Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-21-2019, 04:11 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,135
Cancer Independence Days

It occurred to me that several countries have their independence days in July/Cancer month. Off the top of my head, the U.S., Canada, and France. The Cancer theme of homeland, our people, seems to fit very well with a patriotic holiday. That got me wondering if sun in Cancer month is a particularly big one for independence days globally.

So, I looked it up. There are indeed quite a few national independence days in July, and in late June. But there are about as many in Leo month, and the most in Virgo month.

I wonder if there is any particular correlation between Cancer and the official formation of a new country. Do the countries that don't celebrate their birthdays under a Cancer sun perhaps have other significant Cancer in their natal charts? Has that been studied anywhere?

__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-21-2019, 06:26 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,078
Smile Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
It occurred to me that several countries have their independence days in July/Cancer month. Off the top of my head, the U.S., Canada, and France. The Cancer theme of homeland, our people, seems to fit very well with a patriotic holiday. That got me wondering if sun in Cancer month is a particularly big one for independence days globally.

So, I looked it up. There are indeed quite a few national independence days in July, and in late June. But there are about as many in Leo month, and the most in Virgo month.

I wonder if there is any particular correlation between Cancer and the official formation of a new country. Do the countries that don't celebrate their birthdays under a Cancer sun perhaps have other significant Cancer in their natal charts? Has that been studied anywhere?
Seems like they would be more matriarchal, under the Signs & . Russia used the "Mother Russia" theme, at least before the Bolshevik revolution. Germany used "Fatherland", which links to the word "patriotic". Of course, we have the Statue of Liberty, which is feminine. "Lady Liberty".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-21-2019, 05:04 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,135
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Seems like they would be more matriarchal, under the Signs & . Russia used the "Mother Russia" theme, at least before the Bolshevik revolution. Germany used "Fatherland", which links to the word "patriotic". Of course, we have the Statue of Liberty, which is feminine. "Lady Liberty".
I'm thinking of Cancer in a more general sense. Yes, it's the matriarch sign, but it's also about family, roots, and your people, in general.

I also find it significant that LGBTQ Pride comes during Cancer month. Identity and people in another sense.

Speaking of countries with Cancer independence days, France's national anthem refers to "la patrie," also fatherland. "Allons enfants de la patrie...."
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.

Last edited by Osamenor; 07-21-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-21-2019, 06:21 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,078
Smile Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I'm thinking of Cancer in a more general sense. Yes, it's the matriarch sign, but it's also about family, roots, and your people, in general.

I also find it significant that LGBTQ Pride comes during Cancer month. Identity and people in another sense.

Speaking of countries with Cancer independence days, France's national anthem refers to "la patrie," also fatherland. "Allons enfants de la patrie...."
Yes, and banding together for group security.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (07-21-2019)
  #5  
Unread 01-19-2020, 05:26 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,878
Re: Cancer Independence Days

The twin culture nations USA and Canada are different countries, but as cancerian, they strongly value unity and community. American liberty patriotism and Canadian multicultural unity are cancerian in having every person as an equal member in society. And may I add the republic of France founded after the Bastille uprising to started the French revolution on July 14, 1789, a new regime values liberty, equality and fraternity. The city of Paris named for the Parisii, a Celtic or Gallic tribe is thought to named themselves after a female deity represented either by Venus or the moon which is ruled by Cancer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-19-2020, 05:47 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,338
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Don't forget the fact Cancer is cardinal water. There's a facet of independence inherent in cardinality mixed with water, independence of self and desire to express one's ideals and in a way, bring them into tangible reality forming a poetic crosspoint to the opposing Earth element. Cardinal water = very spiritually charged action and creation which could include destruction of what came before for the sake of bringing in something new


Also, Cancer isn't geared toward group security. It's more likely to steer away from the group entirely to find security in the self. So if security has anything to do with independence of nations, it's about creating an environment that's more liberating and free as Cancer(ruled by the moon) is a highly spiritual and intuitive sign so the state of things may not suit it. Cardinality and that emotionally charged water gears it more toward either causing mass change in the external, or retreating into the internal. Not group security


Picture it like a bomb building up internally until it must destroy its shell, march boldly into the external world, and spur that massive change


You really have to go down to the bare essential facets of signs rather than looking at stereotypes. Cancer= cardinal water. So what is the energy of cardinal water beyond all stereotypes? Cardinal is actually leadership energy, desire to DO something, change something, start something new, create. Water is soulful, emotional, mostly inclined to be calm. But mixed with cardinality? It's about spiritually charged creation and seeking liberation of the soul so it can breathe


And... Cancer isn't about physical home, it's about spiritual home. It's not about security, it's about liberation of spirit. People often speak of Cancer as if it's an Earth sign. It's a water sign. So if it seeks security, what is that security? It's about the spirit. So this plays into seeking of independence on a grand level as often the external world can feel constricting to Cancerian energy which eventually spurs it into action to change something so that it can breathe

Last edited by Lykanized; 01-19-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lykanized For This Useful Post:
Brizabot (01-19-2020)
  #7  
Unread 01-19-2020, 06:16 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,338
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Cardinality changes tides, brings in something new, changes the chapter, changes the season, changes the book entirely. That relates directly to national independence. It's different from Air, Earth, and Fire in that Water and Cardinal seem to be at odds with each other, but because of that, they create intense change, that conflict, as conflicts do, is the fuse for the bomb and then comes massive change
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lykanized For This Useful Post:
Brizabot (01-19-2020)
  #8  
Unread 01-19-2020, 07:57 AM
Brizabot's Avatar
Brizabot Brizabot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: West Hollywood ca
Posts: 27
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Don't forget the fact Cancer is cardinal water. There's a facet of independence inherent in cardinality mixed with water, independence of self and desire to express one's ideals and in a way, bring them into tangible reality forming a poetic crosspoint to the opposing Earth element. Cardinal water = very spiritually charged action and creation which could include destruction of what came before for the sake of bringing in something new


Also, Cancer isn't geared toward group security. It's more likely to steer away from the group entirely to find security in the self. So if security has anything to do with independence of nations, it's about creating an environment that's more liberating and free as Cancer(ruled by the moon) is a highly spiritual and intuitive sign so the state of things may not suit it. Cardinality and that emotionally charged water gears it more toward either causing mass change in the external, or retreating into the internal. Not group security


Picture it like a bomb building up internally until it must destroy its shell, march boldly into the external world, and spur that massive change


You really have to go down to the bare essential facets of signs rather than looking at stereotypes. Cancer= cardinal water. So what is the energy of cardinal water beyond all stereotypes? Cardinal is actually leadership energy, desire to DO something, change something, start something new, create. Water is soulful, emotional, mostly inclined to be calm. But mixed with cardinality? It's about spiritually charged creation and seeking liberation of the soul so it can breathe


And... Cancer isn't about physical home, it's about spiritual home. It's not about security, it's about liberation of spirit. People often speak of Cancer as if it's an Earth sign. It's a water sign. So if it seeks security, what is that security? It's about the spirit. So this plays into seeking of independence on a grand level as often the external world can feel constricting to Cancerian energy which eventually spurs it into action to change something so that it can breathe
I absolutely love this. Thank you 🙏🏼
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brizabot For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (01-20-2020)
  #9  
Unread 01-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,338
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizabot View Post
I absolutely love this. Thank you ����
You're welcome, love!
The grand majority of people really do not understand Cancer, imo. Highly misunderstood sign


Always got to remember that the moon symbolizes the soul and that Cancer is a water sign, not an Earth sign. So its concerns aren't material, but internal. And thus its association with security is because the external/material world doesn't align with the internal spiritual self. So the Cancer has two choices: Retreat and become a hermit, or go into the external and shake things up. Cardinality eventually leads it to the latter
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-20-2020, 12:59 PM
Brizabot's Avatar
Brizabot Brizabot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: West Hollywood ca
Posts: 27
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
You're welcome, love!
The grand majority of people really do not understand Cancer, imo. Highly misunderstood sign


Always got to remember that the moon symbolizes the soul and that Cancer is a water sign, not an Earth sign. So its concerns aren't material, but internal. And thus its association with security is because the external/material world doesn't align with the internal spiritual self. So the Cancer has two choices: Retreat and become a hermit, or go into the external and shake things up. Cardinality eventually leads it to the latter
I identify with all the things that you talk about c@ncer. Yet it is hard for me to express it. I wish I didnít have a body and I could just be. This material world is hideous. I get so hung up on how things planned out for us. Thankfully we have people like you that is able to out this into words.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-20-2020, 01:50 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,078
Smile Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizabot View Post
I identify with all the things that you talk about c@ncer. Yet it is hard for me to express it. I wish I didnít have a body and I could just be. This material world is hideous. I get so hung up on how things planned out for us. Thankfully we have people like you that is able to out this into words.
The Sign with the most to gain from the tropical Age of Aquarius is . The 2 Solsticial-signs are the farthest apart, regarding the physical world. Naming a dreadful disease for the Sign opposite the tropical Age-sign Capricorn is but one of the symptoms. Its ruler, the Moon became associated with "lunacy", and is now considered a lifeless chunk of rock by Capricornian Age science.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Brizabot (01-31-2020)
  #12  
Unread 01-23-2020, 11:52 AM
Monk's Avatar
Monk Monk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,912
Re: Cancer Independence Days

A great deal of independence days are aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, some times by projected, but mostly by paran.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (01-31-2020)
  #13  
Unread 01-23-2020, 02:21 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,078
Smile Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
A great deal of independence days are aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, some times by projected, but mostly by paran.
Is there a natural correlation, as delineated astrologically? Or, are these parans alignments a deliberate choice, continuing ancient ritualistic practices?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-31-2020, 06:48 AM
Monk's Avatar
Monk Monk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,912
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Is there a natural correlation, as delineated astrologically? Or, are these parans alignments a deliberate choice, continuing ancient ritualistic practices?

As most countries have had or do have alignments to Sirius or Alnilam on National Days, i think they are deliberate, which means highly placed people with strange beliefs, but i could be wrong, either way we are controlled by Sirius, EEEKKK, ....LOL!





https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/V1983
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-31-2020), JUPITERASC (01-31-2020)
  #15  
Unread 01-31-2020, 07:08 AM
Brizabot's Avatar
Brizabot Brizabot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: West Hollywood ca
Posts: 27
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The Sign with the most to gain from the tropical Age of Aquarius is . The 2 Solsticial-signs are the farthest apart, regarding the physical world. Naming a dreadful disease for the Sign opposite the tropical Age-sign Capricorn is but one of the symptoms. Its ruler, the Moon became associated with "lunacy", and is now considered a lifeless chunk of rock by Capricornian Age science.
My ascendant is Aquarius. I identify a lot with that too. Which i never knew until I learned my chart placements. But itís so interesting !
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 01-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Monk's Avatar
Monk Monk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,912
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Canada Day 1st July, using midnight day marker is aligned to Sirius on Nadir:-



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (01-31-2020)
  #17  
Unread 01-31-2020, 12:27 PM
Monk's Avatar
Monk Monk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,912
Re: Cancer Independence Days

What about 4th July in the U.S.?


Ancient Egyptian day marker used, the Sun rose with Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star at date and location.
Sirius=Isis, Alnilam=Osiris?
Hermetic philosophy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATeHR5Cb_0



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (01-31-2020)
  #18  
Unread 01-31-2020, 01:06 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 60,922
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post

As most countries have had
or do have
alignments to Sirius
or Alnilam
on National Days,

i think they are deliberate,

which means highly placed people with strange beliefs,
but i could be wrong,

either way we are controlled by Sirius, EEEKKK, ....LOL!

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/V1983
You're right Monk - this is a Sirius matter
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 02-03-2020, 03:08 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,401
Cool Re: Cancer Independence Days

Nothing in the universe is static which includes imo, the natal chart of a country.
I usually look up words that I don't use in everyday parlance, to make sure its the same I wish to convey:
ADJECTIVE - STATIC

  1. lacking in movement, action, or change, especially in a way viewed as undesirable or uninteresting.
    "demand has grown in what was a fairly static market" ∑ [more]

    synonyms:
    unchangedfixedstablesteadyunchangingchangelessunvaryinginvariableconstantconsistentuniformundeviating




Thus, it seems to me, we should be likewise, looking up these others to see where their progressed Suns and Ascendants are now located. I used the Sibley chart in my default program. There is likewise, one that puts the time of founding with Antares on the DC cusp or near. Antares was called by the ancients, "Anti-Ares"



I always saw the U.S.A. as 1) material minded i.e. "take the oil" mentality, 2) freedom seeking and 3) quick to anger (Sag Rising) cj. Antares.)


But maybe that's just me.



I also have Cancer Rising in my natal chart and an estranged elder daughter who is a Cancer Sun.

Last edited by leomoon; 02-03-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 02-03-2020, 03:21 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,401
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Here is a chart from Jaimie, for Canada:
https://astrologyking.com/canada-horoscope/


Their progressed Sun is ironically? cj."Antares" in their 8th house, while the progressed ASC is over the 6th and appears to be atop their North Node.



The USA chart I normally use, the Sibley chart is here:


Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 02-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Monk's Avatar
Monk Monk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,912
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Hi Leomoon,
We have a large forum here for electional astrology, which can effect normal understanding of astrology if not noted.


A great deal of the "United States" is aligned to either Sirius being Isis or Alnilam, Belt of Orion, being Osiris, which is hermetic philosophy.
Just looking down thread sections here i see that Brizabot comes from California, that at the time of being accepted to the Union on 9th September 1850 in San Jose which was the Capitol then, they used ancient Greek day marker, being sunset previous to date, while Alnilam was on the Nadir or I.C.


We all would gather that electional astrology will mess things up with interpretation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California
Attached Images
File Type: png picture 114 40% (2).png (530.2 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-05-2020)
  #22  
Unread 02-08-2020, 03:40 AM
AJ Astrology AJ Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 294
Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I wonder if there is any particular correlation between Cancer and the official formation of a new country.
Hi Osamenor,

No, there is no correlation. When looking at your list, the first thing you should have noticed is the correlation between southern hemisphere and northern hemisphere.

Why do you suppose states in the southern hemisphere have independence days in November, December, January?

Because that's their Summer.

Weather has a lot to do with it. Ever try riding a horse in the snow?

They didn't exactly have snow-plows in the 1700s or 1800s.

And for the record, USA Sun is Gemini, not Cancer.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 02-08-2020, 12:09 PM
Monk's Avatar
Monk Monk is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 2,912
Re: Cancer Independence Days

The alignments are stars not signs, we can go to the Southern Hemisphere to "The Inauguration of the Commonwealth of Australia" in Sydney on 1st January 1901, please scroll down link to #190 to #196, the day is marked twice by Sirius and once by Alnilam.
This includes actual time of start at noon:-
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...=126482&page=8
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 03-12-2020, 11:48 PM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,878
Re: Cancer Independence Days

For Paris, France named after the planet Venus (ruler of Taurus and Libra) it is one of fame, vanity, beauty, fashion and lively urban settings...a strong feminine energy is felt and Paris has a large LGBT population, this city has a Gemini and Virgo vibe ruled by Mercury.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapAquaPis For This Useful Post:
leomoon (03-13-2020)
  #25  
Unread 03-13-2020, 05:15 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 25,078
Smile Re: Cancer Independence Days

Paris was a Trojan prince who caused the Trojan War by abducting Helen, queen of Sparta to be his wife, with the help of Aphrodite. Troy was destroyed--Paris should have known better than to mess with the Spartans! Paris also ambushed the hero Achilles and killed him with an arrow to his one vulnerable spot, his heel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cancer, days, independence

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.