Why moon is ALWAYS VOC?

chappygirl

Hello,

Lately, I have been trying to figure out what changes to make in my life as I am hesitating between very different paths.

So in 1 month, I have asked myself 4 different questions that really mattered to me. Each involved different areas of my life (travel, real estate, career, family matters). Yet, moon was always void of course when questions were asked at least one week apart:

- should I sell my apartment?
- should I make this trip to take care of some family matters?
- should I go on with this professionnal project?
- which activity would be more beneficial to me?

All were VOC moon so it means no or that nothing will come out of it. No early or late ascendant either.

My question is as follow: Could a consistent VOC moon in different charts relating to different matters could hold some sort of message?

Have you experienced it? What was the querent's situation at that time?
If so, what warning could it be?

:)

chappygirl

well not applying before leaving the sign nor within orbs.

or, as for the last chart, moon makes no aspect besides a square with uranus and a conjunction with pluto.

tikana

Chappy

dont bring up bring up saturnian planets to Kai, he get very cranky, he has a triton and might start poking your ribs with it.

T:tongue:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
chappygirl said:
well not applying before leaving the sign nor within orbs.

Ah, then that's why. This is the more modern definition of void of course, and by following it the Moon will be void every couple of days for some length of time.

Also, this;

All were VOC moon so it means no or that nothing will come out of it. No early or late ascendant either.

is a more modern misunderstanding of what the void of course Moon means. A lot of people try to pin this one on Olivia Barclay, but she's actually much closer to its original usage than people give her credit for.

Tik, what does Goldstein-Jacobson say about the meaning of the void of course Moon? Perhaps it begins there?

tikana

Hi Kai

here

Ivy has a very interesting take on VOC.
she says that the moon is not VOC if she applies to PoF either by major aspect of by parrallel by 1 degree. If MOon is completely VOC, then "nothing will come of the matter"

Even if the Moon is void of course but is parallel Fortuna, she still will bring the matter to perfection." ( ibid., p.80 )
"Even when the Moon makes no aspect at all except the parallel to Fortuna it will save her from being void of course. The chart then is not only usable, but may be the best assurance of success in the matter." ( ibid., p.116 )
As I mentioned above, parallel of declination is not a major aspect. She presented two example charts of void of the course the Moon but parallel to the Fortuna, "What is the matter with me?" at page 90

Tik

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Thank you very much!

I've heard she cites no sources, is that correct? If it is, then she likely did start the whole "void moon means nothing comes of the matter" schtick.

tikana

Hi Kai

The thing is POF is just a point it is not actual planet. So i don't know where she got this from to begin with.
I had NEVER EVER seen this work! I think it is important that we break this down because it seems like we all get stuck in those *(me included)*
Right now we have Mars VOC!

If we are discussing VOCs. Let's talk about them

Scenario 1

Significators are aspecting possitively but Moon is void.
What happens?

Scenario 2.
Moon will conj Sun in Aqua (both planets will perfect in Aqua)
New Moon horaries (agrh I never got a single YES out of those)

Scenario 3.
Voc moon is out of the orb but will perfect with a planet that is still in the sign

Scenario 4.
We have Moon VOC rogue not applying to anything and not separating from anything *rare* but it happens

Tik

tikana

Kai

I just dont like ppl panicking with MOON VOID - NOTHING! Crazy!

Here is the chart. My friend's bf is in the army .. there was some heavy shelling, one guy was killed .. right away it was posted on social site but the name was not released. She asked me "is he alive?" Mars was void I said I just don't like this mars. Anyway, I said either NOTHING or that's him but something tells me he is not there to begin with.
So she messages me 2 hours later he wasn't in the battle but he was in the hospital with a broken arm, something fell on him at the airport during the shelling a day before. He didnt call her but showed up the next day out of the blue.
Moon wasnt void if i recall. His significator was.

T

Attachments

• isandreiokay.jpg
    isandreiokay.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

chappygirl

thanks Kai and Tikana.

Well I had scenario 4 though.. :surprised:

Thanks Tikana. Its not about panicking, its about understanding :smile:.
I beleive there is always a reason for any constant themes, whether in horary or other areas of life. Thats how we came up with science, by observation of these constant themes.
The charts that dealt with personal matters were the only one to have a voc moon. So I would logically think there is a reason.

So here, I wondered if there could be a signification for this constant scheme (voc moon) and asked for your personal experience.

Your "is he alive" is a good example. If I am not mistaken, the question was asked in relation to the ambush. So it wouldnt be false to pretend that the question is actually "did he survive this ambush?". The chart could not answer a proper yes since as you said, he was not in the ambush. Yet he was alive. The chart took into account these parameters and the gap between the thought situation (by the querent) and the real situation. And that had to be shown in the chart: so how could there be a proper "yes" or "no" answer without falsificating the answer to the question of the querent?
And the chart showed that information that was unknown to the querent at the time of the question. Then, the VOC had a meaning, and that was this.

The chart makes sense in fully describing the real situation vs the known situation by the querent. So then, VOC has a real meaning and an important one.

There are several reasons that the quesited will not fulfill: as we have seen, because the situation is not exactly what is thought to be so the quesited cannot be answered by a clear "yes" or "no", or because the question is trivial or it will simply never happen.
But here, I dont see how I will do otherwise than move from my place so I am surprised to not have a proper yes or no answer.

Then, if nothing will come out of it, then that could mean that nothing CAN come out of it because of other reasons that impede the quesited to be dealt with. And the reason why is shown elsewhere in the chart. I do not have enough proficiency to properly interpret this outside information.

So did you come across this situation and what could be some of the possible "reasons" for consistent voc moon?

Marinka

Hello,

- should I sell my apartment?
- should I make this trip to take care of some family matters?
- should I go on with this professionnal project?
- which activity would be more beneficial to me?

These questions are not the best for an horary - they are all subjective (because of the should and the beneficial). For example, Should you sell your apartment - what would be the conditions? Are you asking if another location would be better for your social life, maybe selling now would give you more money than in 1 month ... none of these are in the question and they need to be so the question becomes objective or, able to be measured. With this in mind, it could be that the charts are not meant to answer the question.

I suggest that you look at the FAQ for horary and what they state about the questions, link is http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards

As to the Moon being VOC - can you provide the charts for the questions as some people may have different interpretations on what VOC is and what it means ...

If it is truly a VOC moon, it means that there are no events going forward (my interpretation and others may differ). It could be that all events have already happened, or could be that you are asking about something in the past and the answer is in the past aspects of the moon, or it could be some other meaning but, without seeing the charts, impossible to tell.

chappygirl

HI Marinka :)

For example, Should you sell your apartment - what would be the conditions?
I asked the question because I want to move out from where I live: so I wanted to know if I should sell the apartment (the option I was thinking about) or rent it.

Unfortunately, I didnt keep these charts apart from this one. But the one that made me start this thread was completely void, as significators but I cant remember the exact minute I cast the chart.

Meanwhile, here is the chart asked "which activity (among several that I have in mind) should I pursue for my best interests (money, happiness etc)?

Moon is VOC
I am sun. Sun is VOC in a cadent house: this reflect the fact that I have no power to act my way
The type of activities that would fit me: Venus
It is also in weak house, in aquarius, sign where Sun is in detriment. Venus is combust Mercury: mercury rules 11th and 2nd but cant figure out what it represents.

So there It seems none of the activities i have in mind are in my best interests (wow...thats confusing).
However, there are other informations:

- Moon in 4th house of end of the matter
- Mars, 4th house ruler, squares Moon from open ennemies' house
- Moon conjunct malefic Saturn
- 8th house ruler, Jupiter, in 12th house

So here, I would think that VOC, if it has a meaning, would give the following answer : "cant show which activity is best for you because nothing can come out of this choice because of important outside event happening to you".

What do you think?

Attachments

• whichactivity.jpg
    whichactivity.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 29

tikana

hey Chappy

oakay

so if you look into William Lilly's 7th house matters
you will see the answer to your question
if one should remove himself to a new location

read through that
and post what you find

giving you an answer on a silver platter will not help you to learn horary

T

Marinka

HI Marinka :)

I asked the question because I want to move out from where I live: so I wanted to know if I should sell the apartment (the option I was thinking about) or rent it.

Unfortunately, I didnt keep these charts apart from this one. But the one that made me start this thread was completely void, as significators but I cant remember the exact minute I cast the chart.

Meanwhile, here is the chart asked "which activity (among several that I have in mind) should I pursue for my best interests (money, happiness etc)?

Moon is VOC
I am sun. Sun is VOC in a cadent house: this reflect the fact that I have no power to act my way
The type of activities that would fit me: Venus
It is also in weak house, in aquarius, sign where Sun is in detriment. Venus is combust Mercury: mercury rules 11th and 2nd but cant figure out what it represents.

So there It seems none of the activities i have in mind are in my best interests (wow...thats confusing).
However, there are other informations:

- Moon in 4th house of end of the matter
- Mars, 4th house ruler, squares Moon from open ennemies' house
- Moon conjunct malefic Saturn
- 8th house ruler, Jupiter, in 12th house

So here, I would think that VOC, if it has a meaning, would give the following answer : "cant show which activity is best for you because nothing can come out of this choice because of important outside event happening to you".

What do you think?

The moon is at 5 Sag - there are many aspects that it will make before it will leave the sign of Sag and because of this, it is not VOC. With this, I'm not sure if you understand what VOC means.

Also, you need to be more exact in your questions - asking whether some action is in your best interests is not properly forming the question because you have to define what your best interests are (yes, I know that this is tedious to do). For example, if you are interested in money - how much money over what period. Asking about happiness is not a productive question because it is not objective, it is subjective ... so define what would make you happy and ask about that. This is a good exercise in properly developing questions and also coming to understand more about yourself in the process.

chappygirl

Hi,

Thanks again.

Yes indeed, english is not my main language and I think I dont understand. I thought moon is voc because it made a past aspect with saturn but is not going to make any more aspect in sagittarius.
Marinka, which aspects should I have seen?

Tikana, your refer to a relocation chart. I dont have my relocation chart as I said, this one is for guidance on activities to pursue. I understand, as said Marinka, that such question is not best suited for horary.
Do you have other chart to advise for such question though that I can look at?

thanks for your time and help :)

chappygirl

sorry Tikana, I dont understand your answer:
what relocation chart? i never look at the cr*p!
to my question:
Tikana, your refer to a relocation chart. I dont have my relocation chart (...) Do you have other chart to advise for such question though that I can look at?
I asked this question in reference to your comment:
"so if you look into William Lilly's 7th house matters
you will see the answer to your question
if one should remove himself to a new location"
As I said, english is not my native language so what do you mean by relocation here?
if one should remove himself to a new location
7th house is a new house after relocation - horary

thanks for bearing with me

tikana

i am running out to school ***** place*
when you are running a horary chart, look at 7th house as a new place

removing from one place to another is a HORARY question nothing to do with relocation charts.

chappygirl

I thing we got confused not talking about the same thing. That's why I wanted to understand if you were referring to this chart (career) or not. It seems it is for another question I had (moving).

i know I need another chart when asking a horary for moving/changing place. I did a chart for that question but as I said, I havent saved the chart.

So in order to interprete the answer, based on the advice you gave me (Lilly if one should remove himself to a new location), I will have to wait another 5 months before I cast another chart.