Very unclear on career/destiny. I want to be a writer - does the chart support it?

marestar20

Hello everyone.

I am not one of those people who has always had a dream career. Due to many family issues, particularly with my mother, I never really had a plan beyond going to college.

4 years after graduation I am still uncertain about what I want to do. I recently started a blog about my history of abuse, and about just dealing with daily life (6th house), but I am not sure if this will ever be more than a hobby.

I want to start a film production business with my fiance (Sun-Merc-Neptune stellium in Capricorn conjunct DC), but I also feel the need to have my own career and identity separate from that (NN in Aries in the 10th, conj. Moon).

My Mars, ruler of my 10th house and my NN, is in Pisces in the 9th. The 9th also holds my Jupiter in Pisces. Mars is squared by Neptune in the 6th.

I recently applied for several jobs, and really thought I nailed one of them; however, I was supposed to hear back about it on Friday and didn't. Given transiting Jupiter going over my ASC, I was surprised by this!

There's another, work-at-home technology job (Uranus in 6th) that I'm also waiting to hear back from, but it could be another 3 weeks before I hear anything. Besides, this would be a 6th house position - just a job, not a career.

My Mars in 9th ruling my 10th and NN would suggest doing something in religion, education, or something spiritual, wouldn't it? I write about spiritual topics on my blog, but my Mercury receives some very harsh aspects and I have no air in my chart outside of Chiron Rx in the 12th. (Oh, I write the blog using a pseudonym, if that helps at all.)

The Sun in 6th conj. DC rules my 2nd house, so maybe I will never make money from my career, only from jobs? I hope not. That idea makes me sad.

Any thoughts? I really want to get started on my career, but nothing seems to be clicking! (Thanks Neptune square Mars - haha!)

Thank you for your time!!
- Mary

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 65

Sati

To answer your question - yes. It might be quite therapeutic for you to talk about your hidden pain. Your sun and mercury seem to be conjunct and very close to your DC in Capricorn. You could very well benefit from partnering up with another business for your writing. Your moon rules your asc and it's in your 10 house Aries so if you have a passion for writing than you should pursue it. Aries will need to use their intuition, follow your instincts, and above all else be original.

ukdesifem

I think you can. You have a Grand Water Trine of a sorts, between your AC, Scorpio and Cancer.

You also have TN in Aries/10th, and Mars in Pisces/9th. You probably have the drive to be such, and with your strong Water energy, the emotional depth and insight too.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Your unclarity comes from your Neptune-Merc. conjunction. However, you can use your Neptune for better things like imagination, which is a necessary ingredient for writers.

You have your career axis (MC) in Aries. Now Aries (Mars) needs a lot of freedom and usually dislikes following a 9-to-5 office regimen, so, most likely they will either work in shifts, or free lance, or work from home. Now that can sound like a writer. Now, for writing, one needs for thoughts to come from a keen power of imagination and a soulful mind, so we look for any aspects between the Merc. (practical mind/ intellect) and the Moon (soul/ subconscious mind), and for probable aspects between the third-house ruler and the Moon. You meet all these requirements. So, yes, you seem to have the right mix required for writing. The rest (that is to stop overthinking and start doing) is up to you really.

conspiracy theorist

It's been three years since this thread but if you by happenstance come back to this site then I'd also concur with the rest of the posters and say that your chart supports writing as a profession.

The Moon is related to writing traditionally speaking and fortunate for you, it not only rules your ascendant but it is also located in the 10th house of career. If that wasn't enough it is also conjunct the NN which acts as an augmenter to whatever it touches (Pele & Franz Beckenbauer, two great footballers, had their Mars conjunct the NN despite both having it in detriment). The neat thing about the NN/Moon in the 10th is that it supports the film industry as well, because the Moon was the traditional ruler of imagination and illusion, and of course the analogy to the silver screen is pretty telling of the lunar influence in film.

The ruler of your MC is located in the 9th which is a house that is very knowledge driven - a vast library of information of an imaginative and pragmatic kind is necessary to be a good writer. This Mars trines a Venus in the 5th - connecting the career outflow more directly to aesthetics and creativity.

Also notice that of the 3 planets that are most geared toward professions traditionally speaking - Mercury, Venus and Mars - Mercury is the most angular and with that would make you more likely to pursue Mercurial areas in regard to career, which writing is.