Why I hate most vedic descriptions on internet

Julijana

So, when you search basic descriptons of planetary placements, you come across western and vedic ones. I have found (and I think most people too) vedic so scary, frightening, why is t like that? Is it normal? For example:

LAGNA LORD IN FIFTH HOUSE: His first child will not survive; he will not have happiness from kids. He will serve others.
LAGNA LORD IN SEVENTH HOUSE: His wife will be short-lived or he may have multiple marriages,...

Or a lot of descriptions like:
" he will have ugly feet and crooked nails..." , eat rotten food, be miserable (very common)

Can someone show me the light here? Or it's all because they translate this information from original texts? Why it scares people?

duenderoja

So, when you search basic descriptons of planetary placements, you come across western and vedic ones. I have found (and I think most people too) vedic so scary, frightening, why is t like that? Is it normal? For example:

LAGNA LORD IN FIFTH HOUSE: His first child will not survive; he will not have happiness from kids. He will serve others.
LAGNA LORD IN SEVENTH HOUSE: His wife will be short-lived or he may have multiple marriages,...

" he will have ugly feet and crooked nails..." , eat rotten food, be miserable (very common)

Can someone show me the light here? Or it's all because they translate this information from original texts? Why it scares people?

Rotten food is a poor translation for tamasic food. When it says the first child will not survive, it is likely aspected by ketu, Mars, or Saturn in a horrible way. When they make statements such as a short-lived marriage, they do so because of certain configurations. There are reasons for everything.

People do not like to hear things, but do people actually look at their feet? Do they perhaps have ugly feet? I think they do?

It is not the fault of the messenger.

RaRohini

Rotten food is a poor translation for tamasic food. When it says the first child will not survive, it is likely aspected by ketu, Mars, or Saturn in a horrible way. When they make statements such as a short-lived marriage, they do so because of certain configurations. There are reasons for everything.

People do not like to hear things, but do people actually look at their feet? Do they perhaps have ugly feet? I think they do?

Hi !
The original texts were in Sanskrit language and the intent and the ambience of those times was very different. So these interpretations are based on the lens of the interpreter.
Many of the real meanings are camouflaged and understood only by the real seeker.

duenderoja

Hi !
The original texts were in Sanskrit language and the intent and the ambience of those times was very different. So these interpretations are based on the lens of the interpreter.
Many of the real meanings are camouflaged and understood only by the real seeker.

But the first problem is that you must stop using these free websites which use these painfully translated Sanskrit. I will give the original poster a free reading. Just pm me your birth details.

Crystalpages

Sadly, not just on internet...! There are stylistic differences too between individual authors/translators, including but not limited to the cultural and other backgrounds of the writers/translators.

Surface veneer of the descriptions notwithstanding, please try to put that aside and with a modicum of healthy scepticism explore if the descriptions actually (and how often) match reality, i.e., stated vs observed. Jyotish was perhaps never intended to be mono-factorial (cherry-picking) but sadly seems to have ended-up that way, and not just on the repository of modern wisdom: Internet...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Julijana

I understand when the aspects with planets such as of ketu, saturn is involved in chart, so it may be the cause and I look at those things carefully. But, I found this paticular desription of ascendant lord in fifth house (with no other things involved) meaning losing first child and THAT sounds ridiculous.
And my feet are not ugly as I found in some vedic description. :D

I don't want to critisize The Vedic way, I want to understand why their descriptions, how to say this: are harsh? Unrealistic, maybe, because in this age much things are different, and for someone having a bad yoga doesn't mean that he will be a slave to others and he's life will be bad.

I try to connect points here, and use the teaching that is so old that is tested but now there should be a different approach to it. Especially when you use these sources in western side...

Ah.. Wish I could explain better in english what I mean :D

Julijana

Hi !

Yes! So I'm speaking about interpretations that are on internet. The people who write it. So some are disturbing

muchacho

It's never a good idea to take everything literally. You have to reach for the vibrational pattern or signature those examples represent. And those texts often only mention the extremes. So you have to work out the gray area between those extremes by yourself.

Julijana

It's never a good idea to take everything literally. You have to reach for the vibrational pattern or signature those examples represent. And those texts often only mention the extremes. So you have to work out the gray area between those extremes by yourself.
Yeah, because I don't want to scare to death people who ask to look at their charts :D

RaRohini

Ha ha !
Have you ever googled online for homeopathic remedy symptoms? It is something like that 😃

RaRohini

Believe it or not, some people actually want to hear such black/white style readings. Different strokes for different folks.

Yes true muchacho. Julijana, some people ask ' Oh ! So you mean all of my chart is good. Why don't you tell me the bad parts? You are hiding something from me.'What do you tell them?

muchacho

Yes true muchacho. Julijana, some people ask ' Oh ! So you mean all of my chart is good. Why don't you tell me the bad parts? You are hiding something from me.'What do you tell them?
Exactly. I can't help such people. There's a vibrational mismatch. Both will be talking past each other. The one with the generally positive outlook can't hear what the one with the generally negative outlook is saying and the one with the generally negative outlook can't hear what the one with the generally positive outlook is saying. It's as if they are speaking two different languages. And on a vibrational level they actually do speak two different languages. So it's a waste of time for both.

London89

Have you heard of the whisper game? Let's say there are 10 people sitting in a row and the first person says something to the other, by the time the 10th person states what the first one has said, the real meaning changes. The ancient maharishis have stated everything in sanskrit and everything is with respect to the entire chart NOT just one particular thing like 1st lord in 5th house and the kid will die. Well, my father has his 1st lord Jupiter in his 5th house Aries and Mars in the 1st house. And, I am still alive, hopefully I will still do by god's grace :happy:

Also, what you read on the internet on those free webpages needn't necessarily be the truth unless it has been stated that say statement 15/4 Brihat Jataka or BPHS. Add to it, how do you know that he has copied the correct statement and that 15/4 actually means that? Unless the source is very very authentic.

On a psychological note, it might be a wary for the reader for impending danger (which is necessarily good) or it might be to scare you so that you ask the services of the said person for the benefit of you.

It's all a matter of perspective. no?

muchacho

Well, you have to remember to look at the chart as a whole. And for an event to happen there have to be several indicators, not just one. Also, what is indicated in the birth chart can only come to fruition with the right Dasha and transit. If the Dasha that brings success in business happens when you are 3 years old then you won't benefit from it. That's just common sense.

Last edited:

Alkaid

The Lagna lord in the 5th is supposed to be an auspicious placement, showing good fortune from previous lifetimes and general happiness in 5th house matters like speculation, education and children. That's my understanding anyway, obviously sign placement, the dispositer, aspects etc can modify this quite a bit. But in a general sense the 5th is more often than not a pretty good house for the ascendant lord to be located.