Strongest signs

CapAquaPis

In the zodiac, there are 3 levels of strength, energy and power. The middle stage: Pisces, Aries and Taurus. The lower tier: Cancer, Leo and Virgo. And the strongest level: Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. In between levels are equal wavelength (air signs): Gemini, Libra and Aquarius, which is my sun and moon sign - and my sign group doesn't like to put signs below or above us (or anyone else), an egalitarian genderfluid neutral sign ruled by Uranus.

Signs with the most physical strength, amount of anger or emotions, and what can be construed as "masculine" (destructive) and "feminine" (creative) forces. Aries, virgo and Scorpio fits the bill on cosmic or universal "alpha and omega", esp Aries is sex (ruled by Mars), virgo is birth (the first age of the procession now going to Aquarius) and scorpio is death (Pluto is the ultimate malefic planet). Pisces=psychic powers, Leo=emotional intelligence, and Capricorn=planning and "weeding" - yet not too strong. And "somewhat stronger, but not weak" Taurus is prone to anger while ruled by Venus (so is Libra), Cancer nurtures while the Moon is feminine and maternal, and pretty strong Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter is spiritual guidance and leadership.

And what about the air signs? Gemini is great in athletic ability and business management. Aquarius is about scientific advancement and political reform. And not sure what to call Libra, they are the scales - about the balance of yin and yang - middle point of the astrological calendar year. If Scorpio is the "strongest" vs. Leo "weakest", btw, are fixed signs, where does exactly the bull Taurus stand? Scorpio's opposite. And yes, my Aquarius is a fixed sign.

CapAquaPis

Masculine or positive energy signs: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.

Feminine or negative: Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.

Signs of Life and birth (and your mother): Cancer (the Moon) and Virgo (Mercury).

Signs of decay and death (and your grandparents): Scorpio (Pluto and Mars) and Capricorn (saturn).

Although the parts of pregnancy and childbirth is 22' Cancer and 8' Scorpio (also the part of your mother).

And the parts of mortality are 8' Virgo and 22' Capricorn (also the part of your father).

Now for sign of reincarnation (previous life), or your parents' lives: Taurus (Venus).

and sign of being a spirit in the afterlife...or to be reincarnated, your next life: Pisces (Neptune).

In my natal chart, Chiron in Taurus-11th and Mercury in pisces-9th.

The signs of fatherly figures (fire signs): Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.

Before Aries (Mars) is Pisces (Jupiter), Leo (Sun) and after Sagittarius (Jupiter) is Capricorn (Saturn) - they represent your father.

And signs of family influences (air signs): Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.

Note 3rd house under Gemini (Mercury) is about family and neighborhood, 7th under Libra (Venus) is about community and social group, and 11th under Aquarius (Uranus) about friends and the world around you.

urano

I would be tempted to say Aries and Scorpio because both are Signs where Mars (energy, courage) is in rulership.

Aries is a Cardinal Sign, action goes quick and strong!
Scorpio is a Fixed Sign, very persistant.

Leo (Fixed Sign) with the Sun in rulership is a strong sign.

Actually Common Signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) could be weaker Signs, but Cardinal and Fixed are said strong, especially Cardinal.

aquarius7000

Maybe not masculine then but the Taurus people I have known have been exceptionally strong, stubborn, fixed and calm.
Calmness is a sign of strength and certainly a hallmark of Venus. Stubbornness not so much. Fixed is a quality shared by four zodiac signs. Strength can come through a good Saturn, healthy Sun and Moon, a healthy Mars, and healthy Asc. It all depends on what kind of strength one is looking for.

To anyone really looking to pursue astrology, even if as a hobby, and looking to grow in the subject, I strongly, strongly suggest that one picks up Christian Astrology by William Lilly, also available online and read through it A to Z. One can still practise Modern Astrology, but Christian Astrology will at least give you a strong foundation, which is the Alpha and Omega of any subject one studies in life.

Animatrix

Calmness is a sign of strength and certainly a hallmark of Venus. Stubbornness not so much. Fixed is a quality shared by four zodiac signs. Strength can come through a good Saturn, healthy Sun and Moon, a healthy Mars, and healthy Asc. It all depends on what kind of strength one is looking for.

To anyone really looking to pursue astrology, even if as a hobby, and looking to grow in the subject, I strongly, strongly suggest that one picks up Christian Astrology by William Lilly, also available online and read through it A to Z. One can still practise Modern Astrology, but Christian Astrology will at least give you a strong foundation, which is the Alpha and Omega of any subject one studies in life.

My old boss was typical Taurus. Strong, robust and had a very steady "stand". He looked really immovable, like a bull. He had a very pleasant voice and was the best speaker I have met RL. He was also an old soldier and heard many stories about him, good, nice and strong Taurus. He loved to eat also, always ate much when it was lunch.

I shall read Christian astrology, because I like it from a religious-moral standpoint. I have understood that the stars play bad for us only when we commit sins or live out of tune with the universe, and that everything works for good when we live according to the law. That is my experience and seriously I believe it not to be an illusion.

waybread

CapAquaPisces, I've not heard of your system. What is its source?

Normally I wouldn't think of a sign being strong on its own. I think a planet can be strong but I'm not so sure about a sign. A sign qualifies or describes how a planet operates. The planet is the actor.

However, you might think of signs as being cardinal, fixed, or mutable.

cardinal signs: Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn (initiative-takers)

fixed signs: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius ("stay the course")

mutable signs: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces (adaptable)

Last edited:

urano

Indeed, Planets are the main actors, Signs are "lands" with different qualities or properties.

I think there is a classification concerning Signs with regard to physical appearance. Some Signs (on the AS) are said to bring a strong constitution for example, possibly the "bestial Signs" but I'm not sure, it's to check.

It depends on what is termed "strong". We can have a strong mind and a weak physical constitution, and vice versa!

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Fixed signs are the strongest; holding the line; deeply rooted.
Cardinal are the strongest going forward, fastest off the line, but with less staying power than fixed.
Mutable/common signs are the most adaptive but the least directed or grounded.
I put my money on Taurus/Scorpio for sheer strength. Leo is also very, very strong.

aquarius7000

...I put my money on Taurus/Scorpio for sheer strength. Leo is also very, very strong.
Very, very strong in what way? In holding the line? Which also means they hold on to issues like anger, stubbornness, jealousies, manipulation, bitterness the strongest and longest. Is that strength?

CapAquaPis

CapAquaPisces, I've not heard of your system. What is its source?

Normally I wouldn't think of a sign being strong on its own. I think a planet can be strong but I'm not so sure about a sign. A sign qualifies or describes how a planet operates. The planet is the actor.

However, you might think of signs as being cardinal, fixed, or mutable.

cardinal signs: Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn (initiative-takers)

fixed signs: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius ("stay the course")

mutable signs: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces (adaptable)

Yeah, the c/f/m system works best. Then the elements: fire, earth, air and water. There the 4 seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter (in the northern hemisphere). And finally, the 3 stages: Early, Middle and Late.

My sign is masculine, fixed, air, winter and Late. An Aquarius sun (and moon) combination. And Aquarius, Pisces, Gemini, Cancer, Libra and Scorpio are said to be psychic/ spiritual/ the soul, as well the signs of the mind/ psyche/ universe being Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo and Libra.

aquarius7000

...My sign is masculine, fixed, air, winter and Late. An Aquarius sun (and moon) combination. And Aquarius, Pisces, Gemini, Cancer, Libra and Scorpio are said to be psychic/ spiritual/ the soul, as well the signs of the mind/ psyche/ universe being Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo and Libra.
Can you please explain how Saturn and Mars ruled signs can be "psychic"?

Thanks

aquarius7000

"Strongest signs" - the problem lies in the fact - how do we understand "strongest"?

Signs that are psychic? Or is strength defined by compassion? Or is being assertive and warrior like seen as being strong? Are masculine signs stronger than feminine signs per se? Are we talking about physical strength or emotional strength? I could go on and on with examples. Is a sign stronger if it rules an angular house? Are fixed signs strongest because they hold on to feelings/ other characteristics? You see how broad the spectrum is. However, "strongest" is a superlative, so you cannot have so many strong signs especially when there are only 12 of them.

Here is how I criteria-rise strength. But before I launch, please bear in mind that I am talking about signs, NOT people with those sun signs.

Libra is strongest when it comes to relating to people because of Venus ruling it.
Gemini is strongest in communicating with others because Mercury is all about communication and thinking.
Virgo is strongest when it comes to practical details or the fine print because that is also part of Mercury.

So, basically, each sign is the strongest in the quality its planetary ruler and its element (earth, water, fire, air) stand for.

IleneK

Premium Member
Very, very strong in what way? In holding the line? Which also means they hold on to issues like anger, stubbornness, jealousies, manipulation, bitterness the strongest and longest. Is that strength?

Yes, you are correct. The strength is for better and worse, so it could be holding on to anger, stubbornness and also their opposites, and really everything in between, as that is the nature of fixity in this context.
The strength, the tenacity, I think, is blind. I was thinking of it as pure strength without any values attached. I was thinking, metaphorically, that it is the degree to which a muscle can flex. Fixed signs by that definition have the greatest sheer strength.

Good conversation. Thank all of you.

aquarius7000

Yes, you are correct. The strength is for better and worse, so it could be holding on to anger, stubbornness and also their opposites, and really everything in between, as that is the nature of fixity in this context.
The strength, the tenacity, I think, is blind. I was thinking of it as pure strength without any values attached. I was thinking, metaphorically, that it is the degree to which a muscle can flex. Fixed signs by that definition have the greatest sheer strength.
I understand what you are saying. Then again, to relax/contract and again stretch a muscle, fixed signs could have the maximum problems because they are fixed in nature, whilst mutable might be able to adapt (to un-metaphorise it) themselves the best.

IleneK

Premium Member
I understand what you are saying. Then again, to relax/contract and again stretch a muscle, fixed signs could have the maximum problems because they are fixed in nature, whilst mutable might be able to adapt (to un-metaphorise it) themselves the best.

So true about problems with too much fixed. Also, there can be problems different in nature, but to the same degree, with too much mutable.

Ideally we want cardinal, fixed acting cooperatively and skillfully so we can start, sustain and let go as needed.