Strength of Uranus/Pluto conjunction when Pluto is parallel ASC & IC

Cactus

I have been learning about parallels (thanks to Kannon initially and dr. Farr) and I have a question.

I know that a chart is not based on one isolated aspect. This question is just to help me understand the nature of the outer planets in relation to how parallels may or may not give extra emphasis.

I've seen a chart of a friend of mine (same age, actually, so kind of similar in outer planet activity) in which Uranus and Pluto are conjunct at about 5 degrees. Both Uranus and Pluto, not in an angular house, are however in close aspect with the Moon, Mercury and Venus.

But. Pluto is actually parallel the Ascendant AND the IC as well as the Sun and Venus. Uranus is not parallel anything.

The two are conjunct so would you see Uranus as equal in influence as Pluto with reference to the aspects to personal planets, or since Pluto has many strong parallels, would the Pluto aspects be felt more?

Would Pluto be the stronger planet in this outer planet conjunction?

Cactus

I should have mentioned that I can't attach the chart because I deleted it on my astro.com charts. I didn't think I needed it because I lost touch with her when she moved. Also, I was trying to declutter the amount of charts I had. Now I can't locate the birth info.

But I specifically remember noticing the Pluto parallels and have been meaning to ask about others' opinions of that in relation to the Uranus and Pluto conjunction and aspects to personal planets. Of course, having a chart is best, so I don't blame anyone for not wanting to respond. It was worth a try, though..:wink:

greybeard

Parallels "act as conjunctions." If Pluto beholds aspects along with Uranus, and only Pluto is parallel the aspected planets, other things being equal Pluto dominates the pair in terms of effect in the chart.

dr. farr

Parallels "act as conjunctions." If Pluto beholds aspects along with Uranus, and only Pluto is parallel the aspected planets, other things being equal Pluto dominates the pair in terms of effect in the chart.

This is also how I would interpret this situation.

Cactus

Thank you, greybeard and dr. Farr, for confirming my thoughts. Declinations have been a true eye opener for me.

A chart will come to life for me when I see a planet not angular in longitude but angular in declination. The aspects involving that planet, especially if it's an outer planet, make so much more sense, they become ones to focus on.

Let me ask you, when a personal planet has very few regular aspects and none in parallel, but has one or more parallels in latitude, would you take into consideration those aspects?

dr. farr

Let me ask you, when a personal planet has very few regular aspects and none in parallel, but has one or more parallels in latitude, would you take into consideration those aspects?

Yes, I would, however if the planet, although having very few"regular" aspects, had one or more of those aspects very close to perfection, I would give that aspect delineative priority over the latitude parallel, although I would also give some weight to the latitude parallel.

Regarding declination Parallel, of course, I always give that delineative priority over any other connections (including over conjunction in longitude) I give conjunction in longitude next priority, followed by opposition in longitude.

Cactus

Thank you, dr. Farr.

OK, so VERY close aspects will override the latitude parallel. Even a semi sextile under 30 min?

This is very interesting. If I may dare to go further on the latitude parallel..

How about, for example, Mercury and Saturn. Let's say Mercury has a moderate amount of aspects, including a 2 deg inconjunct from Saturn.

And Saturn in this example is one of the strongest planets, being closely conjunct AND parallel an angle and aspecting all personal planets and then some.

If there is a 30 min parallel in latitude of Saturn and Mercury, would you consider that to be effective, since:

* Saturn is extremely strong in the chart

* There is already an aspect between the two and the latitude parallel could be reinforcing the aspect?