Legal: what will be the outcome?

tsmall

Premium Member
What do you mean "significators on the angles"? Does that cancel a non-radical chart? As far as I know that doesn't matter, if the chart isn't radical then it's not fit to be judged.

There is no chart that is not fit to be judged. All charts are telling you something. And the idea of "radicality" wasn't included in the original interrogational guidelines set out going back to Dorotheus, and the Persians. It was really Bonatti, and later Lilly who used their experience to bring the idea of radicality to the table.

A radical chart is assumed to be "rooted" in that if the conditions for radicality are met the Universe is looking at the question, and rooted in the sense that horary cannot bring what natal doesn't promise. But the true test of a chart is if the significators are "signifying" as in, does the chart accurately describe the situation.

It has been my experience that if the chart is not radical, it means that the Universe is trying to tell the querent that there is something more important happening that must be paid attention to than what the question is about.

Godsent

There is no chart that is not fit to be judged. All charts are telling you something. And the idea of "radicality" wasn't included in the original interrogational guidelines set out going back to Dorotheus, and the Persians. It was really Bonatti, and later Lilly who used their experience to bring the idea of radicality to the table.

A radical chart is assumed to be "rooted" in that if the conditions for radicality are met the Universe is looking at the question, and rooted in the sense that horary cannot bring what natal doesn't promise. But the true test of a chart is if the significators are "signifying" as in, does the chart accurately describe the situation.

It has been my experience that if the chart is not radical, it means that the Universe is trying to tell the querent that there is something more important happening that must be paid attention to than what the question is about.
Agreed. She asked other horaries after that because there was something more important happening than what the question was about, which was what she truly wanted to know.

Dr. Farr used 9th house for the judge and litigation, while traditional astrologers use the 10th house and of course it would be different depending on the house you use.

Letterd

In this chart, Cancer = 1st house = Moon
...I took the 9th house as significator for the judge and final judgement
...9th house is under Pisces, and THE SOUTH NODE POSITS THE 9TH HOUSE
...for me, then, this indicates a "NO" answer (negative answer) to this question; the judgement is vitiated by the presence of the Dragon's Tail in this house (which is the signifying house of the question)

True, 9th house lord Jupiter retrogrades toward Moon and Moon flows toward Jupiter; also Moon is in the 2nd house (of money), and Moon applies to a sextile with Jupiter: these are all + testimonies: however, my experience with the South Node in horary (and indeed in mundane as well) has taught me that when this Node is posited in the sign/house signifying the question (as it is here), the outcome will usually be negative even when other testimonies in the chart suggest otherwise...
Thanks. That's disappointing. After everything they had done I hoped that it would at least end in a fair judgement.

dr. farr

It could happen down the road; here's a practical point, though: with lawyers, if they feel that an injury has occured to someone, and that they have a good case, they will pursure litigation entirely on contingency, the client not having to put up a dime (the lawyers take their share after settlement of the matter in court) So if you think you have a case, and tell lawyers its details, and they actually don't think you have much of a chance of winning, they will then want their fees up-front, out of your pocket, rather than upon a contigency basis.
If your lawyers wanted up front fees ($10 grand or more) then it almost certainly means that they do not think you have a winnable case.

Cap

Quite true.

Additionally, astrologers could use "radicality" to avoid giving an answer.

In my experience, all trivial questions and questions asked out of sheer curiosity tend to produce "messy" charts. On the other hand, questions about something that has been bothering the querent for weeks/months tend to produce very clear charts. I usually ask one or two questions per year for myself.