Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

marestar20

Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

Hello everyone,

I hope that someone here can help me, as I have many questions regarding my ongoing health problems and my natal chart [please see attached]. I am very confused and often in a great deal of physical and mental pain. Any advice or insight would be invaluable to me, and much appreciated.

This will be a lengthy post, but I hope you will take the time to read it:

Medical background: in August/September 2008 I started having tingling and numbness in my arms and legs. This then progressed to severe muscle and joint pain. My doctor (at the time) gave me a five minute exam and a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, a diagnosis I have never found very helpful. She prescribed Cymbalta to go along with the Vicodin I had been given by a school RN (this all started at the beginning of my senior year at university).

I went off the Cymbalta in June/July 2009, and off the Vicodin about 1-2 months ago. Within the last month, I have recently begun taking clonazepam/klonopin because my pain problems seem to be directly related to chronic, often overwhelming stress/anxiety. I also have a fairly serious lower back injury, sustained while playing sports in August/September of 2005, from which I have never fully recovered. I believe this may also be playing a role in my pain problems; however, two doctors have told me that there is nothing physically wrong with my back.

At this time, the only ways I have found to lessen my symptoms are through prescription medication and incessant joint popping that is both uncomfortable and socially awkward. I also have hyper-flexible joints, just in case that detail is helpful to anyone.

Lastly, before anyone points out the benefits of exercise, I partake in a fairly rigorous exercise regimen: taekwondo classes 4-7 times a week and lots of stretching. When my symptoms began, I hardly ever exercised because I was finishing my last year at university. While exercise has helped my symptoms, it has not relieved them to the point where I am comfortable going off my medications.

Now, on to the astrology: I have a loaded 6th house, through which Pluto is currently transiting. While Sagittarius rules my 6th, most of the planets in the house are in Capricorn.

In my 6th house, one will find a (Capricorn) Neptune-Mercury-Sun-Descendant stellium that is being hit by Pluto right now. Uranus is also in my 6th, conjunct Saturn in the 5th, but both are in Sagittarius.

Another element of my chart that I think might be relevant is my retrograde Chiron in the 12th house, which opposes both Saturn and Uranus. I've read that anyone with Chiron opposite Uranus should avoid drugs at all costs.

On a similar note, I have read in many places that those with a 6th house Neptune must avoid drugs. Does this include medicine prescribed by doctors? Must I quit taking my sedative prescription? Is there anything in my chart that points towards a cure for my physical pain and mental anxiety?

With my 6th house Neptune tied into such an integral stellium (containing my sun and a chart angle), I am worried that I might be doing more harm than good by continuing to use prescription medications. However, I see no other way at this time to make my life livable with such constant pain and anxiety.

Again, any advice or insight that the community can offer would be greatly appreciated.

With hope and gratitude,
- Mary

Edit:

Additional notes/information:

I have tried some homeopathic remedies for my chronic pain (yoga, herbal medicines, and vitamin supplements) and, as with the martial arts, these have helped the problem but not solved it. The yoga instructor I worked with told me that my hips were very much out of alignment - the left moreso than the right - and that the way I walk reinforces this problem.

I have often treated both the pain and the anxiety (which I'm convinced are linked) with, let us say in this public forum, more Neptunian "herbal" remedies. The latter has often been very helpful in, again, reducing the physical pain and anxiety, but using that particular form of medication makes me nervous, considering the 6th house Neptune and it's role in my stellium.

I am convinced that the stress and the physical pain are linked for several reasons. For example, a stressful conversation or experience will immediately manifest itself as intense, sometimes overwhelming, back pain, which can usually be relieved by either clonazapam or, if I'm lucky, twisting my spine to make it pop. When it pops, it's usually at least three loud cracks that draw attention from those around me. It feels as if there is a lump, perhaps of fluid, on the right side of my lower back. This makes it more difficult to relieve the pain when it's on that side.

This joint popping remains an absolute mystery to me. It is sometimes the only thing that will relieve the stabbing pain in my joints (lower and upper body). For example, early in the day my toes will often go/be completely numb and I'll have intense, stabbing pain (the kind of pain I get in the rest of my body) in the arch of my foot (particularly on the right). It will be bad enough that I cannot walk without popping my toes (manually) and the arch of my foot (with those muscles).

My Pluto in the 4th house may also have a role to play here. (As I mentioned above, transiting Pluto is currently hitting my 6th house Nep-Merc-Sun-Desc stellium.) I had a very difficult childhood and my living situation had much to do with that. I endured neglect, occasional deprivation, parents who warred verbally and legally (notice the almost perfect orb sun-square-moon); for a period of several years, drug addicts and violent men were not uncommon figures in my home.

Being a very sesitive person, I repressed most of the feelings these experiences engendered as a way of surviving. I am currently seeking intensive, emotionally-focused "talk therepy" surrounding these issues, and it is this therepy that led me to get off the pain killers and onto anti-anxiety medication.

I hope that this additional information is helpful.

Thank you and I pray for your insights,
- Mary

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_mary_15575_13151.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_mary_15575_13151.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

marestar20

Re: Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

Additional notes/information:

I have tried some homeopathic remedies for my chronic pain (yoga, herbal medicines, and vitamin supplements) and, as with the martial arts, these have helped the problem but not solved it. The yoga instructor I worked with told me that my hips were very much out of alignment - the left moreso than the right - and that the way I walk reinforces this problem.

I have often treated both the pain and the anxiety (which I'm convinced are linked) with, let us say in this public forum, more Neptunian "herbal" remedies. The latter has often been very helpful in, again, reducing the physical pain and anxiety, but using that particular form of medication makes me nervous, considering the 6th house Neptune and it's role in my stellium.

I am convinced that the stress and the physical pain are linked for several reasons. For example, a stressful conversation or experience will immediately manifest itself as intense, sometimes overwhelming, back pain, which can usually be relieved by either clonazapam or, if I'm lucky, twisting my spine to make it pop. When it pops, it's usually at least three loud cracks that draw attention from those around me. It feels as if there is a lump, perhaps of fluid, on the right side of my lower back. This makes it more difficult to relieve the pain when it's on that side.

This joint popping remains an absolute mystery to me. It is sometimes the only thing that will relieve the stabbing pain in my joints (lower and upper body). For example, early in the day my toes will often go/be completely numb and I'll have intense, stabbing pain (the kind of pain I get in the rest of my body) in the arch of my foot (particularly on the right). It will be bad enough that I cannot walk without popping my toes (manually) and the arch of my foot (with those muscles).

My Pluto in the 4th house may also have a role to play here. (As I mentioned above, transiting Pluto is currently hitting my 6th house Nep-Merc-Sun-Desc stellium.) I had a very difficult childhood and my living situation had much to do with that. I endured neglect, occasional deprivation, parents who warred verbally and legally (notice the almost perfect orb sun-square-moon); for a period of several years, drug addicts and violent men were not uncommon figures in my home.

Being a very sesitive person, I repressed most of the feelings these experiences engendered as a way of surviving. I am currently seeking intensive, emotionally-focused "talk therepy" surrounding these issues, and it is this therepy that led me to get off the pain killers and onto anti-anxiety medication.

I hope that this additional information is helpful.

Thank you and I pray for your insights,
- Mary

Re: Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

On a similar note, I have read in many places that those with a 6th house Neptune must avoid drugs. Does this include medicine prescribed by doctors? Must I quit taking my sedative prescription? Is there anything in my chart that points towards a cure for my physical pain and mental anxiety?

With my 6th house Neptune tied into such an integral stellium (containing my sun and a chart angle), I am worried that I might be doing more harm than good by continuing to use prescription medications. However, I see no other way at this time to make my life livable with such constant pain and anxiety.
sorry to hear about such pain, but no one here should or would recommend you come off prescribed medicines from your GP. this is not what astrology is about in my opinion....

Now cos sun and mercury are conj 7th house cusp they should be interpreted as if in 7th (anything within 5' of house cusp going anti clockwise is considered more effective in next house along)

So, having the malifics (including saturn as it's conj 6th house cusp) is a major health problem and I feel mars square uranus and neptune are the culprits here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_astrology

Mars square or opposition Neptune
"This is a challenging position, as you have difficulty trusting in your ability to go after things that you want in a direct manner. It may also be that you have difficulty pinpointing what it is that you want, or that part of you doesn't feel you deserve it due to a basic lack of self-confidence. You fear rejection as well as criticism, and often use roundabout means to go after what you want.
Your imagination is so powerful that it can be hard to trust your instincts. You easily imagine things going wrong, just as you easily fantasize about good things! Your desire nature is strong yet also very suggestible. You're attracted to mysteries and intrigue"
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsneptuneaspects.html

I have known this aspect go one of two ways, either someone with high pain threshold (ignore pain) or bit of hypocrondiac

Planets conjunct a house cusp
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202304&postcount=7

byjove

Account Closed

Hi Mary,

you were born just a couple of months before me, and we have a number of similarities. I've Neppy in the 6th, Uranus in 6th and Sat conjunct Ura on the 6th cusp like you. I also have Cancer Rising, but a stressed Virgo Moon in the 3rd.

I have similar problems with modern 'medicine'/aka pill-popping. I had a terrible time about 2 years ago, and my skin burned for about a month. What I can tell you is this;

1. Psychological pressure, worries, anxieties are trouble for us 6th Neppies, we need to resolve issues more quickly to prevent sustained pressure, hence medical problems, aka psychosomatic illness; pressures on the mind spreading to the body.

2. You may have to go through many, many different types of medical advice, but you will eventually find things that work. I found tips by chance in a health magazine and the cream saved my life. (Aveno cream, with oats in the mixtures, soothed my skin like nothing else. I also used other heavy-duty chemist-creams for helping my skin; Silcocks base).

Problems at work, secret money problems etc. were my cause, and the HELL that errupted on skin came out of nowhere, BUT disappeared just as quickly, a month later. So ease the mind, find the remedies that work for you, and let it all wash away...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

marestar20

sorry to hear about such pain, but no one here should or would recommend you come off prescribed medicines from your GP. this is not what astrology is about in my opinion....

Don't worry; I would never do this without actually consulting the doctor. Anyway, in the case of this particular medicine, stopping suddenly can be extremely dangerous.

I have known this aspect go one of two ways, either someone with high pain threshold (ignore pain) or bit of hypochondriac

I've always had a very high pain threshold (I've always played somewhat violent sports, for example, and would rarely take an ibuprofen when I would get 12" bruises). I think that high "pain tolerance" might actually be part of the problem, though I think having more to do with emotional pain than physical.

As I mentioned in my (admittedly lengthy) edit above, I have always had a tendency to suppress negative emotions, and I think this may be manifesting itself physically; that energy has to go somewhere, I suppose. (The purpose of the emotional therapy I've mentioned above has, largely, been to process suppressed feelings, and to feel my feelings in general.)

I don't know where one would find these repressive tendencies, and their physical manifestation, (and perhaps their alleviation?) in my chart; maybe Sun-Moon-Cancer Asc T-square, Moon-square-Mercury, or either of my Uranus squares (Mars and Jupiter).

If, as you suggested, the problem stems from Neptune-square-Mars, then would its resolution come from a more supportive aspect to one or both of these planets? Mars-trine-Venus or Neptune-sextile-Pluto?

Thank you for your reply!
- Mary

marestar20

Thank you for your reply, byjove. It makes me more hopeful that someone with such similar configurations was able to find relief!

Best,
- Mary

dr. farr

I use Whole Sign houses in my approach, so the following will differ somewhat from the previous (and very valuable) postings:
-by Whole Sign, Neptune (along with Mercury and Sun) are NOT posited in the 6th house, but rather in the 7th house. Neptune (along with Moon and Venus) can be indicators of susceptibility to addictions (drugs and other types), particularly so if found in 6th, 12th or 1st houses: in your chart none of these planets are posited in any of those houses (so, in my opinion, your development of drug dependency is not-astrologically-likely)
-the 6th house of health is under Sagittarius, and posited by Saturn and Uranus; the sign Sagittarius is known traditionally as the sign most liable to physical accidents of all the signs of the zodiac (reference your first posting regarding sports injury of 2005 and "never well since") Sag also involves the upper legs (and certainly might reach as "high" as the sacral/lower back area); and here, in this accident-susceptible sign, we find posited Saturn (planet of long-term, chronic conditions) and Uranus (planet of sudden beginnings, and co-connected-with Mercury-to the nervous system-particularly the electrical basis of the nervous system)
-Saturn has special affinity to the skin, AND TO THE CONNECTIVE TISSUE (this includes tendons, ligaments, synovia and joints) Finding this Saturn indication in the house of health points to Saturn's affinitive tissues as possibly being the seat of long-term problems. Usually we find contraction under Saturn, yet you mention joints popping out too easily; but Uranus has the quality of great flexibility in its cosmic nature: too much flexibility, in your case (hyper flexible joints), hence the joints popping out, and problems with keeping things (connective tissue-wise) tight and aligned; Uranus also has close connection with the pure energetics of the body (along with Mercury), and subjective over-reaction to external influences (ie, this lends astrological testimony supportive of your belief that your stress levels are intimately connected with the physical body expression of pain and suffering)

...so, from my viewpoint, the fons et origo mali :)unsure: , means fountain and origin of the suffering) is centered in the 6th house of health, ruled by Sagittarius, and posited by Saturn and Uranus. Of course there are other significant influences contributing to your susceptibilities to be seen in the natal chart (I'll address these in another post if you would like), but I believe they are secondary to the :sagittarius:-:saturn::uranus:group dominating the natal house of health.

Last edited:

marestar20

dr. farr,

Thank you very much for your detailed response. (I pulled up my full sign chart on astro.com so I could "read along," as it were.) I am glad to hear that, at least in this house system, I am not as susceptible to drug addiction/sensitivity as I had thought. This has always been a major concern for me, as I come from a long line of drug addicts, alcoholics, and even suicides, on both sides of my family.
You do mention Venus. Others have spoken about how a planet conjunct a house cusp can/should be interpreted as being in that house. I do not know anything about the full-sign house system; should I be interpreting my Venus (29.35 Scorpio) as being in the sixth house? If so, what kind of impact does a 6th house Venus have? Is it very different from a 6th house Neptune? While I know a lot about the latter, I know almost nothing about the former..

...so, from my viewpoint, the fons et origo mali (means fountain and origin of the suffering) is centered in the 6th house of health, ruled by Sagittarius, and posited by Saturn and Uranus. Of course there are other significant influences contributing to your susceptibilities to be seen in the natal chart (I'll address these in another post if you would like), but I believe they are secondary to the -group dominating the natal house of health.

I would be very grateful if you would address these secondary issues; I have been quite bereft of (useful) knowledge and information for a long time now, and am eager to receive any you can offer. I am particularly interested in any remedies (lifestyle, herbal, etc.) you are aware of to overcome these often debilitating problems.

Thank you and I wish you the best,
- Mary

marestar,
there are lots of different kinds of astrologers here, professional, amateur, Traditional, Modern (like myself) and we all use different house systems to (just to complicate matters). It's only with 'discernment' and research will YOU identify which planets are in which houses and how they function.

Frisiangal

Hello Mary,
Your post rings some familiar bells with me. Have you asked something similar once before?
I don't quite know what you are asking of medical astrology. Most astrologers interested in this side of the art are not actually registered as medical practioners (who would ever find the time to post on a forum???), so it would be wrong to offer any kind of medical advice.

What you might find of help is the following website that provides the list of 'Ebertin's Anatomical Correspondences to Zodiacal Degrees.'
http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/table_anatomy_by_degree

The same list was once available on the medical section of this site but was later removed due to 'copyright' issues. ???

You will notice that many of your planets fall on degrees that coincide with (events leading to) your physical problems.

I don't know where one would find these repressive tendencies, and their physical manifestation, (and perhaps their alleviation?) in my chart

If you are familiar with the psychological approach in astrology, you will be aware that physical indispositions are a result of non-manifestation of planetary energy. By checking the meanings of your natal planets and whether you are using their represented energy correctly or not, you may be able to pinpoint the psycho-somatic causes behind your physical disorders. Point 1 made in Byjove's post.:wink:
It's then up to you to do the necessary that will alleviate them.

Good luck.

Claire19

I too have a 6th house stellium with the Sun and Mercury there too. I have chronic digestive problems.

Neptune can indicate hard to diagnose conditions it is true.
My feeling is that if you eating ethnic type cuisines there can be a problem there. I also feel that if you have travelled you may have picked up a virus that tends to linger. Have you eaten any airline food???

I am also a natural therapist and use alternative cures.

If you were to aquire A T Manns book on Astrology and Health it would help a great deal. It is a complex issue with a strong emphasis on the 6th and your ascendant and its ruler etc. That book gives every degree of every sign and its health indications also with the aspects elsewhere.

I also feel that reflexology would benefit you. I also feel that a specialist doctor or medical practitioner has not been of benefit to you. Perhaps the wrong diagnoses or medicines. We indeed need to be careful with any sort of medical questions and what I have suggested may ring a bell with you and you can follow it up.

Good luck

marestar20

Hello Mary,
Your post rings some familiar bells with me. Have you asked something similar once before?
I don't quite know what you are asking of medical astrology. Most astrologers interested in this side of the art are not actually registered as medical practitioners (who would ever find the time to post on a forum???), so it would be wrong to offer any kind of medical advice.

What you might find of help is the following website that provides the list of 'Ebertin's Anatomical Correspondences to Zodiacal Degrees.'
http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/table_anatomy_by_degree

Thank you for your reply, Frisiangal,

I have not asked about these problems before (unless my memory is going too, which I wouldn't discount as a possibility). I am not looking for traditional medical advice, as the traditional, Western medical community has not been of much help to me in the last year and a half. Rather, I am looking for the kind of information that you offer in the link you posted. :)
I was also thinking that some might be able to say, "ah, yes, an afflicted 6th Uranus - take some b-12 and call me in the morning!" or, "ah, 6th merc-square-10th n node - certainly yoga will rectify your problems" or "ah, yes, I've seen these problems/placements/aspects in others' charts before, and this is what worked for them..."

Also, I was looking for other's opinions regarding the relationship between a 6th house Neptune and the use of prescription drugs, as I have read many times of the warning against people with my placement taking any drugs. I was just curious if anyone was aware of there being a "special dispensation" for medicinal usage, or if someone with a more detailed knowledge of Neptune could provide further insight into the pitfalls one must navigate when taking powerful prescription medications. Some people have remarked upon this, and it has been very helpful.

In a lot of ways, this thread was a scatter-shot in the dark; I am quite tired of the daily pain, the anxiety I think is causing it, and quite wary of taking strong medications. I figured that no one was going to offer help out of the blue; I had to ask for it.

As regards the information in the link you posted (thank you again, by the way), I have a few questions regarding how to use it:

1) if a planet is between two degrees (say between 26-27; 26 23'24") should I look at both degree interpretations, the one the planet is closest to, or the primary degree (in this case, 26)?
2) are only planets in the 6th house relevant, all the planets in my natal, or only the 6th house and planets that they aspect?

Just from taking a quick glance at what parts of the body my Saturn and Uranus correspond to, it seems as if this might be an invaluable resource for me. Thank you!

All the best,
- Mary

dr. farr

Regarding the planet between 2 degrees, it has always been my practice to take the primary degree into consideration. Regarding the question about relevant planets, it is my opinion that all the natal planets must be taken into consideration.

Remember something: your natal chart indicates strengths, talents, abilities, potentials as well as possible imbalances and problems. Relating to your specific question in this thread, the concentration here is ONLY upon the potential problems and imbalances suggested by the natal chart-in other words, ONLY the problems are being looked at NOT the many strengths and abilities which are also shown in this chart. So do not be misled into believing that you have some kind of bad chart and ill fate-that is not the case, we are simply looking ONLY at the problems, and commenting upon them.

+In your original posting you mention a serious lower back injury from sports occuring in 2005 from which you have never been well since. By the technique of Pauline profection (the ascendant is advanced 1 sign for each year of life, the 1st year being counted as the natal position of the ascendant) your ascendant profected into your 7th (by whole sign) house, ruled by Sagittarius and containing Saturn and Uranus (see my above posting) in your 18th year, that is, in 2005. To me this profection verifies (in my mind) my above astro-analysis.

Regarding your difficult childhood, evidence of that is supplied by Dragon's Tail (South Node) posited in your 4th (home, foundation, family) house (by whole sign) at 16 Libra. You mention having been surrounded by those in the home connected with drugs, etc: Dragon's Tail in the 4th, plus Neptune in the 7th (a house that covers relationship connections) helps account for that fact.

We find an important, potentially problem causing and, also, problem solving association in this chart: Dragon's Tail + Head + Ascendant degree + Moon + Part of Fortune + Sun + Saturn + Jupiter, are all connected within 2 degrees of the Dragon Head/Tail axis (16 degrees): this means there is a subtle connection among all of these factors; no wonder your mind/emotions/body are so interwoven! Sun, Jupiter, Part of Fortune, Dragon's Head, all work toward solving problems; Dragon's Tail, Saturn toward causing problems; Ascendant (in the highly sensitive sign of Cancer, ruled by the Moon) and the Moon, having the effect of amplifying the subjectively experienced intensity of this push/pull situation.

Moon conjunct (by aspect) Part of Fortune, both at highest chart elevation (house wise by whole sign) up in the 10th near the MC; Part of Fortune indicates not only the outward, social connections of an individual (and their material fortune) IT ALSO REPRESENTS THE PHYSICAL BODY ( its position in the vital Aries, disposited by the vibrant Mars, shows a fundamentally sound condition of the physical body-ie, you are not weak physically) but notice the POF conjunction with the Moon: Moon is most important indicator of the emotional state; so, here we find validation of your belief of the intimate connection between your emotional state and your physical symptoms. Add to this that Cancer is the ascendant, the home of the Moon, and that in general Cancer ascendants tend to be "too open" to outside influences (like Pisces, but Pisces more to both environmental and subtle influences, Cancer more to emotional influences) and becomes easy to understand your particularly sharp emotion/body susceptibility.

Looking at parallels of declination (= to strong conjunctions), we find close parallel between Sun (vitality and individuality) and Neptune (both at approx. 22 South declin.) So you have, in fact, a Sun/Neptune conjunction (in whole sign, occuring in the 7th house of relationships) And Saturn is right there too, at 21 South declin, so there is in fact a Sun+Neptune+Saturn parallel: this adds to the Moon/POF emotion/body connection by connecting vitality (Sun) with the hidden, subtle and mysterious Neptune and the connective tissue/chronic conditions Saturn. Uranus (sudden conditions, over flexibility, the electrico-nervous elements of the sytem) is not far away, located at 23 South declin, close enough to both Neptune and the Sun to add its qualities to the mix.

Elementally considered, the natal has Fire in definite excess, and virtually no Air; Water is second to Fire, and there is also somewhat a deficiency of Earth. But excess Fire and deficient Air is the element problem aspect of your natal state.

To my way of analysis, your proximate as well as predispositional problems are quite clearly illuminated in the natal chart.

I strongly support what Claire19 wrote in her above posting. If you would like an outline of what astro-thrapeutics might indicate in a chart like yours, let me know.

marestar20

dr. farr,

I am immensely grateful that you've taken the time to look at my chart in such detail; you've seen many things that I simply do not have the astrological experience or knowledge to see, as I have less than a year's experience in the field.

And don't worry, I don't think that I have an ill-fated chart or anything; I'm quite proud, if one can be so, of many of my placements and aspects. However, I'm also quite aware that, as you say, since we're trying to solve a problem, we're primarily concerned with my natal's "problems."

Onward: nearly everything you write rings very true to me, which makes me even more grateful that you have come along to help me with this difficult issue. I will likely spend the rest of the evening - and probably the next few weeks - looking more deeply into the things you have observed, and their ramifications related to this question, and to others.

This conversation has also inspired me to explore the whole-sign house system that you have been using, as it makes a lot of intuitive sense to me, and seems to be yielding very relevant results in this case.

As regards your offer of an "outline of what astro-thrapeutics might indicate in a chart like [mine]," this too would be met with much gratitude.

You have been extraordinarily helpful, and I wish you all the best,
- Mary

Frisiangal

Hi again Mary,
You wrote:
As regards the information in the link you posted (thank you again, by the way), I have a few questions regarding how to use it:

1) if a planet is between two degrees (say between 26-27; 26 23'24") should I look at both degree interpretations, the one the planet is closest to, or the primary degree (in this case, 26)?
2) are only planets in the 6th house relevant, all the planets in my natal, or only the 6th house and planets that they aspect?

Dr. Farr replied:
Regarding the planet between 2 degrees, it has always been my practice to take the primary degree into consideration. Regarding the question about relevant planets, it is my opinion that all the natal planets must be taken

[1]
The unfortunate thing about the Ebertin degrees is that, apart from Taurus, all correspondences begin with 1* of the sign. It has often been wondered/discussed why no other sign has medical indications on the 0 degree. If there was error in the translation (as per disclaimer 'omissions and errors are for the acccount of the translator. M.L.V' in the English translation), or, correspondences do begin on the degree mentioned and the 0 degree refers in general to the particular region governed by the sign. No further research appears to have ever been done.

I have a memory of googling internet to find associations regarding discussing the influence of a sporting accident affecting the feet through how one walked.
I was taught to think in terms of .31 mins of a degree to .30 of the next degree (e.g. 17.31-18.30). Using this system, the Capricorn planetary positions (12.40 and 16.08) would point to the left knee area. Jupiter is on 18PI30, which would also point to the ligaments of the left foot. Using whole degrees, which I do not discount as being valid, the discomfort arises through the right knee and foot.
I'll have intense, stabbing pain (the kind of pain I get in the rest of my body) in the arch of my foot (particularly on the right). It will be bad enough that I cannot walk without popping my toes (manually) and the arch of my foot (with those muscles).

Can you verify which foot gives you the problem?

I also remember discussing the effect of sciatica, a physical complaint arising from the hip region of Sagittarius. Or spinal problems, arising from a harsh sun (spine) influence to a Moon on the spinal cord canal degree.

Your physical pain might also arise from the muscle spasms (Mars square Uranus) that can induce cramp in the Pisces-ruled feet/toes......a problem I long suffered with myself (and still ocaasionally do) until I astrologically worked out the reason.:wink:
The symptons of numbness and 'tingling' could also refer to the beginning of rheumatic pain. I sincerely hope this is NOT the case for you.

[2]
Although I agree that every planet in the chart must be considered, I think it is the links to the houses associated with physical indispositions, health and well-being (1st,6th and 9th houses) that will be suggestive of where physical pain can manifest, but only when planetary energy is not used as is its intent. I do not believe that any chart shows 'imbalances and problems'. All is meant for the individual's best intent but there can be issues that must be dealt with and overcome. Life is not always a made-up bed of roses.:smile: It's when one does not mentally/physically/emotionally feel able to deal with 'the issues' that the latent energy to do so finds no release and works inwards.

Moon-Saturn links refer to conditioned patterns. They are trine each other, suggestive of an old pattern accepted and easier to live with than trying to make any kind of change. With Moon ruler Ascendant and in the sign of 'me first', it is much easier for it to live through feelings and personal reactions towards others actions towards it, than show a Sun in Capricorn's stance to 'firmly stand one's ground and stand up for one's self on one's own two feet'. Caprocorn's mountains are there to climb and the difficulties along the path are challenges to be met, not feared. Sun square Moon.:wink:
To climb mountains one has need of self confidence and optimism in fulfilling one's ideals; the gift of Jupiter. Pisces implies faith. Does Jupiter in Pisces provide the umpteen faith and confidence to believe in one's self and climb each and every mountain (manifested events) that comes its way? Or does it wait 'for God to provide', like the man on the roof declining all help when his house was flooded and a boat and helicopter came to rescue him? And if he doesn't see the positive in such things? Jupiter square Saturn :whistling:
There is another manner. Maybe if one feels that 'God does not provide', it would be a good idea to meet the flood by finding the strength to reach for a swimming vest. Or, better still, overcome one's inner feelings of inadequacy and weakness (Pisces) to assert one's self (Mars) and replace them with an inner strength that actually empowers and enables one to swim to save one's self. Also Mars in Pisces.:smile:

Will Neptune in the 6th be good for you as a form of medication because such a position often indicates abuse by drugs?
Juding astrologically, Capricorn is an Earth sign. It has need of 'physical substance' rather than 'dreamlike states' to keep it grounded. Your Neptune makes no harsh aspect in Capricorn. This would suggest that medication is not harmful to you and, as (modern) ruler your 9th house of well-being, could well improve your general health in the long run. It's sextile to Pluto could imply progress through a positive transition of emotional 4th house content.

There is, however, a side of you (Black Moon Lilith in astro. com charts on 4* Cancer in 12th) that tends to prefer to disassociate/disconnect itself from its surroundings as a means to escape the hurt it experiences in the harshness of its reality. BML is a master/mistress of disguise and can inwardly create a role that allows it to withdraw from, and not rationally deal with the real outer physical experiences with which one is confronted. BML opp Mercury-Neptune in Capricorn. BML is of particular significance of the memories of the 'inner child' period, birth to puberty, and the effect this can have, in the form of inner images, on one's life.
Interesting to note that both transiting Saturn and Pluto have been activating this position. Somehow you do know that there is a connection between your emotins and your physical pain. A need to finally bring the inner child experiences that may have haunted you for so long to the surface, and thereby allow them to be dealt with and laid to rest?

Maybe if you can discover for yourself what role it is that you are playing that is taking over your rational existence, whereby your energies do not manifest as is their intent, you may find that the mountains you think you cannot climb turn out to be molehills after all. Your physical health could well improve as well. :joyful:

More perspectives to consider, but who said being human was ever easy? :biggrin:

marestar20

Hi again Mary,
[1]
The unfortunate thing about the Ebertin degrees is that, apart from Taurus, all correspondences begin with 1* of the sign. It has often been wondered/discussed why no other sign has medical indications on the 0 degree. If there was error in the translation (as per disclaimer 'omissions and errors are for the acccount of the translator. M.L.V' in the English translation), or, correspondences do begin on the degree mentioned and the 0 degree refers in general to the particular region governed by the sign. No further research appears to have ever been done.

I have a memory of googling internet to find associations regarding discussing the influence of a sporting accident affecting the feet through how one walked.
I was taught to think in terms of .31 mins of a degree to .30 of the next degree (e.g. 17.31-18.30). Using this system, the Capricorn planetary positions (12.40 and 16.08) would point to the left knee area. Jupiter is on 18PI30, which would also point to the ligaments of the left foot. Using whole degrees, which I do not discount as being valid, the discomfort arises through the right knee and foot.

Can you verify which foot gives you the problem?

Both, really. I get pain in the whole of both of my feet - bottom, top, and ankle - and then numbness in the toes of both as well. However, the pain is certainly worse and more frequent on the right.

I also remember discussing the effect of sciatica, a physical complaint arising from the hip region of Sagittarius. Or spinal problems, arising from a harsh sun (spine) influence to a Moon on the spinal cord canal degree.

In doing my research, and taking a few yoga classes, the idea of sciatica has come up many times, given my past lower back injury (the one that's never really gone away, and the pain of which can only be relieved by twisting and cracking the spine) and (inner) hip pain and cracking.

Your physical pain might also arise from the muscle spasms (Mars square Uranus) that can induce cramp in the Pisces-ruled feet/toes......a problem I long suffered with myself (and still ocaasionally do) until I astrologically worked out the reason.:wink:
The symptons of numbness and 'tingling' could also refer to the beginning of rheumatic pain. I sincerely hope this is NOT the case for you.

I hope so, too! :) There is no history of that in my family, as far as I know.

Muscle spasms ring a bell, though. The medication that I just started taking, klonopin, is supposed to relex you mentally and physically. I've found that it relieves my back pain better than NSAIDS, or even vicodin, ever did. It helps with the pain in the rest of my body as well, though nothing seems to eliminate the stiffness/pain that necessitates the joint popping. This reaction to the medication is one of the many factors that has led me to believe my pain is stress-related.

It's when one does not mentally/physically/emotionally feel able to deal with 'the issues' that the latent energy to do so finds no release and works inwards.

I agree that this is likely what's going on, and that my back injury is a physical weakness where all of this latent energy gets mushed up and misdirected throughout the body. There may be something chakra-related going on there as well, but I am not very informed on the subject.

There is another manner. Maybe if one feels that 'God does not provide', it would be a good idea to meet the flood by finding the strength to reach for a swimming vest. Or, better still, overcome one's inner feelings of inadequacy and weakness (Pisces) to assert one's self (Mars) and replace them with an inner strength that actually empowers and enables one to swim to save one's self. Also Mars in Pisces.:smile:

Your analyses of my Sun-square-moon and jupiter-square saturn ring true to me. This bit on Mars in Pisces I think is highly relevant as well. I have recently started studying martial arts (fairly intensely; 5-7 times/week) and hope that this activity, which I have really begun to love and rely upon, will help with a lot of these self-assertion problems. I think that these problems largely stem from patterns absorbed and developed in childhood, for which I am now seeking therapy 2x a week.

[Neptune's] sextile to Pluto could imply progress through a positive transition of emotional 4th house content.

This is funny: my klonopin has been very helpful in my therapy because it relaxes me enough to not be afraid of my own feelings, examining them and feeling them, which is the main purpose of the therapy.

There is, however, a side of you (Black Moon Lilith in astro. com charts on 4* Cancer in 12th) that tends to prefer to disassociate/disconnect itself from its surroundings as a means to escape the hurt it experiences in the harshness of its reality. BML is a master/mistress of disguise and can inwardly create a role that allows it to withdraw from, and not rationally deal with the real outer physical experiences with which one is confronted. BML opp Mercury-Neptune in Capricorn. BML is of particular significance of the memories of the 'inner child' period, birth to puberty, and the effect this can have, in the form of inner images, on one's life. Interesting to note that both transiting Saturn and Pluto have been activating this position.

This, again, rings true, and I (hopefully) am addressing many of these issues in my talk therapy, for it is something I did throughout my childhood to avoid the emotional pain and neglect in my surroundings. I also have a mentally ill mother (she became so after many abusive interactions with men, including my father) with whom I have been somewhat enmeshed for many years. This dynamic has, only very recently and through therapy, changed dramatically.

Also, I did, in college, have a tendency to escape the stresses of my day/life/emotions/head through alcohol and certain, smoked "herbal remedies," often to excess (I'm one year out of college now). It's this pattern that has made me particularly wary of trying to treat my problems with strong prescription medicaitons.

A need to finally bring the inner child experiences that may have haunted you for so long to the surface, and thereby allow them to be dealt with and laid to rest?

Hopefully, this is what I'm doing in my talk, emotionally-centered therapy.

Thank you very much for your valuable insights! This post continues to be extremely helpful for me.
- Mary

Edit
Quick, related question: what planet or house rules psychotherapy?

Last edited:

LittleMiss

Dr. Farr.This will be somewhat of topic, but I thought I could ask you anyways, maybe your explenation could help more people (besides myself) understand and get a deeper grasp of the issue. What you are writing seems really spot on and I've been reading this thread with great interest. But some of the things you wrote caught my curiosity:

Regarding your difficult childhood, evidence of that is supplied by Dragon's Tail (South Node) posited in your 4th (home, foundation, family) house (by whole sign) at 16 Libra. You mention having been surrounded by those in the home connected with drugs, etc: Dragon's Tail in the 4th, plus Neptune in the 7th (a house that covers relationship connections) helps account for that fact.

Part of Fortune indicates not only the outward, social connections of an individual (and their material fortune) IT ALSO REPRESENTS THE PHYSICAL BODY

Especially this you write about a difficult childhood evidence by south node in 4th? Can you explain how/what about this placement that indicate this?
And I'm also new to the fact that Part of fortune represent the physical body? How come? That is highly interesting!

Thank you in advance!

Claire19

Dr. Farr.This will be somewhat of topic, but I thought I could ask you anyways, maybe your explenation could help more people (besides myself) understand and get a deeper grasp of the issue. What you are writing seems really spot on and I've been reading this thread with great interest. But some of the things you wrote caught my curiosity:

Y
Especially this you write about a difficult childhood evidence by south node in 4th? Can you explain how/what about this placement that indicate this?
And I'm also new to the fact that Part of fortune represent the physical body? How come? That is highly interesting!

Thank you in advance!

The north node is in the 10th of career and public life. You are to concentrate on perhaps earning your own income and even being the breadwinner. The south node in the 4th simply means lives lead focussed on the domestic sphere and raising a family etc. THis is the life that most women have lead. You are to take responsibility and become an authority figure perhaps.

Part of Fortune does not represent the physical body unless it is in the 6th or perhaps the 1st. It is where we are lucky or do well and have fortune.
I have it in the 4th and have received monies from my family which enable me to live a good life. In Gemini, it was through my Gemini mother mostly.
Best to read up on all this for yourself through reputable books or websites as there is a lot of misinformation floating about.

dr. farr

Regarding the Part of Fortune (in hellenistic and traditional astrology), it represents the outer person, their inter-reaction with the social and environmental mileu, their material "luck" resultant from this interaction, and their physical body health (regardless of house position-reference for example, Manilius, Valens, Maternus, Paulus Alexandrianus, Ibn Ezra, to mention only a few; also ref. modern studies on the POF as, for example, that of Robert Hand, available on Astrodienst; also Zoller's book, "The Arabic Parts", etc, etc)
In the 1600's, the POF was dismissed as fanciful by Placidus and discounted by Morin de Villefranche (the latter having rejected all the Parts and Lots as ..."Arabic superstition"...); also in the 1600's Lilly and his followers-while still accepting the POF's "reality", greatly limited its indications. This trend was continued by 20th century astrological authors (Manly P. Hall going as far as to specifically declare that the POF had no influence upon health at all!) In most of the 20th century astrological authors (English language authors) we find the POF minimalised, to be considered at most merely as an indicator of material wealth or "good luck" or "fortune" as that term is understood in contemporary semantics.

Following the POF's traditional association with physical body health , I have applied the POF as body significator in astro-therapeutic analysis, with complete satisfaction.

Regarding the South Node: this is the Dragon's Tail of the medieval astrologers, the Ketu of jyotish. I have discussed my understanding of the DT on other threads both here and at Skyscript: again, as in the case of the full ramifications of the Part of Fortune, I follow more traditionalist understandings and considerations in these matters, than the modern school (note: I also follow many of the understandings of modern astrology over traditionalist concepts in regards to other issues: I am an eclectic, and "belong" to neither one nor the other point of view) For me the DT represents the point of chaos, the fly in the ointment-I accept the traditionalist view of DT as indicating the combined malefic qualities of Mars/Saturn. So finding the DT in the 4th house in natal, indicates to my understanding that some pretty hard influences were at work in the family home affecting the native.

Last edited:

Thank you in advance!
I have S Node in 4th conj mercury, venus and I didn't have a 'hard childhood' -- think it all depends on the aspects received by Node.
Also unless POF is in 1 or 6th I don't feel describes your physical body. I have POF in 1st squ to venus and now in my later years am struggling a bit with weight due to 'hormones/menopause'

Last edited: