Corona virus and the Arts

ElenaJ

I thought it might be interesting to take a look at what is happening in the field of art during this imposed period of isolation.
Isolation normally would offer an opportunity for contemplation and inspiration, ideal situation for artists.
Is that the case?

Painting was one of the first branches of the arts to be stimulated, in an unusual and unexpected way.
The naif rainbow paintings made by children fluttered from balconies and filled the windows of homes, symbolising hope.
So there is a 5th house connection here, with both children and creativity.
I'm not sure what rainbows might by signified by in astrology.

Dance was obviously blocked for the most part, following social distancing rules.
But we saw many videos of hospital and medical staff doing flash dances, rigorously costumed with masks and gloves.
The spontaneity of flash dances are related to Uranus.

PS. I noted that the idea for this article popped into my head when moon entered the sign of Leo, creative arts!

PS. I noted that this idea came to me as soon as the moon entered the sign of Leo, creative arts!! Quite appropriate, no?

Music, again public performances blocked, we saw many choirs singing from isolation in photo montages.
Giving voice to hope, faith, spirituality (all Neptune traits) rather than cheerfulness.

Creative writing, should have felt a positive boom, the isolation sets the ideal environment for creativity, no interruptions or distractions.
But no, all those I know who are creative writers have been completely blocked. Novels are not moving forward, the inspiration, or let's say motivation, is lacking.
So mercury blockage here.

Architecture, mainly basic maintenance is being carried out, notes of Saturn here.
One exception in Italy. A bridge collapsed in Liguria in August 2018. The world claimed architect Renzo Piano was commissioned to design and oversee construction of the replacement bridge.
It was inaugurated last week, with dramatic green/white/red lights projected onto its lovely span, symbolising the Italian flag.
Unfortunately, the inauguration of the bridge was carried out under the upcoming mercury and Saturn squares to Uranus.
Probably would have been a good idea to consult an astrologer on this one.

Has anyone had any experience with the art fields in this period of imposed isolation?
How has it been effected by the current heavy transits?
Would love to hear your input on this and how it relates to astrology, especially the Capricorn transits and Uranus.

PS. The idea for this thread popped into my mind when moon entered the sign of Leo, the arts!

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Post-pandemic life in arts, culture and nightlife. From Dec 1917-Jan 1920, the Spanish flu pandemic made Americans not want to hug each other in their own homes, afterward there was a sudden cultural shift from 1920-29 with couples swinging, hard partying and exploration of the new. Would the 2020s after the Covid19 pandemic ends be a second "roaring 20's" from married couples and singles unable to mingle, then when safe, we're going to be on the opposite end of openness?

ElenaJ

Another thought.
We are approaching the Venus/mars prolonged flirting period.
Venus of the arts is acting like a cobra, slowing down, teasing, twice sticking her tongue out at mars of action in squares, before finally settling down and conceding to fruition in October.
So not a lot of concrete creative activity going on for a while.

ElenaJ

Post-pandemic life in arts, culture and nightlife. From Dec 1917-Jan 1920, the Spanish flu pandemic made Americans not want to hug each other in their own homes, afterward there was a sudden cultural shift from 1920-29 with couples swinging, hard partying and exploration of the new. Would the 2020s after the Covid19 pandemic ends be a second "roaring 20's" from married couples and singles unable to mingle, then when safe, we're going to be on the opposite end of openness?

For sure, as soon as the imposed lockdown is lifted there will be parties galore!!!
An "explosion" of parties!!

Chrysalis

I've done two pieces of Art during this lockdown. I did my "corona" art piece. I've also nearly completed a colored pencil drawing of a rose my bf got me for Valentine's day. When it died i wouldn't have wanted to throw it away, so i thought rather than saving a dead rose ill take a photo of it and draw it at some point.

I've also been doing piano practice again too, now i have more time on my hands. The next song i want to learn is Bella Ciao, i love that song. During the pandemic, Venus has been traveling through my 5th house.

ElenaJ

Well that sounds very positive, thank you for this insight.

Venus is creative, and "pretty", and romantic, like a rose.

multiple

Account Closed
I am probably not a good example because being an introvert and spending a lot of time alone, this crisis is more akin to "what crisis"? lol. but we all do have more time now to work at creative things as there is absolutely nowhere to go for usual appointments and stuff, I don't have a car so sometimes this would consume a lot of time. I have made some progress with some music I have been working on lately. mars has gone through my 10th so I am hoping some of this does a bit better than some previous work I have done. no guarantee's though, i've been trying to hone my craft over the last few years in regards to particular elements and trying to master or get to an acceptable professional level music which I have always found difficult to work at. still not entirely sure I am there yet. venus has been going from 10th and it's now approaching my ascendant, often the manifestations of the stuff I work on come out into the open once they cross the ascendant. I have some stuff planned but the lockdown does throw a spanner in the works a bit.

ElenaJ

Thank you then for peeking out, like your cat, long enough to contribute to this thread!
Do you know what planet governs music specifically? Is it still Venus?
Venus had the mercury and moon passing over her recently.
Venus in gemini, ruled by mercury, and mercury in taurus the sign of singers (the voice), mutual reception.
You are practicing, or writing music?

multiple

Account Closed
Thank you then for peeking out, like your cat, long enough to contribute to this thread!
Do you know what planet governs music specifically? Is it still Venus?
Venus had the mercury and moon passing over her recently.
Venus in gemini, ruled by mercury, and mercury in taurus the sign of singers (the voice), mutual reception.
You are practicing, or writing music?

i'm electronic based, kind of inline with gemini and virgo. automated computer synthesizer music using digital audio workstations so it's a lot of it is programmed in software. I am trying to get back into more club/dancefloor related genres again. its very difficult for me to make conventional or traditional music though and even though there are genres that are obscure, most genres have rules and some level of conformity, particularly within music that is geared towards a dancefloor. I have always struggled with this personally. making something that is appealing to the mass public while retaining it's uniqueness. I maintain an output for my more obscure, experimental stuff which is in no way dancefloor friendly. it has dominated my creative output and being typical gemini I like to try my hand at other things and not pin myself into being a one trick pony.

I think it's a dance with neptune and venus. a lot of the music I make ends up becoming atmospheric (ambient/drone/noise) ,and hypnotic (techno).

ElenaJ

So you are a sun gemini, like transiting Venus.
That helped you too.
And the square to transiting Neptune that you mention.

multiple

Account Closed
So you are a sun gemini, like transiting Venus.
That helped you too.
And the square to transiting Neptune that you mention.

yup! triple gemini, sun, rising, venus. triple virgo, mars, jupiter, saturn.

yea I have been feeling some of the influence of venus in gemini. I often feel a planets effects strongly when it closes in on my ascendant it's definitely stimulating. venus in gemini this year is interesting as it is going to experience retrograde during it's transit through gemini. those of us with retrograde venus natally might connect with this personally more. also of note, there will be a full moon when the sun goes into cancer while venus is still in gemini. i'm not personally sure what all this activity means to those of us who have venus in gemini natally? would be interested to hear other venus in gem's thoughts on the eclipse and retrograde.

ElenaJ

I don't know any either, but note that virgo is in trine with the current Capricorn transits, as well as Uranus in taurus.
Very helpful.
So you just have to juggle Neptune in square/opposition.

"something that is appealing to the mass public while retaining it's uniqueness."

Shades of Pluto (the masses) and Uranus (uniqueness).

Dancing is a physical activity, an energetic and joyful response to and result of the music, so here pulling in mars and Jupiter?

Chrysalis

How can i forget venus is in Gemini *face palm* Its this what makes me wish i had octopus arms and 48hrs in a day, as there are so many Venusian things i want to do at once. I've got a Gemini 5th house moon, with also Venus being my yearly activated Lord.

And now today I'm getting itchy fingers to change around my living room, maybe when Venus goes retrograde I actually do it.

Oh and i forgot, last week i started to write a poem regarding coronavirus, it's not finished yet.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Again, transiting Venus gemini working hard!

You reminded me of a writer friend of mine, who is currently in lockdown and blocked with her writing. She is a successful author, so it isn't as though she doesn't know her craft.
I checked her chart, and she is a sun pisces opposing moon/saturn in virgo. So she is picking up the Venus gemini energy in an awkward way.

About the living room, if you wait for the retrograde to do it, you'll probably end up redoing it when it goes direct. But you may enjoy that. Variety is probably your daily joy.

Chrysalis

No I wouldn't want to re-do it, I've got too much things to move around, so maybe i should do it before the retrograde because if i don't like it i won't be able to relax.

That's interesting about venus currently blocking your friend's writing, being square her moon/sun. Is her moon/sun connected to her 3rd house too?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

You're close. Moon rules her 3rd.
And the moon/saturn conjunction in virgo is in her 5th, so effecting her creativity.

Chrysalis

What about Neptune soon to be going retrograde, and with the coronavirus, there are currently a lot of Actors, models, etc out of work.

jac

As a lifelong artist, musician & writer, I can tell you definitively that culture with a message to provoke thought or inspiration that deviates from the mouldy false narrative is forbidden.

For example, rap didn't come out of the 'hood, it was created in a filthy rich producer's studio.

This is why, with the exceptions of black blues, r&b, and mountain music, nothing exists in America but "pop" (mercenary)culture.

The psychedelic revolution of freethinkers was effectively quashed by the Tate-LaBianca murders, as exposed by Mae Brussell.

I am but one of countless voices, with withheld messages and images blocked from the media. Though my work has been loved by many, not unlike other "invisible" artists, we run counter to "the message".

You would never believe how much you've missed. I know horror stories.
If you have any old friends who haven't "made it", ask them, don't take my word for it.

So now you know.

You might notice however, drag queens giving story hour for children is highlighted. Tell you anything?

Incidentally, if you actually believe there is a pandemic, watch this:
https://londonreal.tv/digital-freedom-platform-interview-1-dr-rashid-buttar/

This is all about destroying our civil liberties and tanking the economy.

Last edited:

multiple

Account Closed
I published my last lp on bandcamp when the sun crossed my ascendant.
the details are on my creative blog https://traxinthesnoe.wordpress.com/
didn't plan it to be exact but did feel a motivational drive in the last 24 hours before putting it out there to get it finished and wrapped up. not really expecting a lot from it in terms of success as it's incredibly niche. its a part of my free bandcamp project, it is interesting that the time it went live the sun was approaching the 10th. funny how we feel compelled to do things at those specific moments even when we are unaware!

attachment.php

Attachments

• album.jpg
    album.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 54