Thor's hammer.

UraSatVen1029

What does this do for the natal chart holder? I've read some articles, saying that its some sort of volatile pattern, giving the person a huge amount of energy and will for survival. Also it has been called as "god's gift".

I know two examples. Two celebrities who have this in their charts.

One is Sarah Ferguson, and the other is Christopher Reeve.

Christopher Reeve's story seems to fit more. We all know the accident that caused him immobility but still cane out stronger and better, making him a great social role model.

But is it true that for these people, life is always hard and a struggle? It seems like it.

waybread

I use planets for these patterns, not angles or sensitive points.

Basically, you've got two squared planets that join a third apex planet through two sesqui-squares. (Aspects of 90 and 135 degrees, all part of the 2-series of aspects.) So there is a triangle pattern here, with a planet at the tip that will be the outlet for a lot of the energy. Because these are hard aspects, little kids with this pattern are liable to act out and need to expel a lot of energy. Ideally they learn some self-control as they get older, but I suspect people with this aspect are walking pressure-cookers.

Sarah Ferguson is interesting, because basically she had life handed to her on a silver platter as a member of Britain's royal family, but she had to risk everything and throw it away. And live with the consequences.

I think a tough horoscope gives the person a dilemma: do what is socially sanctioned and live an inauthentic life; or challenge social norms in an authentic way, and risk becoming a social outcast.

Animatrix

I've heard that it is an unwillingness to give up; and an ability to break free from stifling circumstances.

Do you have one in your chart?

UraSatVen1029

I use planets for these patterns, not angles or sensitive points.

Basically, you've got two squared planets that join a third apex planet through two sesqui-squares. (Aspects of 90 and 135 degrees, all part of the 2-series of aspects.) So there is a triangle pattern here, with a planet at the tip that will be the outlet for a lot of the energy. Because these are hard aspects, little kids with this pattern are liable to act out and need to expel a lot of energy. Ideally they learn some self-control as they get older, but I suspect people with this aspect are walking pressure-cookers.

Sarah Ferguson is interesting, because basically she had life handed to her on a silver platter as a member of Britain's royal family, but she had to risk everything and throw it away. And live with the consequences.

I think a tough horoscope gives the person a dilemma: do what is socially sanctioned and live an inauthentic life; or challenge social norms in an authentic way, and risk becoming a social outcast.

Ah, i see. I think I have this on my chart. Saturn and Neptune tightly squared both aspecting my Mars in sesquiquadrates. Well, idk. Does this count?

UraSatVen1029

I've heard that it is an unwillingness to give up; and an ability to break free from stifling circumstances.

Do you have one in your chart?

Hmm, sounds like an admirable thing. It really is a special energy or gift for sense of survival and persistence.

Since you confirmed that i ahve one, does this mean I have to use my mars to creatively activate this energy? Since it is supposedly a volatile pattern? Possibly a destructive one if not expressed well?

Animatrix

Hmm, sounds like an admirable thing. It really is a special energy or gift for sense of survival and persistence.

Since you confirmed that i ahve one, does this mean I have to use my mars to creatively activate this energy? Since it is supposedly a volatile pattern? Possibly a destructive one if not expressed well?

I'm not sure. I think I read somewhere that a Thor's hammer is like a weapon given to you by the gods, and it is a very very powerful weapon, and only the strongest or most adaptable (most willing to live) can bear it. Hardship is like the way to get it, or something like that.

I don't know anything on how to activate it or work with it other than it is a powerful configuration that brings hardship, but that it is ultimately a reward or something.

Animatrix

I DMed you :)

I find it funny now that I realized I have T-squares and this pattern. Wooh! Always thought my chart was a little boring at first...

Thor's hammer should be very significant. I have one too and one astrologer who did my chart was very impressed that I had one, he was very well read on them. He has removed his website however, so I cannot contact him now. But he said the thor's hammer pattern is very significant.

UraSatVen1029

Thor's hammer should be very significant. I have one too and one astrologer who did my chart was very impressed that I had one, he was very well read on them. He has removed his website however, so I cannot contact him now. But he said the thor's hammer pattern is very significant.

Oooh you have one too? :) "very impressed", huh. It's that amazing? o_O

I kinda get the connection here in my chart. Saturn-Neptune square with Mars at the tip. Waybread said my mars is prominent, it also does trine my ascendant closely, its also the co-ruler of all of my Scorpio planets (Sun-Mercury-Venus) with a mutual reception to Mercury, squaring my Pluto (ruler of Scorpio), in 8th house, the handle of the bucket chart pattern (also not sure if the one in my chart is considered a bucket pattern), chart ruler Saturn in Aries, ruled by Mars. Always thought Mars didnt really do much on my chart, I assumed Saturn/Neptune/Uranus has more influences , but Mars seems to be gaining that spotlight now.

Last edited:

Animatrix

Oooh you have one too? :) "very impressed", huh. It's that amazing? o_O

I kinda get the connection here in my chart. Saturn-Neptune square with Mars at the tip. Waybread said my mars is prominent, it also does trine my ascendant closely, its also the co-ruler of all of my Scorpio planets (Sun-Mercury-Venus) with a mutual reception to Mercury, squaring my Pluto (ruler of Scorpio), in 8th house, the handle of the bucket chart pattern (also not sure if the one in my chart is considered a bucket pattern), chart ruler Saturn in Aries, ruled by Mars. Always thought Mars didnt really do much on my chart, I assumed Saturn/Neptune/Uranus has more influences , but Mars seems to be gaining that spotlight now.

Yeah I have one, but I don't know so much about my own or how to interpret it since there is no information about thor's hammer, or the information out there is not very specific. I have no idea on what yours may mean. But maybe the planet which has 2 sesquiquadrates is the planet which will break free and break the tension formed by the squares?

waybread

With a horoscope pattern, the best way to analyze it is to break it down into its component parts.

1. A square between two planets is normally stressful; although less so when Venus or Jupiter (benefics) are involved. What do the planets mean? How are they affected by sign? Where do they operate by house?

2. Each of these planets makes a sesqui-square (360/8 x 3) to a third planet. Sesqui-squares are also normally stressful. What is the third planet up to, according to its own nature, sign, and house?

3. So we have 3 planets involved in a stressful configuration. With a pointer configuration like the yod and Thor's Hammer, usually we would look to the planet at the tip of the triangle to see what best to work on for some kind of constructive release.

Note that the apex planet will also be the opposite midpoint of the two planets involved in the square. (Each planetary pair has a near midpoint, and its opposite point, which is also a midpoint.)

4. Look at your life. Does some of it look like what you've described?

Sheldon Rosner

Alex Jones and Liz Truss both have this, although Truss might be questionable as no time of birth is known and it involves the Moon. If she's born close to noon, it fits and shows a disruptive nature that tears things down. Elvis Presley had it and after he built up an empire, he tore it down with drug addiction. Alex Jones' story is widely known and the Brits hate Truss already, her policies failing miserably. It's a difficult aspect pattern with all challenging aspects involved and it depends on which planets are involved and the signs, too.