12th house and Dreams

Moog

I'm curious about the condition of your 12th house and your dream lives.

The 12th is the house related to sleep, dreaming, spiritual guidance, among many other things. I have mainly seen these significations in Indian astrological materials.

My father has Saturn in his 12th house, and he reports that he very rarely remembers his dreams. He is currently running a Saturn dasa.

I was very into dreaming last summer, religiously recording my dreams in a dream journal. I also managed to have some lucid dreams with some training.

Then Saturn moved into my 12th house and my dreams seemed to dry up, or they became inaccessible to me in my waking state.

Recently, Saturn retrograded back into Virgo (11th) and I began remembering dreams again.

poyi

Premium Member
Hello Moog

Interesting topic! I had done some investigation by looking at previous transits since I had some unusual events related to 12th houses for 2 years. So I remember the timing and chase back the transits for that period.

I have always been an active dreamer. I hardly have any dreamless sleep. In western chart, my Saturn conjunct Sun conjunct Mercury, Sun rules Leo 12th cusp. I often able to remember most of my dreams and I can even change the story of my dream while I am actually still dreaming. I believe the consciousness Mind-Mercury conjunction with the ruler might have something to do with that. And my Mercury sextile both Mars and Moon, Mercury exalts in Virgo Mars in 1st house the head again. Moon is the ruler of the 11th house. Being active dreamer also maybe related to the condition of my Mercury.

When I was younger mostly early teenage to early adulthood, at time I can dream about the future and it later came true. I think that had something to do with the Rahu, it was during it half way cycle. My natal Rahu is in 10th house. Gemini so Ketu in Sagittarius 4th house. Rahu takes about 18 years to complete each cycle so it was halfway so hit my 11th to 12th houses sometime there. The transit was crossing my 11th house Cancer sign, 5th house moon in the opposite, Moon trine 1st house Mars and then later Rahu entered into 12th Leo, also experienced a lot of spiritual events and dreams. Mercury shares mutual reception with Mars in 1st house, the head and then Mars exalts in Capricorn the unconscious mind and the conscious mind Sun rules the 12th. I think these are the possible triggers in my case. According to my parents and sister, when I was a baby also had a lot of unusually experiences they believe related to evil spirit. Again I believe it was the Rahu first started its own transit. I am afraid similar things might happen again in the future.....it last several years each time....

I started my interest of occults also around that time. When Rahu entered into 11th to 12th house sections. I even studies about dream interpretation a lot during that time. In that period my dreams were most clear and I can remember very well, very clear images and even real as real.

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

I use the Koch system because it seems to best "fit" my experiences (natal and transit). With Koch, I have Neptune at the cusp of my 12th and Moon opposite. I had very vivid dreams when I was younger, including psychic dreams.

This dreaming state has faded considerably over the years. (Especially after my first husband died in '96.) I still have SOME dreams, but they are not nearly as expressive or extravagant as the old ones.

Saturn is now transiting through my 12th house, and I've had very little dream recall in recent months. I hadn't made the connection between Saturn and the 12th until I read your post, Moog. Interesting and curious, considering we use very different charts!

poyi

Premium Member
I reckon no matter what charts you used. The apple is the same no matter how you cut it. It will still be from the same apple. :p

infinitenowhere

Neptune is currently transiting my 12th house and this whole month has been filled with premonitions and very pleasant lucid dreams. Lately when I go out skating I'll get the sense that I am going to fall up to 10 seconds before it happens 20 feet up the sidewalk or pavement. Saturn rules my 12th house in my natal in piscies and I would get dreams with messages from time to time but this year has surely been something and it only gets more and more intense. Mercury in Gemini makes it all flow right especially since mercury is in Gemini in my natal too.:lol:

KristyDarling

Neptune is currently transiting my 12th house and this whole month has been filled with premonitions and very pleasant lucid dreams. Lately when I go out skating I'll get the sense that I am going to fall up to 10 seconds before it happens 20 feet up the sidewalk or pavement. Saturn rules my 12th house in my natal in piscies and I would get dreams with messages from time to time but this year has surely been something and it only gets more and more intense. Mercury in Gemini makes it all flow right especially since mercury is in Gemini in my natal too.:lol:

:lol: I miss my Transit Neptune here. I remeber when the transit Neptune make grand Trine with my Moon and Mercury , I think I know what will happen in future. Eventhogh I buy the telefon card , I have a further perception that this telefon card can't use but I bought it anyway just to prove that I'm right . lol

Sorry for little off-topic.

Caro

Saturn transit in 12th H well under way.

still dreaming.................

sleep disrupted though - waking many times in a night. so more dreams to remember!

I do have a strong neptune(1st) and jupiter in 9th and Neptune is currently influencing some midpoints.

was a very heavy sleeper when a child - could never remember dreams.

Sandra0406

I have Saturn in the 12th house but I have very vivid dreams and very well I remember them...I think just the opposite...Saturn may even influence the more powerful experiences in dreams,even on unexplained phenomena such as sleep paralysis...

Moog

I have Saturn in the 12th house but I have very vivid dreams and very well I remember them...I think just the opposite...Saturn may even influence the more powerful experiences in dreams,even on unexplained phenomena such as sleep paralysis...

Do you have sleep paralysis? Hmm, now that's an interesting one.

Your 12th lord appears to be strong.

Moog

Yes,Moog,I have frequent sleep paralysis, and really experiencing unexplained things...

I'm sorry to hear that, it can be terribly frightening, by all accounts. I have a friend who also has the same. He even has waking paralysis as well at times. If someone touches him he's fine, it's a most curious thing.

Sandra0406

I'm sorry to hear that, it can be terribly frightening, by all accounts. I have a friend who also has the same. He even has waking paralysis as well at times. If someone touches him he's fine, it's a most curious thing.

At first it was scary,began in the twentieth...then I have often felt the presence of an evil being...now I feel as if someone lies down next to me...no more scary as it was...

very intersting
I think the 12 house has a spiritual inclinations according to the planets in there
for me I have venus mercury and sun in 12 house that make me a spiritual guy hm..

caltron

I have Sun, Mars, Pluto and Mercury in my 12th house. The dreams I remember I usually very vivid and meaningful. I occasionally have prophetic dreams. I go through months-long periods where I don't dream at all, and then suddenly have a dream or two. I wonder if it has to do with transits. I had a couple of significant dreams a couple of days ago. Mars is transiting through my 12th house and is almost conjunct with Pluto.

Lazy Cat

I've been writing down my dreams. I want to analyze recurrent themes and such and see if it has any connection with transits.

It's going to be a lot of work... and I haven't started yet!

I cee

What a great thread Moog!
Like you say Caltron, I go for periods of no dreams or dreams that don't stand out, and then wham, I seem to get a lot in a few days,keep meaning to write them down.
But I think the ones you remember are the most significant at the time.
I have dreams of other lands and cultures that I have never seen before and people I talk to, I have never met.
I had a lot of dreams when I was having difficulty with my family.
It was like something out of an alien movie, I could see stuff moving under my skin, and I couldn't get it out.
Then a few days later I had the identical dream and I saw these strange things coming out of my skin, it was calmer this time, not painful and when I woke I felt considerably better in myself.
Infinitnowhere, I relate also to the falling over thing.
I was walking thru the park and I just had this sense that I was going to fall over,10mins later I did, crossing the road, no traffic fortunately.
Hate those dreams when you think your'e awake and your'e not and you can't move or speak, but think that you are!
Had these a lot when I was younger.
I often get choking dreams where I have woken up gone to the bathroom still trying to get something from throat, then I do really wake up,that really freaks me out.
Mercury rules my 12th, but no planets. Throat thing might be moon in Taurus, 9th house opp Nep in third, I dunno?
My mum told me that at around 2yrs old, I did nearly choke, so may its residual memories?
I also paint and sketch my dreams when I can remember!