Cancer as the start of the Zodiac makes more sense

JUPITERASC

The Red Planet is color-coded: Rules a Fire-sign.
Fire is Blue :smile:

103669319-blue-fire-in-gas-burner-gas-burning-from-a-kitchen-gas-stove.jpg

Glowing ember, red-orange.

Not a gas-flame.

white fire :smile:

1.jpg

Kannon

The zodiac as laid out in current common usage is in line with the geometry of Earth's (celestial equator) relation to the ecliptic: 0°Aries = 0° declination; 0° Libra = 0° declination.

CapAquaPis

You mean the Sun was in the CONSTELLATION now known as "Cancer" in the tropical and sidereal zodiacs at the Equinoxes 8000 years ago?

2000 AD - 5' Pisces, 1 AD/1 BC - 1' Aries, 2000 BC - 26' Aries, 4000BC- 21' Taurus, 6000 BC - 16' Gemini, 8000 BC - 11' Cancer. Yeah, you're right. I was kinda off, 8000 BC was where the sun was in Cancer (sidereal or astronomical).

Cancer and Virgo are perceived to be maternal, while Aries and Aquarius are of fathers. However, Virgo ruled by Mercury has a strong masculine component, and Aquarius as an air sign, is represented as part-feminine like it is bigender. The signs Gemini (the twins) also ruled by Mercury and Cancer's opposite the "father sign" Capricorn (also a feminine sign) has to do with the dual nature of being a parent. And Leo caught between Cancer and Virgo in the summer sign group has a "father figure" of their children, while Pisces between Aries and Aquarius represents a "maternal figure" with two sons who she raised to be independent men.

david starling

I've personally replaced the rulership of Aquarius by the male personification of the Heavens, correct spelling "Uranos" (also "Ouranos"), with his granddaughter, Urania. Urania became Greek goddess of the Heavens after Uranos was deposed by his son, Cronus. She's the Muse of astrology and astronomy, and harkens back to the Egyptian goddess of the Heavens, Nuit.
Problem is, there's an asteroid bearing her name, so I have to specify it as Urania:uranus:.