Does Libra Rule Death?

Electro DGX

I want to hear your thoughts on this idea that Libra rules death. Someone in another forum states that Libra rules death, and it made me skeptical. Their argument is that because Pluto rules the underworld, the place where souls go to AFTER death, then Libra must represent the actual death in itself. Furthermore, they say that because the Sun sets in Libra, the sun ultimately dies and therefore adds more to their argument.

Do you agree? What are your thoughts on this?

JUPITERASC

I want to hear your thoughts
on this idea that
Libra rules death.

PLANETS are the rulers of SIGNS :smile:

Libra is a SIGN whose RULER is VENUS

Someone in another forum states that Libra rules death,
and it made me skeptical.
You are right to question and be skeptical

LIBRA IS RULED BY planet VENUS

people traditionally associated with VENUS include:

Musicians, gamblers, dealers in textiles linens and fine cloths
linen-drapers, painters, jewellers
actors
dealers in gemstones, polishers of gemstones
embroiderers, women-tailors
singers, choristers, fiddlers, pipers
perfumers, seamstresses
picture-drawers, engravers
upholsterers
illustrators
glovers, all as sell those commodities which adorn women
either in body (as clothes)
or in face, (as complexion-waters.)

keep in mind that when

A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and

it is the
quality of the planet's expression
that is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET :smile:

Their argument is that because Pluto rules the underworld,
the place where souls go to AFTER death,
then Libra must represent the actual death in itself.
Furthermore, they say that because the Sun sets in Libra,
the sun ultimately dies and therefore adds more to their argument.

Interesting theory
encourage them to write a book
could be an astrological best seller
and earn them a mint

you may be interested to learn that
HELLENISTIC astrology states
Cancer is the first house
and CAPRICORN the descendant or setting place

Capricorn is ruled by the planet Saturn
Saturn is a planet commonly associated with death

exaltations.jpg

however it is possible that if they work on their theory
and find a way to associate VENUS with DEATH

i.e.
LIBRA IS RULED BY PLANET VENUS
so that would have to be a factor

then they could make it feasible

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Actually, the sign Scorpio rules death, some astrologers argue Capricorn is another sign associated with death, disease and decline. The planets Pluto (Scorpio) and Saturn (Capricorn) are symbolic of death, giving their signs a fatal reputation. I understand the 7th house or descendant is ruled by Libra where the sunsets, then the 8th house proceeds a hour or two sunset or dusk a hour or two after sunset (should be the 6th house ruled by Virgo).

waybread

There is no sign that rules death.

We probably get our house system from ancient Egypt, which had a strongly solar religion. The horoscope has south at the "top," north at the bottom, east on the left, and west on the right. The setting sun in the west could be considered analogous to the "death" of the solar god Ra or of the human soul, which goes through multiple stations in an afterlife, prior to rising again in the east, at the ascendant point. This system was highly religious and symbolic, unlike our use of planets, signs and houses today.

This is a daily (diurnal) system, not the system of the sun moving through different signs during the course of a year.

This begs the question of matching signs and houses as a kind of paint-by-the-numbers. The 8th sign is not the 8th house.

waybread

Houses are not signs.

A house indicates the area or domain of life where a planet operates.

A sign indicates how or in what manner a planet operates.

Bunraku

Waybread, do you know which authors popularized the concept that houses are the same as signs? It seems like have a voluminous collection of astrological literature and resources

craft94

I want to hear your thoughts on this idea that Libra rules death. Someone in another forum states that Libra rules death, and it made me skeptical. Their argument is that because Pluto rules the underworld, the place where souls go to AFTER death, then Libra must represent the actual death in itself. Furthermore, they say that because the Sun sets in Libra, the sun ultimately dies and therefore adds more to their argument.

I don't think any sign rules death but it's an interesting concept. I mean, the balance always makes me think of like, the weighing of the souls once we die. I always figured that the Age of Libra would be the last age, Leo is the first - creation, Virgo is cleaning up after civilization ends, when earth is back to being a "virgin planet" so to speak.