Choosing a surgery date

heretolearn

Hello all. I know just about nothing of medical/electional astrology. My doctor is proposing surgery of my right ankle. The former schedule was for December 9th but is now being scheduled for another future date, which is to be determined.

What do I need to take note of in making this selection? Transits for the potential dates? Any rules of thumb? I saw in another thread that moon phase is important.

My natal is posted on the first post in this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80060 Sorry, I'm on my mobile and seem unable to attach files.
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
For something non-life threatening, just keep the Moon out of the Sign of the corresponding body part (in this case, Aquarius) and have her be waning. Positive aspects by the benefic planets to the Ascendant will always help, but we sometimes have little control over this.

Vista

Having the Moon in a fixed sign(not the ruler of the body part having surgery), the surgeon will have a steady hand. Don't do it when Mercury is retrograde(as a general rule. Don't have surgery on a body part ruled by a planet that is retrograde via transit. Transiting planets making afflictions to natal planets ruled by the body part being operated on is also a bad idea. If it's cosmetic surgery, do it on a day where there are no afflictions to natal Venus and Venus is not retrograde. Natal Neptune afflicted, you could have problems with anesthesia or given a wrong medication. The rules are endless but these are a good start.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Statistics show that operations are more successfully performed when the Moon is increasing in light, between the New & Full Moon, and heal more quickly, and are less liable to complications than when the Moon is past the full and decreasing. Note the following Rules -

(1) Operate on the increase of the Moon if possible.

(2) Do not operate at the exact time of the Full Moon, as the fluids are running high at this time.

(3) Never operate when the Moon is in the same sign as at birth.

(4) Never operate upon that part of the body ruled by the sign thru which the Moon is passing at the time, but wait a day or two until the Moon passes into the next sign below, and especially if the Moon be in conjunction, square or opposition Neptune, Uranus, Saturn or Mars at the time. This rule should be especially followed in major operations. Ptolemy says, "Pierce not with iron that part of the body which may be governed by the sign actually occupied by the Moon."

(5) Do not operate when the Moon is applying closely to the square or opposition the Sun, Saturn or Mars.

(6) Let the Moon be increasing in light, and in sextile or trine Jupiter or Venus and not afflicted by Mars.

(7) Let the Moon be in a fixed sign, but not in the sign ruling the part to be operated upon, and such sign of the Moon also not on the ascendant.

(8) Do not operate when the Moon is applying to any aspect of Mars, as such tends to danger of inflammation & complications after the operation.

(9) Avoid operations when the Sun is in the sign ruling the part upon which the operation is to be performed.

(10) Never operate when the Moon is combust, or within 17 degrees of the Sun, and with the Moon opposite Mars at the same time.

(11) The Moon should be free from all manner of impediment.

(12) Jupiter, Venus, and the ruler of the ascendant should be in the ascendant or in the M.C., if possible, and free of Mars affliction.

(13) Fortify the Sign ruling the part of the body to be operated upon.

(14) A Mars hour is evil for surgical operations.

(15) Do not cut a nerve when Mercury is afflicted.

heretolearn

Thanks for all the responses. Sun in Aqua will soon be upon us, too, so I'll have to keep that in mind when considering the new date options I'm given, in addition to observing the conditions of the Moon, based on your feedback. Will update if I learn anything. I tend to have anesthesia issues (not sure if related to natal Moon trine Neptune). Thanks again.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Don't worry about the Sun's position.

You don't want to operate with the Moon in the sign that rules that part of the body because the Moon excites the blood (due to her influence over fluids). So, if the Moon is in Aquarius, she will excite the bloodflow to the ankles. This extra fluid at the ankles can inadvertently cause excessive bleeding. This also ties into why you want the Moon waning. If she is waxing, her ability to influence blood is increasing, if waning it is decreasing.

The Sun has no medical association with fluids in this way, so his sign position is not a natural concern like the Moon's.