In need of some light in the darkness

Cary2

Banned
I've been drawn into reading your posts. I don't know how long. You are so fluent and witty. It is very entertaining. You talk about troubles, but it sounds so witty and creative that I don't feel any burden upon me the way it usually feels to hear lamentations. What a writer you are.

Lykanized

I've been drawn into reading your posts. I don't know how long. You are so fluent and witty. It is very entertaining. You talk about troubles, but it sounds so witty and creative that I don't feel any burden upon me the way it usually feels to hear lamentations. What a writer you are.
I'm sorry I replied late to this, my activity on this site is pretty sporadic, but thank you :love:
I find it hard to really put into words or properly express how much things like this mean to me, but this really means so much to me. Dumb as it may sound, it's things like this that sometimes get me out of a hole of selfcriticism which for me can halt all my creative processes

Thank you with all of my heart

Lykanized

More likely than not I'm leaving this site. There's one person whose number I have so I can probably get them to talk to people who want to talk to me so I can find another way to talk to them. If I leave, I want this thread locked. That's if I go retired or banned by asking

Lykanized

And if anyone who wants a way to contact catches me before I leave, feel free to ask for my number or email and we can find some other way to stay in touch

Lykanized

Is it? I'm going to have to clear it once I get around a computer. I'm gonna drop you an email before the night is up.
Ok. Actually, there's a PM I need to reply to of yours still
Honestly, I don't want to leave because I like this site a lot and I'm gonna miss so many people here, but I'll see what happens
If I do, I'd really love to exchange emails with you so we can stay in contact if you're ok with that

Lykanized

Ok, I've been depressed for about 2 weeks or something idek
I'm done with that. I'm just done being depressed. I had made so much progress and I think all the events with my uncle which really, I mean having him out of the house has been beautiful. But then there are some other things that have come as a result even tho this is really a good thing. I didn't even realize how much he affected me until he left, but immediately I could feel how much had been lifted from me
I also think I reached a point where I had to evaluate a lot of things as I'm just a very introspective person I guess. I really don't know what happened. I'm the kinda person who's always digging for those 'whys', but maybe it doesn't even matter

I feel like depressions aren't wholly negative things. Sometimes I think they're breaks we must take from physical reality to as I said reevaluate things. It's basically just that with anything that happens in my life I search for the reasons why both on the level of causality and overarching meaning. The latter is far more vital tho

Something cool that did happen was that Wednesday night I read some of my poetry out at an open mic. This was the first time in over a year and I'd only ever done it two times before, the second time I was also very sick and my voice pretty much gave out completely in the middle and someone had to finish for me. Both times were in highly intimidating settings with professional writers as opposed to this one which was more local, but those two others times my whole mentality was just different

My mentality those two times and with every other thing I'd do to pull myself out of my comfort zone was all about proving to myself just what I could do, putting myself out of my comfort zone just to see how far I could go. At this point I really have no doubts as to how far I can go and that I could do anything, so I don't need that. It's not a path of progression for me. Lately I've been needing something a little more, ya know?

I'd been trying to figure out what my new juice is. I have those inner tools so what's the next level??
Well that former mentality included doing some things solely for the sake of challenging myself. But you can't just take on everything in life that's challenging and even moreso JUST because it's challenging. And honestly, my inner monologue of questioning whether or not I should do things was basically..."does this make me scared on any level?" 'if no, then do it if you want to, if yes, then DEFINITELY DO IT NOW IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS'. I mean those are vital tools to gain, but after you gain them, you don't really need to keep doing that ****

Now it's more about meaning, something more personal. It's one thing to be able to go up in front of an audience and just get your *** out there and share something that you created, but it's another thing altogether to be able to actually make your time on that stage a piece of performance art which is one of my goals with my poetry reading. I know that's not gonna come until I do this so many times that I'm just that comfortable and natural up there that it's my default

I do have to admit that I was really nervous to go up and do this especially since I have social anxiety in every social circumstance. I tend to get shaky and stutter and all this other nerdy ****. But I had a quick convo with my sister who was also reading and had been reading her stuff this yr already and she told me to just own it. Just own my nervousness and my anxiety. I didn't even have very long to process that, but I enjoyed that fact since I just immediately went into action mode. I didn't give myself time to think about it all much altho I did think about what I'd go up and say

I kinda just went up there and told the crowd it was my third time ever reading something and I was extremely nervous. I explained to them why I was reading what I was since that particular night had a theme and I dedicated it to my mom since she has similar anxiety issues to mine that disturb greatly her creative process and orientation toward what she creates and I just did it. I wasn't nearly as shaky once I started and that quickly dissipated, but I still stuttered a bit. but that doesn't make me feel bad like it did in the past

Obviously I wasn't TOOO bad as some guy with very beautiful energy was flirting with me after

This was at a bar, but I hadn't had time to drink yet. I was 100% sober

Anyway--
---thing about anxiety is that it's really all about the fight or flight response. It's really just energy built up, priming us for action. That's what it is. It's an evolutionary advantage, otherwise it wouldn't be so rampant as it is. It helps get us out of our minds and just do what we need to do. That's the whole ironic duality of it. Anxiety prone individuals tend to overthink, yet anxiety calls us to stop thinking

As a result, I surprise myself all the ******* time. I'm very good at thinking on my feet, bullshitting in the moment, thinking fast and taking action based on those thoughts, and I have superwoman reflexes. Things like that. I'm thinking a lot of people with anxiety probably have these abilities laying latent within them as well and these are things we can tap into

What I've learned is that every traits comes with it's little partner in crime. The more extreme we are, the more likely we are to hold opposing traits of whatever extreme trait we have. So being a very extreme person in general like I am is quite the trip!!

As an example, if you're very anger prone or prone to extreme hatred, you really do have equally as extreme pools of love within you. That's just how it goes

Lykanized

I can't remember if I went over what happened with my uncle...
Basically I was waiting for a parcel to come in the mail: a pair of 160$(including shipping and tax) earrings. Beautiful ones I'd been looking forward to getting for weeks. The arrival time for these earrings wasn't set in stone since these were personally made earrings from an etsy company. I had ordered a ring from the same company a month prior to ordering the earrings and I figured I'd have to wait an extra month to get the earrings, but NOPE! Turns out that these earrings came around the same time I got the ring

My uncle spends all of my grandma's money on useless **** that in his delusional mind is part of his ""company"" even tho he rarely sells anything. He gets packages every single day and he's gotten to the point where he just assumes everything is his. But he also doesn't respect anyone else's property so a part of me wonders if he knows these things have the potential to be someone else's but just doesn't give a ****. Or maybe he even sees the name and just decides to keep it. Especially me because I'm the one person in the house who has the lowest tolerance for his **** because I just don't put up with peoples' ********

He's gotten three of my packages this year already including an iPhone 7+ my bestfriend set me and a 2TB external harddrive she also sent me. He also stole a pair of 100$ sai of mine with the excuse that he felt they were demonic ??? I had to personally go get these things from him, but getting those sai back was tough because he initially he completely lied. But this time,... he already sold the earrings for 20 ******* dollars and I know he genuinely did this. He wasn't lying. Such an idiot...

I was very straightforward and mature about it all even tho internally I was raging. I just calmly asked him if he had perhaps gotten my earrings and showed him a picture and he didn't lie to me. He told me he sold them and he'd try to get them back

I told him this in a very mature albeit cold tone, 'ok, either get me my earrings back, or get me 160$'. And Christ almighty. He went into a huge rage. He started getting so defensive... I guess he didn't like hearing his 25 yr old niece tell him that, but he's done so much ******** both ridiculous and abusive and there's absolutely nothing respectable about him. His hang up is that he wants everyone to respect him but he commands less respect than a 3 yr old. And I was being very adult about the whole thing but he basically threw an adult temper tantrum. He got so upset with me telling me things like, 'you know Celine you can't just get 160$!!! It's not that easy!!!!'. Acting like I didn't understand how much money it really was but like... yeah I do understand it, but he just stole it from me and I'm not gonna let him do that

I called him an idiot because that's what he is. I don't care to be fake with people just to soothe their egos. That's when he really started losing it. It got even more heated and we started getting into an argument, but then he threatened violence... I pretty much challenged him at that point and told him I'd call the police. So he pushed me. He's been violent with me before and I was so done with all of his ******** I just called the police and told them what happened and he was taken in

This man is ill, but the fact is, he knows how to be charming in front of people he needs to be. Well, not charming, but charming perhaps in comparison to his normal state. There was even one time he was raging and he didn't realize someone was over and as soon as he did, he just turned everything around. So we all know he has selfcontrol, he just doesn't care to use it around his family

He's in jail now. I also got a protective order against him(meaning he can't be within 200 yards of me legally) and I'm gonna extend it for 2 yrs. Good riddance. I really hope i never have to meet my uncle again

Some people just never learn that there are consequences to their actions and they need to. He needs to. My grandpa wanted to teach him, my grandma just wanted to baby him. He's not as strong as my mom is, so he just let himself be babied. She tried that **** on my mom too, but my mom didn't want to be babied. And their sister is leading a completely normal upper middle class life. Obviously my uncle isn't very strong so he really needed that guidance. if my grandma had allowed my grandpa to do that, my uncle would probably be happy right now

instead he's one of those people who's so unhappy that all they can do is take it out on other people

Lykanized

On that note, I have to say... I've never been in an online community before with so many people who are like that, who are like my uncle. Who just project all their ******** onto other people and who are just so delusional every interaction just leaves you dumbfounded

I don't know what it is about this site. I mean this is just an astrology site! I've been on reddit, on a site dedicated to an indie band, to a website dedicated to personality systems(like mbti and enneagram) and you'd think you'd find a lot of crazies there, but no. This site is a special one

But I think I'll end up staying. I have to separate myself from all the vents that happened yesterday. I won't be reading any moderator or admin emails in the next week. I'll just delete them. I'll put this individual on ignore and just keep them there for good and hope they respect the lines I've drawn

I love so many people on this website that I really would love to stay. I've just been in such a bad place already that everything affected me all that much more and I guess I'm already a very emotional person. But it's just a forum, it shouldn't be that big a deal. I can't take shame in what does affect me, but I suppose I wasn't prepared for the interaction I had with that individual because it was just so damned absurd and surreal

Cary2

Banned
On that note, I have to say... I've never been in an online community before with so many people who are like that, who are like my uncle. Who just project all their ******** onto other people and who are just so delusional every interaction just leaves you dumbfounded

I don't know what it is about this site. I mean this is just an astrology site! I've been on reddit, on a site dedicated to an indie band, to a website dedicated to personality systems(like mbti and enneagram) and you'd think you'd find a lot of crazies there, but no. This site is a special one

But I think I'll end up staying. I have to separate myself from all the vents that happened yesterday. I won't be reading any moderator or admin emails in the next week. I'll just delete them. I'll put this individual on ignore and just keep them there for good and hope they respect the lines I've drawn

I love so many people on this website that I really would love to stay. I've just been in such a bad place already that everything affected me all that much more and I guess I'm already a very emotional person. But it's just a forum, it shouldn't be that big a deal. I can't take shame in what does affect me, but I suppose I wasn't prepared for the interaction I had with that individual because it was just so damned absurd and surreal

This is not my first rodeo or my first astrology site. The other sites have the same deplorable shortcomings. Astrology attracts various parasites who think that astrologers would be easy pickin's -- a gullible bunch. So all kinds of riff-raff and sociopaths move in to push their agenda. They all pretend to be astrologers. IT IS EASY TO TELL WHO IS WHO.

The Boy Scouts organization attracts pedophiles to the roles of Scoutmaster. The Roman Catholic Church attracts preditors to the role of Priest. Astrology sites attract many kinds of preditors and psychopaths. It is not a reflection on you or on astrology.

I would be sad if you left. I just met you, and I hope you remain. You are well equipped to deal with the phonies. You handle yourself pretty well.

Cary2

Banned
I can't remember if I went over what happened with my uncle...
Basically I was waiting for a parcel to come in the mail: a pair of 160$(including shipping and tax) earrings. Beautiful ones I'd been looking forward to getting for weeks. The arrival time for these earrings wasn't set in stone since these were personally made earrings from an etsy company. I had ordered a ring from the same company a month prior to ordering the earrings and I figured I'd have to wait an extra month to get the earrings, but NOPE! Turns out that these earrings came around the same time I got the ring

My uncle spends all of my grandma's money on useless **** that in his delusional mind is part of his ""company"" even tho he rarely sells anything. He gets packages every single day and he's gotten to the point where he just assumes everything is his. But he also doesn't respect anyone else's property so a part of me wonders if he knows these things have the potential to be someone else's but just doesn't give a ****. Or maybe he even sees the name and just decides to keep it. Especially me because I'm the one person in the house who has the lowest tolerance for his **** because I just don't put up with peoples' ********

He's gotten three of my packages this year already including an iPhone 7+ my bestfriend set me and a 2TB external harddrive she also sent me. He also stole a pair of 100$ sai of mine with the excuse that he felt they were demonic ??? I had to personally go get these things from him, but getting those sai back was tough because he initially he completely lied. But this time,... he already sold the earrings for 20 ******* dollars and I know he genuinely did this. He wasn't lying. Such an idiot...

I was very straightforward and mature about it all even tho internally I was raging. I just calmly asked him if he had perhaps gotten my earrings and showed him a picture and he didn't lie to me. He told me he sold them and he'd try to get them back

I told him this in a very mature albeit cold tone, 'ok, either get me my earrings back, or get me 160$'. And Christ almighty. He went into a huge rage. He started getting so defensive... I guess he didn't like hearing his 25 yr old niece tell him that, but he's done so much ******** both ridiculous and abusive and there's absolutely nothing respectable about him. His hang up is that he wants everyone to respect him but he commands less respect than a 3 yr old. And I was being very adult about the whole thing but he basically threw an adult temper tantrum. He got so upset with me telling me things like, 'you know Celine you can't just get 160$!!! It's not that easy!!!!'. Acting like I didn't understand how much money it really was but like... yeah I do understand it, but he just stole it from me and I'm not gonna let him do that

I called him an idiot because that's what he is. I don't care to be fake with people just to soothe their egos. That's when he really started losing it. It got even more heated and we started getting into an argument, but then he threatened violence... I pretty much challenged him at that point and told him I'd call the police. So he pushed me. He's been violent with me before and I was so done with all of his ******** I just called the police and told them what happened and he was taken in

This man is ill, but the fact is, he knows how to be charming in front of people he needs to be. Well, not charming, but charming perhaps in comparison to his normal state. There was even one time he was raging and he didn't realize someone was over and as soon as he did, he just turned everything around. So we all know he has selfcontrol, he just doesn't care to use it around his family

He's in jail now. I also got a protective order against him(meaning he can't be within 200 yards of me legally) and I'm gonna extend it for 2 yrs. Good riddance. I really hope i never have to meet my uncle again

Some people just never learn that there are consequences to their actions and they need to. He needs to. My grandpa wanted to teach him, my grandma just wanted to baby him. He's not as strong as my mom is, so he just let himself be babied. She tried that **** on my mom too, but my mom didn't want to be babied. And their sister is leading a completely normal upper middle class life. Obviously my uncle isn't very strong so he really needed that guidance. if my grandma had allowed my grandpa to do that, my uncle would probably be happy right now

instead he's one of those people who's so unhappy that all they can do is take it out on other people

Your uncle is a classic sociopath. No conscience. Con artist. Everything's a con or a manipulation. His upset feelings are a manipulation. All his feelings are displayed for effect. The physical threat is a manipulation. Everything is supposed to fragment the issue; divert away from his deeds. Its not his fault that he stole from you; its somehow your reaction of anger and your demand for his responsibility that is the offense. Complete pathology. He is a dangerous offender obviously.

david starling

It's even worse when someone of this sort can easily convince others that he's not to blame, no matter how obvious that he is when you examine the facts. That's one of the hallmarks of a really adept, sociopathic con artist.