other sensitive points cast no orb. I will use a conservative orb for a planet conjunct an asteroid of interest.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Bunraku (07-11-2015)
  #16  
Unread 07-12-2015, 01:48 AM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Studying asteroids with my chart has strengthened my understanding of myself and my life and I have found Wescott's book an excellent teacher. As I said in an earlier post, she lists about 39 asteroids not thousands. Still a lot to add to an already remarkable system.

Moondance
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 07-12-2015, 03:09 AM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancing View Post

Pallas is in Aquarius in my 4th house and I've turned my people pleasing skills into cleaning people's home and businesses with great success. Pallas is not aspected by any of my natal planets but it's co-ruler Uranus is in my 9th house. Astrology is a passion for me. And even in my 60's I can still feel that pull to do things to gain my parents attention and respect.

Moondance
Need to make a correction, it is the asteroid Minerva that conj. my MH and opposes Moon in 4th that manifests my people pleasing skills.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-12-2015, 07:03 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,358
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

I looked up the Wescott book at amazon.com. It seems to be out of print, but available from used book sellers.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I looked up the Wescott book at amazon.com. It seems to be out of print, but available from used book sellers.
From the Astrology Center of America:

Comment: After some initial doubts, we confess to be highly impressed by Lang-Wescott's work. This is an intense, highly intelligent book that covers both asteroids & Uranian/Transneptunian planets in natal charts, diurnal charts, solar returns, composites & lots more with hundreds of practical tips & suggestions. If you're tired of simplistic books, give this one a try. Martha sees asteroids (some 39, including the big 4) as quite independent & varied. They have distinct, colorful personalities & interact in surprising ways, both with each other & with planets, angles & transneptunians. By far the best asteroid writing available - years ahead of everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 07-12-2015, 12:06 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 60,950
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

As Oddity comments, there are literally millions of asteroids out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post

There are millions of asteroids out there. Literally.
So if you want to count them, everyone has aspects to asteroids.

Some astrologers use them, some don't. So I guess it's up to you.
I don't use them so I have no idea what Pallas in aspect to the moon or Jupiter would mean.
If you do know, then does it apply to your life so far?
I think working with them would help you to test them out, and see which ones have value to you, if any of them do.

As far as how many asteroids there are
well, if you only consider those larger than 100 meters orbiting within the inner Solar System,

there are over one hundred and fifty million asteroids

Count smaller ones and you get even more.
and so
that natal chart is starting to feel a little crowded http://www.universetoday.com/97571/h...are-out-there/
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 07-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
As Oddity comments, there are literally millions of asteroids out there


As far as how many asteroids there are
well, if you only consider those larger than 100 meters orbiting within the inner Solar System,

there are over one hundred and fifty million asteroids

Count smaller ones and you get even more.
and so
that natal chart is starting to feel a little crowded http://www.universetoday.com/97571/h...are-out-there/
If we learn anything in astrology it's that little things matter. :-)

"Too much work? If you're even an intermediate student in astrology, you've already spent enough time and enough hours to have earned a doctorate in almost any other field. You're willing to spend long days calculating charts and cross-checking references to verify the indications for a single event. You're use to working like a horse (and being rode hard and put away wet for your efforts!) You have already spent an absurd number of hours, days, weeks, and years to acquire a level of expertise. You've made long-term, passionate commitment to the truth (s) that astrology makes available. Why stop now?"

Martha Lang-Wescott

Last edited by Moondancing; 07-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moondancing For This Useful Post:
waybread (07-12-2015)
  #22  
Unread 07-12-2015, 12:20 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 60,950
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancing View Post


If we learn anything in astrology it's that little things matter. :-)

"Too much work? If you're even an intermediate student in astrology, you've already spent enough time and enough hours to have earned a doctorate in almost any other field.
You're willing to spend long days calculating charts and cross-checking references to verify the indications for a single event.
You're use to working like a horse (and being rode hard and put away wet for your efforts!)
You have already spent an absurd number of hours, days, weeks, and years to acquire a level of expertise.
You've made long-term, passionate commitment to the truth (s) that astrology makes available.
Why stop now?" Martha Lang-Wescott

Plenty of research material there then ~ for those who are interested
as there are more than one hundred and fifty million of those little things in the form of asteroids to research
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 07-12-2015, 08:13 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 15,358
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

I don't have any, but there are software programs that enable you to input asteroids into a chart, by name, number, or degree. I don't know where the "millions" figure comes from, because we would probably work only with those that seemed meaningful, and that have a worked-out ephemeris.

The Astrodienst free charts pages will allow you to input any asteroid whose orbit through the zodiac has been calculated. As of today there are 17,224 of these-- not counting dwarf planets.

Then again, we could get into fixed stars and Arabian parts (major and minor,) minor essential and accidental dignities, or all of the angels presumably ruling the various planets and stars.

The sky truly is the limit.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Moondancing's Avatar
Moondancing Moondancing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 919
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I don't have any, but there are software programs that enable you to input asteroids into a chart, by name, number, or degree.
I use Intrepid Software and you can choose Superbirth chart and you get a tri-wheel with 80 astroids. Same with a mid-point chart and they post 78 mid-points. It seems overwhelming at first glance but it's like walking outside on a sunny day, at first it blinds you but your eyes adjust and you see clearly. When you know your chart, your eyes go exactly to where you want to focus and all else fades into the background.

Quote:
I don't know where the "millions" figure comes from, because we would probably work only with those that seemed meaningful, and that have a worked-out ephemeris.
Exactly. Although I've got to say once you learn that the other asteroids relating to your subject tell you more of the story, you are drawn to search for them to see their impact. Even if it's just to see that an asteroid can impact your life in a most succinct way.

Quote:
The Astrodienst free charts pages will allow you to input any asteroid whose orbit through the zodiac has been calculated. As of today there are 17,224 of these-- not counting dwarf planets.
Wescott has researched 80 (up from 39 in 1988) that meets her standards that an asteroid will manifest reliably as events happen in your life. I bought this book a couple of years ago and I drug it out of the drawer to reply to this post. She has a method of practice with monthly returns that turns the spot light on asteroids and how they work. I'm hooked. :-)

Quote:
Then again, we could get into fixed stars and Arabian parts (major and minor,) minor essential and accidental dignities, or all of the angels presumably ruling the various planets and stars.

The sky truly is the limit.
All the tools of the trade. Of late she has been studying medical astrology and it will be worth seeing if asteroids can bring more precision to this practice.



Moondance
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moondancing For This Useful Post:
waybread (07-16-2015)
  #25  
Unread 07-14-2015, 03:16 AM
Bjorkstrand Bjorkstrand is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 461
Re: Do asteroid aspects matter

Pallas is about graphics, how things appear. That's all. The myth doesn't work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aspects, asteroid, matter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.