Mariah Carey

Summery Joy

NN is her only placement in Pisces? I always got a huge Pisces vibe from her. I never imagined she had all this fire energy.

Are we sure that this chart is accurate? I find it hard to believe that her 6th and 12th are empty.

Her lyrics, especially the ones in the late 90s, resonated very much with how I felt. She was an idol of mine because of that (until the "I don't do stairs" incident). When I look at her chart now, I don't see anything in the synastry between her chart and mine that would give this effect. Her Neptune and Moon fall in my 7th, but I don't think that it. Her natal Venus is in conjunction with My natal Moon (in the 12th). This could be a part of why she has touched me so much. Her Mercury is in a wide trine with mine.

Maybe if I progress both our charts to when I liked her so much I'll find something.

I didn't know she was in a mental hospital. Sad. I hope she gets better. She may have done and said some stupid stuff, but her music did help me a lot at a point in my life.

Summery Joy

Shining Ray said:
P.S I wouldn't take my interpretation too seriously I am still in the learning process and I may not have synthesized some aspects correctly. I am just practicing in trying to read a birth chart. When I have re-read it back it is a little all over the place. But if I never try I will never learn.

Nonesense. You did a great job. I didn't even think that the Neptunain vibe was that Moon/Neptune conjunction. You brought that to my attention.

Arian Maverick

Strangely enough, I never liked the image Mariah Carey projected and never gravitated towards her music, although my natal chart shares many characteristics with hers--Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aries, Virgo South Node/Pisces North Node, a strong tenth house emphasis, etc. However, I appreciate her undeniable vocal talent and life struggle...

Arian Maverick

Summery Joy

Well, her best work in my opinion was Daydream. If you're interested, you could listen to it and come back to me. I'd like you know if it still has the ability to gain fans for Mariah after more than 10 years of it's release.

I love all the tracks on that album. However, the one that made me crazy about Mariah was the song called "Looking in". I still well up a bit whever I listen to it. It described how I felt for the longest portion of my adolescence. Here's the lyrics.

Summery Joy

Yeah, I suppose I relate to her music because of my SN in Pisces strengthed by the multiple aspects of my natal Neptune to other planets and points in my chart.

OK. I'm starting to think that maybe she has a Pisces ASC. She has the eyes anyway.

freedomlover

Yes, Shining Ray, you surely do spin a great story. It was a very interesting thread. I enjoyed it immensely.

And referring back to the "mirror effect"... I've found that not only are the darker sides of ourselves mirrored to us in others, but our positive, underdeveloped sides as well. Perhaps there is a positive quality of Mariah that is a part of you? Or do you identify with a certain quality of feeling trapped in a relationship? Does part of you want to break free?

This is a big part of my fascination with Jon Bon Jovi. He has a bold, yet humble, quality that I love. He's a songwriter and a musician, which is an underdeveloped side of me. Plus he's using his fortune to help the unfortunate, which is a long-standing dream of mine.

Just wondered what Mariah there was in Shining Ray? Hmmm? ;)

What a brilliant thread!!:D I just LOVE Mariah & her music, I'm a big fan, ever from being very young. It is a very interesting read!!! I must say I didn't connect the neptune thing with her, but I often listen to her, when I'm feeling emotional or want to connect or feeling dreamy..............

I wonder if you could help me see why I like her music so much!! Here's my info :D

Asc Leo
Sun Gemini, 10th house
Moon Libra, 3rd house
Mercury Gemini, end house 10
Venus Cancer, 11th house
Mars Virgo , 1st house

Also of interest to me is I have Neotune in Sagittarius 5th house. Hope someone can make the connections for me. ;) I often feel that Mariah connects me to my dreams & emotions...........

Ah thanks!!:D I do love Mariah...........she always seems so glamourous to me too...:D Yep, think its the venus in cancer & the leo ascendant, she perfectly fits what I would call 'glam'........

I love this thread!!!:)

StarNur

I love the stuff Mariah first came out with. Her music and style went down hill after she got divorced. How can anyone deny she has a wicked voice.

My favourites are:

Vision of Love
Emotions
I`ll Be There
Without You (kinda gets me down after a while though)
Fantasy
Honey

I have Moon square Neptune, and yes music is like a drug for me. Mariah is one music drug dealer thats given me a pleasant high.

Spin

I just noticed transiting Saturn will be squaring her natal Moon & Neptune. Hope it doesn't indicate another emotionally difficult cycle for her. Does she have a drug or alcohol problem?