Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 05-18-2013, 05:38 PM

thoughts on cap mars,saturn

the thing with capricorn which i'm wondering about is if they seem to respect people from afar but when a person becomes personal with them and much closer, when emotions get involved there seems to be a lack of interest or concern. capricorn respects what a person has done, or what they have achieved but it has less concern for the emotions or the nurturing of others, (cancer being the opposing sign).

i've mainly been thinking about the position of mars here along with saturn as these are two planets that are incredibly strong in this sign. I think it increases the chances they will be less respectful of those who have an interest in romantic relations with them and for them to be quite cold, cruel in regard to such matters. its interesting because in some cases i've observed there is nothing wrong with how they conduct themselves. in most, if not all instances they are meticulous,they've never "stepped out of line". its more the way its done itself, more like a necessity to do things "by the book" rather than from the perspective of any concern for the individual involved with them. there seems to be a lack of sympathy for those that are of no use to them. which makes me wonder if these placements in some instances could lead to an inclination to treat people as commodities?

its something i've observed recently with others that have this position of mars and saturn but i'm wondering if it could be the combination of personal planets in aries along with strong capricorn energy, especially with stressful aspects between those signs.
thoughts?

Unread 05-18-2013, 07:52 PM

Re: thoughts on cap mars,saturn

You have to look at the whole chart. A person with Mars and Saturn in Capricorn could have the moon in Pisces and sun-Venus in Cancer.

Also the house. I think a focus (notably the sun) in the 8th house, for example, does make for very private people.

With a Capricorn-Aries focus, are the planets squared? Note that Aries is a very independent sign. It would do fine with a like-minded person, but not with a clingy, emotional type.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
multiple (05-18-2013)
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM

yea thats what i'm thinking when the focus is through the signs aries and capricorn they would need someone less clingy and emotional.

just out of interest what are the major differences in how a mars in capricorn would deal with these things compared with a mars in aquarius? (in a general sense) since both signs are kind of not known for being particularly focused on emotions.
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:32 PM

It might help to think about the signs in terms of their elements and qualities. Capricorn is a cardinal earth sign. Its focus tends to be material and practical, and as a cardinal sign, it takes the initiative. Aquarius is fixed air. Its approach to life is primarily mental. It focuses on ideas. Once it fixes on idea, it doesn't like to change it. As a GF/BF Aquarius can be very loyal (fixed sign) yet run for the exit from a jealous, clingy lover.

Again, you have to look at the whole chart, because "planets in signs" will only take you so far.

Mars isn't particularly romantic on its own. In a man's chart, it symbolizes his sexuality and sense of masculinity; but as you know, these can get somewhat detached from candles, flowers, soft music, and a table for two. In either sex, Mars is the pursuer-- what the person goes after. Venus is the attractant.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
multiple (05-18-2013)
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:06 PM

thanks ,yea I see what you mean. I definitely do look at the chart on the whole. I think my virgo mars likes to analyse all the bits by themselves! which is why I have a tendency to do that.

Tags
mars, saturn, thoughts