How does astrology work?

Azzi

Well, I like knowing how things work and I'm interested to hear the theories of people who know a great deal about astrology.

No-one really knows how astrology works or even whether it works at all. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the belief in astrology, which is why I would like to open this discussion.

I am quite amazed at how the behaviour of the planets seems to affect our lives, but I am baffled by it. How did this system come into place? For example, the monthly cycles of human women coincides with the cycle of the moon. No one can explain this, except by saying it is a coincidence. The sun and moon seem exactly the same size from the perspective of the Earth. Is this another coincidence?

So please share your point of view - how does astrology actually work, and is there really any proof?

Moog

tumblr_m7iq6fk2eq1rt98h8o1_500.gif

K

Katydidit

IMHO –

From the universe down to the ant in its colony to the DNA is a living cell, life is about patterns. The reason that astrology works is because it is a history of attempts to define and predict those patterns. Applying interpretation to those patterns is a matter of both personal and universal will.

I’d even go so far to say that, right or wrong in the interpretation, finding a/the pattern is the most important factor in human ascension. If each of us would adjust our lives by past, present, and predictive patterns we could find our paths sooner, ride the right waves longer, and escape our ***-dragging baggage sooner.

JUPITERASC

92 WORD EXTRACT SOURCED FROM: ...."A Walk Through Time" http://www.nist.gov/pml/general/time/ancient.cfm

“Before 2000 BCE, the Babylonians (in today's Iraq) used a year of 12 alternating 29 day and 30 day lunar months, giving a 354 day year.

Mayans of Central America relied on Sun, Moon, also planet Venus, to establish 260 day and 365 day calendars. This culture and its related predecessors spread across Central America between 2600 BCE and 1500 CE, reaching apex between 250 and 900 CE. They left celestial-cycle records indicating belief that creation of world occurred 3114 BCE. Their calendars later became portions of the great Aztec calendar stones” :smile:

Well, I like knowing how things work and I'm interested to hear the theories of people who know a great deal about astrology.

No-one really knows how astrology works or even whether it works at all. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the belief in astrology, which is why I would like to open this discussion.

I am quite amazed at how the behaviour of the planets seems to affect our lives, but I am baffled by it. How did this system come into place? For example, the monthly cycles of human women coincides with the cycle of the moon. No one can explain this, except by saying it is a coincidence. The sun and moon seem exactly the same size from the perspective of the Earth. Is this another coincidence?

So please share your point of view - how does astrology actually work, and is there really any proof?

reincarnation