Ideas about Saturn trine Uranus

LovelyMissAries

I was talking to my friend about Saturn returns when it clicked that Saturn in Capricorn would probably trine Uranus in Taurus at some point.

On a communal level, I would see this as a sudden overhaul of old rules and infrastructures in favor of new, more advanced ones. Maybe a more efficient way for corporations to budget their money, tech corps especially.

On a personal level - throwing out friends you've known for a long time in favor of your independence or new friends, sudden marriages and divorces, sudden change in financial status or income. Learning how to set new boundaries and changing yours to earn more respect and a better reputation, or a change in reputation.

Anyone else have ideas on what this aspect could entail?

katydid

I think the Uranus in Taurus and the trine to Saturn in Cap might also affect the gender cultural issues. Perhaps loosen up old static norms of feminity/masculinity and allow people to change it upon more?

Osamenor

Staff member
On a personal level, I think it depends heavily on which houses of your chart are involved and which, if any, of your planets are involved in the aspect.

Trines are not transits that make you sit up and take notice, but transits that provide momentum. Saturn is tradition, Uranus, moving beyond tradition. I think of the two of them together as a reflection of a (paraphrased) Martin Luther King quote: "The highest respect for the law is to break it when it is unjust." A hard angle between them would bring up some issue along those lines: maybe an injustice that catches people's attention and spurs mass protests. A trine would be when that last issue that came up during a hard angle has been resolved, and there's a lot of forward motion: like putting new laws passed in an effort to correct the problem, into practice.

But, there won't be a perfect partile aspect in these signs. Saturn is already at 18 degrees Capricorn. Even with retrogrades, it's staying in mid to late Capricorn for the rest of its current Capricorn transit. Uranus moves much more slowly. When Saturn moves into Aquarius, Uranus will still be in very early Taurus. The next aspect between them will be a square, from Saturn in early Aquarius to Uranus in early Taurus.

There actually was a recent trine from Saturn to Uranus, a year and a half ago, when Saturn was in late Sagittarius and Uranus in late Aries. They formed a fire grand trine with Mars at the solar eclipse of August 2017. That wound up being a very explosive time, on a global scale: extra intense wildfires and hurricanes, several mass shootings. Smooth flowing energy through those planets in the fire signs helped that happen.

LovelyMissAries

I think the Uranus in Taurus and the trine to Saturn in Cap might also affect the gender cultural issues. Perhaps loosen up old static norms of feminity/masculinity and allow people to change it upon more?

Oh that's an interesting angle, I can see that with Uranus in Taurus, but wouldn't Saturn in Cap want traditional gender norms?

LovelyMissAries

On a personal level, I think it depends heavily on which houses of your chart are involved and which, if any, of your planets are involved in the aspect.

Mine for example is my 7th and 8th house (Saturn in Cap in 7th, Cap rules my 8th) and my Moon is in Taurus in the 11th, Taurus rules my 12th.

Trines are not transits that make you sit up and take notice, but transits that provide momentum. Saturn is tradition, Uranus, moving beyond tradition.

But, there won't be a perfect partile aspect in these signs. Saturn is already at 18 degrees Capricorn. Even with retrogrades, it's staying in mid to late Capricorn for the rest of its current Capricorn transit. Uranus moves much more slowly. When Saturn moves into Aquarius, Uranus will still be in very early Taurus. The next aspect between them will be a square, from Saturn in early Aquarius to Uranus in early Taurus.

Such a good point, I thought about this after I posted. Thank you!

katydid

Oh that's an interesting angle, I can see that with Uranus in Taurus, but wouldn't Saturn in Cap want traditional gender norms?

Yes, but with a trine aspect, the two sides usually come to a meeting point.

Saturn in Cap likes tradition but they also like order and fairness and full social agreement.

So the Uranus in Taurus may be able to negotiate an opening for a new cultural standard. JMO