Watch lost

Kannan

Dear Members

I gifted a costly watch to my grand daughter and she lost it. She remembers to put the watch in her suitcase on her trip to Delhi from Chennai. When she opened her suitcase the watch was gone. I erected a chart at Chennai to find out the fate of the watch. Chart enclosed. My initial reading of the chart is not encouraging

1. Watch=Mars in Pisces in 10---Negative
2. Late Ascendent ---Negative
3. Perhaps it was stolen at the air port from the checked -in luggage
7th lord Mars is in 6 house

Will the experts help with further inputs on this

Thank you

kannan

i

Cypocryphy

Dear Members

I gifted a costly watch to my grand daughter and she lost it. She remembers to put the watch in her suitcase on her trip to Delhi from Chennai. When she opened her suitcase the watch was gone. I erected a chart at Chennai to find out the fate of the watch. Chart enclosed. My initial reading of the chart is not encouraging

1. Watch=Mars in Pisces in 10---Negative
2. Late Ascendent ---Negative
3. Perhaps it was stolen at the air port from the checked -in luggage
7th lord Mars is in 6 house

Will the experts help with further inputs on this

Thank you

kannan
i

I'm not sure how you calculated this, but if this is your granddaughter, then I am calculating the fifth from the fifth, and then the second thereof for personal property. That means that Aquarius is the ruler of the house, thus Saturn is the significator of the Watch. Saturn is the significator of your child's child (granddaughter). The Sun and Mercury are also significators secondarily; however, I will use Mercury as the natural significator because I oft find that the planet makes itself suitable for the finding of items.

Mercury is retrograde, but applying to Saturn in the sixth house. Your watch, I deem—because of the watery nature of the signs governing the situation—means the watch has fallen into a river from a boat or is lost in a body of water.

As an alternative, Mercury with Neptune in Pisces is an inimical signification, portending to thievery and deception. Mercury is combust, and it is burning more and more as the days progress. The square is applying (a very wide, out-of-sign square) and in a period of a week and a half, will vibrate strongly. It all seems to say that the watch becomes ever increasingly difficult to acquire.

With Mars ruling Saturn, and in the state that Mars is in, I don't see your granddaughter in a position to recover it. With Jupiter, however, forming a trine with the planets in the tenth and the Moon with the Sun, the watch may be returned to her by someone else, either the same watch or a replica, perhaps that you yourself will purchase.

All in all, I think it is unlikely that she will recover the watch.

Kannan

Harold

Instead of Mercury owner of 2nd house,by mistake I typed Mars. Sorry about the mistake

Cypocryphy

Thanks for your detailed analysis . Since the watch belonged to me originally I did not rotate it to 9th house. Of course I agree that since my grand daughter lost it 5 to 5 can be taken as the Ascendent. and Saturn becomes the primary significator of the watch. OK. But can you explain how Sun and Mercury are secondary significators. Normally in Horoary we consider Moon as the secondtry significator

Hope this clarifies

kannan

Cypocryphy

Cypocryphy

Thanks for your detailed analysis . Since the watch belonged to me originally I did not rotate it to 9th house. Of course I agree that since my grand daughter lost it 5 to 5 can be taken as the Ascendent. and Saturn becomes the primary significator of the watch. OK. But can you explain how Sun and Mercury are secondary significators. Normally in Horoary we consider Moon as the secondtry significator

Hope this clarifies

kannan

Yeah. Let me look. I did this late at night, trying to occupy myself while suffering from a bout of insomnia, which, incidentally, I believe is a good time to do readings because of the altered state one finds one's self in. And that applies to my method of chart reading, especially with regard to horary readings (and cold readings). I believe that in horary, more than any other form of astrology, intuition is needed more and in a greater amount. That is how I approach this; I am not fond of mechanical, dogmatic horary delineation. I thought I would let you know because you might want someone who approaches this with a more traditional approach to see whether a wrote method of synthesis will provide an alternative answer.

Okay. The reason for my using Mercury and Neptune as co-significators is due to their being in the house of the "watch" (your granddaughter's movable goods). I use planets in the houses of the quesited as co-significators. Incidentally, both co-significators are in the signs of their detriment, which is another testimony for the unlikeliness of the watch being found and returned.

I'm looking forward to hearing how this turns out!

All the best, Kannon
C.

Harold

Since the watch belonged to me originally I did not rotate it to 9th house.

Kannan, this is your chart and the watch should seen in this chart as how you view the watch. You obviously still regard the watch as "yours" even though you gifted it to your grand-daughter. As a gift to a member of your family, it is more in the way of a permanent loan... And so a radical 2nd house placement would seem appropriate.

Mercury is retrograde, so it is "on its way back". It is in Pisces where Mercury is in its detriment and its fall. So, it is probably not in the best condition.

The ascendant is late, so this indicates that the matter is already settled in some way. Perhaps you have made a claim on insurance?

Harold

What????? I'm glad I'm not in your gift giving circle at Christmas. Haha.*wink* You and only you on that one.

The you will not be surprised to learn that I do not give Christmas presents. My beneficence is enacted when I consider there is a need - or I feel like it - at any time of the year.

But if I had a watch that had been mine for many years and I had passed it on to my grand daughter in the manner of a family heirloom, to be looked after, treasured and kept safe, to be passed on to her daughter or son when the time came, I would consider it a loan rather than a gift.

Kannan

Kannan,
Mercury is retrograde, so it is "on its way back". It is in Pisces where Mercury is in its detriment and its fall. So, it is probably not in the best condition.

The ascendant is late, so this indicates that the matter is already settled in some way. Perhaps you have made a claim on insurance?

Harold

Good news . The watch was finally recovered. My grand daughter did't keep it in the Check-in luggage as she thought. . She had kept it in her dressing Table drawer in the corner in her room and forgot to take the watch with her before leaving on her tour. Her mother took it from her room yesterday while searching for something else.

Following things are obvious:

As predicted by you " Mercury is R and it is on its way back" ---True. But why in Pisces in a watery sign. Also the late Ascendent aspect did not work out
Mercury was in its Fall and Detriment. But the watch is in a good shape.

Hope this feed back will help to probe further where the prediction failed.

Thanks

kannan

Cypocryphy

You can also add yuor inputs

Kannan

Cypocryphy

The you will not be surprised to learn that I do not give Christmas presents. My beneficence is enacted when I consider there is a need - or I feel like it - at any time of the year.

But if I had a watch that had been mine for many years and I had passed it on to my grand daughter in the manner of a family heirloom, to be looked after, treasured and kept safe, to be passed on to her daughter or son when the time came, I would consider it a loan rather than a gift.

:lol: Makes sense now. :smile:

Cypocryphy

First, that's great news, Kannon.

Second, I did get part of it right, which was very accurate. Here is what I said:

I don't see your granddaughter in a position to recover it. With Jupiter, however, forming a trine with the planets in the tenth and the Moon with the Sun, the watch may be returned to her by someone else, either the same watch or a replica . . . .

Here is what you said:

Good news . The watch was finally recovered. My grand daughter did't keep it in the Check-in luggage as she thought. . She had kept it in her dressing Table drawer in the corner in her room and forgot to take the watch with her before leaving on her tour. Her mother took it from her room yesterday while searching for something else.

So the fact that someone else found it and returned it to her (or will) was accurate. What I was inaccurate about was the thieving or water interpretation and that it was unlikely she would recover it. I'll have to look into that and reanalyze the chart for why I went that route.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

I believe where I went wrong was not to follow the totality of the symbology involved. With the Jupiterian influence, with the Moon and the fact that the former is in Cancer, leads to several interpretations, which would have led to their being completely accurate. The Piscean (and Neptunian influence) signified the confusion on your granddaughter's part (thinking that she brought it with her when she did not), while, with Jupiter and my statement that it would be found and returned to her by someone else could only have occurred at her domicile, signified by Cancer. That is where I went wrong. It was, in part, a lack of total integration of the symbology. With the benevolent influence of the Sun and Moon, the fact of the applying hard aspect only showed that she herself would not recover, not that it would not be recovered, as I alluded to in the initial interpretation.

What do the two of you think?

Last edited:

Harold

Harold

Good news . The watch was finally recovered.

That it good news. A great relief you, I am sure. I am sure also that it is a great relief to your grand-daughter.

Looking back at your initial question and the chart, I assumed it was your question. But can I ask if this is actually your question or is it the question of your grand-daughter? The chart would make much more sense (to me) if this was your grand-daughter's question.

Thanks,

Geoffrey