Any dodek users out there? Could use some advice.

Bulletbobb

Anyone familiar with the use of dodekatemoria in sports astrology?

I have recently been experimenting with dodeks, based on the article in Bob Hand's book, Essays on Astrology. So far the results have been pretty impressive.
I'm wondering if anyone else has been using them, and would be willing to share your thoughts? I'd particularly like some info on orbs, and does applying/separating matter?

Craig

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I've only gone as far as to calculate the dodeks in my own chart. Apparently they are supposed to act as a second position of the planets in the chart (iirc). Not sure which astrologer but I think it was Maternus who placed the dodeks on par with the natal placements. Other than calculating mine, I haven't gone any further in their usage.

What have you found so far in your experiments?

sven555

I use antiscions for planets, which give them a second location in the chart.

A planet at 15 deg Pisces, will have it's antiscion at 15 deg Libra etc.

But that applies to horary charts mostly

wirabhumi

Re: Anyone familiar with the use of dodekatemoria in sports astrology?

I have recently been experimenting with dodeks, based on the article in Bob Hand's book, Essays on Astrology. So far the results have been pretty impressive.
I'm wondering if anyone else has been using them, and would be willing to share your thoughts? I'd particularly like some info on orbs, and does applying/separating matter?

Craig

I am interesting in new method. How do you use this technique to predict the outcome of sport events ?

Arena

Re: Anyone familiar with the use of dodekatemoria in sports astrology?

Craig

Actually I have been reading that book as well.
His explaining the dodek is that it is not a 12th harmonic chart, but rather a 13th harmonic chart.

Bulletbobb

I will post more later, but for now I will say that Deb Houlding has a good intro to dodeks in the glossary,
As to how to calculate, you just do a 13th harmonic chart of the base chart and then then put the two in a biwheel. The base chart, for sports use, would probably be the game chart.
Be very careful with the angles and Parts. Dodeks move 13 times as fast as the base planet, so any error in the position of the Parts/angles is magnified by that amount.
I'll provide an example or two this evening (I'm in the US). The results so far have been extremely interesting.

Craig

Arena

So far the results have been pretty impressive.
What results are you talking about?
What do you use them for?

I have not experimented much with them, but it is interesting.

I just looked into them to look at a chart for a twin that the 1st harmonic chart does not describe accurately.

Bulletbobb

I'm preparing a very interesting example of how all this seems to work, which I will post later this morning.
In the meantime, could someone refresh my memory on how to upload example charts to the forum? I used to now how to do it but I've forgotten.

Craig
CA, USA