Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 04-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Banned

Facial features and doubt about my ascendant... help

Hello to all!

I've got the Sun, Moon and Mars in Leo, but there's doubt about my ascendant, because I do not know the exact time of my birth (it's between 10:30 and 14h)... and I know that the ascendant is one of the most important issue in the natal chart, and that is why I like to know what my rising sign is actually.

I read on this forum that the ascendant can be identified by facial features... since I became intrigued with astrology only a month ago, any help would be welcome.

These are some of my pictures:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Dis Pater; 05-15-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM

Re: Facial features and doubt about my ascendant... help

Scorpio Rising
The Following User Says Thank You to Chalk For This Useful Post:
Dis Pater (04-29-2013)
Unread 04-27-2013, 03:33 PM

from picture I guess it could be fire sign (f.e. Sagitarius rising has long face and hair line like fire sign).
post your chart with midpoint of known time frame, because planets on ascendent can modify common sign features.
The Following User Says Thank You to reastre For This Useful Post:
Dis Pater (04-29-2013)
Unread 04-27-2013, 03:49 PM

I think Libra because of the Chin dimple and The eyes
The Following User Says Thank You to AquariusPixie For This Useful Post:
Dis Pater (04-29-2013)
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:28 PM

Scorpio rising, maybe Aquarius rising.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skillcoil For This Useful Post:
Dis Pater (04-29-2013)
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reastre View Post
from picture I guess it could be fire sign (f.e. Sagitarius rising has long face and hair line like fire sign).
post your chart with midpoint of known time frame, because planets on ascendent can modify common sign features.
Well, there are two possibilities- or Libra or Scorpio.

Here's two examples of my natal chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi...ie-u1361635680

Unread 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM

to me it looks like Libra rising, with ruler Venus in Virgo exact trine Capricorn Neptune, because something Neptunian in air. Of course Pluto and Scorpio gives infuence also, as it still could be in first house.
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM

I think its libra as well, maybe you should look over libra and scorpio and see which suits you best. and see if the house description suits you as well for either one.
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned

Cancer Ascendant?
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lascivious View Post
Cancer Ascendant?
It is not possible. There are only two options- Libra or Scorpio.

AquariusPixie and reastre, I looked at some descriptions of the Libra and Scorpio, and I personally would say that I fit into the Scorpio, primarily due to the character... I'm a little more aggressive for one Libra ...
Unread 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis Pater View Post
It is not possible. There are only two options- Libra or Scorpio.

AquariusPixie and reastre, I looked at some descriptions of the Libra and Scorpio, and I personally would say that I fit into the Scorpio, primarily due to the character... I'm a little more aggressive for one Libra ...
Your Mars in Leo could make you aggressive.

I think you're a Libra ASC because Scorpio ASC tends to have very thin facial features, thin, almost pointy-like ears, cheeks that fall in, really thin lips, defined jawline, huge lashes, "boney" like features.

Libra Ascendant: https://www.google.ca/search?q=libra...7oHwDQ#imgrc=_
Unread 05-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Can you repost your charts? Your images expired. If you don't have an accurate birth time, it's probably best to use a whole-sign house system (which you can do at www.astro.com on their free charts pages.) The quadrant systems like Placidus are very time-sensitive with respect to house cusps.

If you save your charts to your computer, you should be able to upload them as clickable thumbnails, by using the "go advanced" feature at the bottom of your next message.

How would you say other people describe you when they're mad at you? ((Sorry if this seems negative, but it is a decent diagnostic.)

Indecisive?
Intense?
Secretive?
Having an innate sense of taste/style?
Fair-minded?
Vengeful?
Lazy?
The observer who is not observed?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Dis Pater (05-07-2013)
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:05 PM

My childrens Father is also a libra ascending, but he also fits the scorpio ascending description. but he looks like a libra ascending. look like a libra but act like a scorpio
Dis Pater (05-07-2013)
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:28 PM

as I saw your chart Scorpio stays in your personality house like second layer, so you could feel like it, but I also noticed that asteroid Eros and Lilith ascends in Libra, so they could give that impression.
The Following User Says Thank You to reastre For This Useful Post:
Dis Pater (05-07-2013)
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Can you repost your charts? Your images expired.

Quote:
How would you say other people describe you when they're mad at you?
Lazy and vengeful.
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:19 AM

Oh, well- we could go with Libra rising in a late degree, with a bunch of Scorpio in the first house, as well.

Your images expired again. You can't link your post to your chart @ Astrodienst. You have to either save it to your computer and upload it to a post via the "go advanced" feature; or else store it on another site that you can link.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Banned

How sure are you that you were born between 10:30 and 14h? Did someone said so? Did your birth certificate said so? I just want to make sure just in case.

[deleted non-astrological remark - Moderator - Note: please keep the comments to astrology]

Last edited by wilsontc; 05-08-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, well- we could go with Libra rising in a late degree, with a bunch of Scorpio in the first house, as well.
If I am, for example, Libra rising, whether anything changes because I have Pluto in aspects with Sun, Moon, Venus, Neptune and Saturn?

Btw, in both cases, my dominant planet is Pluto, and then goes Sun.

Quote:
Your images expired again. You can't link your post to your chart @ Astrodienst. You have to either save it to your computer and upload it to a post via the "go advanced" feature; or else store it on another site that you can link.
Sorry, I do not know what's happening with me during these days... this high temperature hit me in the head .

Here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_03_enzo_dis.48731.30558.jpg (82.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_03_enzo_dis.48780.32945.jpg (83.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Dis Pater; 05-08-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude123 View Post
How sure are you that you were born between 10:30 and 14h? Did someone said so? Did your birth certificate said so? I just want to make sure just in case.
Birth certificate said 13:45, but my father who was present at childbirth said that there were about 11 and that the time in the birth certificate probably was a mistake ...

[deleted response to non-astrological remark - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 05-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Either birth time puts Pluto in your first house, squaring your sun and moon. This is going to give your outward personality and physical body a lot of Plutonian intensity, even if you have Libra rising.

You know what? I'd go for Libra rising, probably in a later degree than you see with the default 12:00 birth time. This will move Pluto closer to your ascendant, but keep Libra rising. Several posters have commented on your good looks. Although this might just be your genetic inheritance, Libra is ruled by Venus, the principle of attraction, and she is augmented by an exact trine to Neptune. I'll bet you can really turn on the charm-- when you want to.

If we take Scorpio rising, it would not only give a lot of intensity, but the first thing people would sense about you would be that Pluto- sun/moon square. No doubt you feel it intensely, and your social contacts find out about it soon enough, but it probably won't give you people complimenting you on your appearance.

However, the two "outside" birth times, while not changing much else in the chart, do put your sun and moon in different houses. By house, the sun is your sense of identity; where you feel most like yourself. The moon indicates your feelings, emotional nature; and in some contexts, your mother or sense of home.

The 9th house is about broading your life experience and mental horizons, whether through international travel, higher education, developing a life ph8ilosophy, or theology. The 10th house is your sense of career, or vocation in life.

Do you feel more like the true you in one house or the other? If your sun-moon sits right on your MC, you may have a strong feeling of needing to achieve greatness in your career. (Whether you do this or not is another matter!)

Your sun/moon square Pluto will give you a lot of drive and determination, either way. Unfortunately it can be an energy of "dominate or be dominated" where you construe one person's win as your loss. Ambition in the workplace is good, but co-workers may react negatively to a sense that you try to dominate them.

If we look at your Uranus-Saturn-Neptune stellium, it is in the second house of money and your possessions in the one chart; and in your third house of communications, siblings, short-distance travel, and your neighbourhood in the other chart. If you have siblings, how was your relationship with them? These planets are well-aspected, but they should give some pretty unusual relationships; maybe a lot of turmoil. What about the neighbourhood where you grew up? How would you describe your personal finances?

Then we would also see a shift with Venus, Mercury, and Mars from the 11th house of friends to the 10th house of career. So keep an eye out for such house shifts, and see which one suits you best. Of course, you can get some seeming contradictions; in losing, for example, your sun-moon from the 10th to the 9th, while gaining Venus, Mars and Mercury in the 10th. Yet each planet has a different meaning, which should help some. Venus and mars, for example, are the "sexy" planets. In the 11th, you may start up a passionate relationship with a friend. In the 10th, perhaps with a co-worker.

One other thing you might do is think about your Uranus transits into different signs and houses. Uranus rules sudden change, and the changes should happen according to the new sign and house. This wouldn't be something like graduating from high school, which affects your whole graduating class, but something more unique to you personally.

Whichever rising sign you ultimately think is the best fit, I would suggest you work with the whole-signs house system, unless or until you are able to get your chart rectified, or suddenly find an accurate birth time. [This happened to me, incidentally, after my mother died, and I went through some of her old documents and papers. Until then, I didn't have an accurate birth time, either.]

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Last edited by waybread; 05-08-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Banned

Excellent extensive comment... thank you very very much, waybread. I'm sorry I do not speak English the best and I can not write longer seriously comments... well I can, but I do not want to make me look ridiculous because of poor grammar .

Just one more question- in sidereal natal, I have a Sun and Moon in cancer. How relevant is that? I heard that the western and sidereal astrology are equally suitable. But I don't feel like a Cancer. On the contrary, everyone says that I have traits that are typically the lion's share.
But, whether this difference between my western natal chart and sidereal means that in theory I can not be a typical Leo... or what?
btw, i think that the interpretation of a sun sign characteristics are not the same in the western and sidereal horoscope. Or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Dis Pater; 05-11-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:30 PM

I am glad you think I've been helpful.

An Australian astrologer www.aliceportman.com suggested that different people respond better or worse to different house systems. I suspect this is true for the sidereal vs. tropical zodiacs, also. In the typical form of western tropical astrology my chart is mostly in air and fire signs, which I think is correct. In sidereal astrology, my planets move into mostly earth and water signs. It makes a big difference!

The most common form of sidereal astrology is Hindu (Vedic) and they also have somewhat different readings of the signs than westerners do.

Either way, I think the aspects between planets in a chart are the most important things to interpret, and these will not change between the sidereal and tropical zodiacs.

I would suggest you spend some time with your chart, ask for a Vedic reading, and then see which zodiac and house system suits you best.

In terms of the sun, just ask yourself, How do I feel most like myself? The sun is your core sense of identity. The sign shows how, or in what manner, the sun operates.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Tags
ascendant, doubt, facial, features