Near Death Experiences

Phoenix Venus

Hi all,

would anyone like to share if they have experienced a Near death experience? What were your transits like at the time? Did the experience change your religious/spiritual or personal life views?

And any other discussion on your viewpoints on near death experiences are welcome! :sideways:

Also, has anyone had out of body experiences and would like to share?

EJ53

Banned
Out-of-Body Experiences

...Also, has anyone had out of body experiences and would like to share?
I've had two Out-of-Body-Experiences (OOBE's)/astral trips ...one spontaneously (without any conscious effort from me) and one that I consciously made happen ...Both took place within a month of each other (when I was in my 20's) and the second (consciously sought incident) frightened me so much that I've never had a desire to experience one again.

The first OOBE happened when I was at home, in bed and on the verge of falling asleep ...I was worrying about having left a confidential file on my desk (and open) at work, when suddenly I seemed to rise from my bed towards the ceiling - before travelling at fantastic speed to my office, some 5 miles away ...I was fully aware of what was happening, not frightened, able to confirm by sight that the file had not been left on my desk and to note calmly several things about my surroundings to check the following day for confirmation that the experience was real rather than a dream.

After that, I tried to consciously have a second OOBE ...by entering a relaxed mental state and willing myself to leave the body ...succeeding around one month later, whilst lying in bed next to my wife (who was fast asleep) ...And it was terrifying!

Again, I was on the verge of falling asleep when I seemed to rise up from my body towards the ceiling ...This time though, I hovered above my unconscious body and sleeping wife ...recognising her but not me, and feeling no sense of emotional attachment to either ...For an instant, I felt elated after realising I was free to travel anywhere ...followed immediately by a fear that I might not be able to return to my body and an attempt to do so there and then ...I was unable to return during several minutes of desperately trying hard to do so ...actually re-entering only after I gave up trying to, and having learned just how foolish a thing I had done.

That was some 30+ years ago ...and I know now that the purpose of the first OOBE was to make me aware of the soul/consciousness which exists outside of the body ...whilst the second taught me to have faith/trust my inutuition rather than seek intellectual proof/confirmation of whatever the Cosmos chooses to reveal to me.

EJ

Phoenix Venus

Thank you for sharing EJ!

that seems very interesting. Your story reminds me that things happen when we need them to, not when we force them to.

I too believe it is very important for us to trust our own intuition and trust what the universe hands us.

I've had a partial obe at one point, but i don't remember the date so no clue on transits. :annoyed:

I wonder if this is a neptune thing.. maybe in relation to the moon (our bodies)?

Vagabondgirl

Is OBE really near death experience?? If so, Ive died a hundred times:/

It started consciously and more extreme when I was around 14-15. Sorry, havent checked the transits. Will do it next time if it is as strong. I feel uncomfortable with being very conscious when doing so, I prefer to be a little more "sedated" :)

Phoenix Venus

Is OBE really near death experience?? If so, Ive died a hundred times:/

It started consciously and more extreme when I was around 14-15. Sorry, havent checked the transits. Will do it next time if it is as strong. I feel uncomfortable with being very conscious when doing so, I prefer to be a little more "sedated" :)

They are similar. a near death experience is a type of out of body experience that often happens when people get in some sort of sever accident where they are on the verge of dying. They will often account feeling outside of there bodies and have other sort of hallucinatory experiences i.e. seeing white light, going donw a tunnel, seeing an angel or spirit guide, etc.

i think there must be indicators in the natal of out of body experiences and the particular planets get triggered from the transits. in your case, moon neptune are involved- but i'm also thinking jupiter and uranus must have some influence on your experiences too due to your chart- but it probably takes quite a few experiences and recording the transits to really narrow it down.

With near death experiences, i think there might be something different going on because there is a catastrophe along with the spiritual experience. i wonder if pluto (transformation) and mars might be prominent here but its hard to see because these cases are rare and getting transits from people who have them might be difficult.

Orion

Hi,

I just recently checked my NDE/Out-of-Body Experience and it happened on the exact day of Transit Uranus conjunct my AC.
I was flying through a dark tunnel and I saw a light at the end which transmitted very strong energy of love. I wasn't close to death at all but had very similar experiences to people with NDE.

Virinchi

i had one such exp. in 1997
i went into coma for almost a week, well my body was in coma but i was far away from this earth.
doctors gave up

when i recovered i found myself with a DONT CARE attitude which i still carry succesfully