hot weather!

Mia

Hi to Everybody

Here in the UK we have had record temperatures and it is very hot! I think most people (well those who have to work) are getting fed up with the constant heat now. It's becoming unbearable and especially at night and there doesn't appear to be any respite ahead. We are not used to these temperatures here and many places do not have air conditioning including my workplace!

I know some people really like this weather but myself and my partner and many people I know are wondering when will it end. Do we have any astrologers here who predict weather patterns? Please let us know when we will have some NICE cool weather again; my partner and myself are considering emigrating to Iceland! A thought just occured to me, I wonder if liking/disliking hot weather is down to your own astrological make up?

Thanks
A very hot Mia and friends.

Light

Hi Mia

The trouble with the UK is that if the weather isn't damp and around 20 deg - we just can't cope :eek: :) :) Too cold or too hot and we complain either way! Our houses are built merely to keep the drizzle out, any thing more drastic and they can't cope either! What would we have to moan about otherwise? :rolleyes:

Back to astrology...

I read somewhere (can't remember where), that when Saturn moved into Leo we would get hot and dry weather. We have Mars there too, double hot?

It will cool down just in time for my hols - It nearly always rains on my hols. :) (as long as it keeps the rain to night and early morning I'm perfectly happy :) )

I don't like the hot weather - is this down to my jam packed 10th hse Virgo?

Roasting

hel

Elianah

Hi everyone,

Here in the Midwest we have had a respite of sorts...mid-80s for the last couple of days but with relative humidity no lower than about 45%. It is currently 71° here in Des Moines with 87% relative humidity.

The local mantra: the corn loves the weather, the corn loves the weather.

Elianah

C1

Happy Birthday, Elianah!

So
we won't ask you to do something about this heat
...just because it's your solar return :)

May your heart dreams come true this year and always.
Peace,
C1

franklin taylor

Hi Mia,
I have been practically a life long student, observer, and recorder of Meteorology and Climate. Other Sciences as well I have a considerable amount of course work in Evironmental Biology. Aquarius Rising is the only thing I can attribute to my love of science. As well as Electrical work which I enjoy but can't use as an occupation because it takes too much neck and shoulder strength to pull wires through conduit. I have Arthritis in many places including my neck and shoulders. I am only really familiar with the climate patterns of the Pacific Ocean, North America, and the Gulf of Mexico. I live in Arkansas and that is the general origins of our weather and climate. Hit 97 here the last today and yesterday, Todays high is also the high temperature I recorded this date last year. I have a daily weather log I keep. But a sub-tropical system just a few hundred miles away is suppose to move up and give us rain. Something we desperately need for we have been in a general drought since February 2005. We had a moderate La Nina (colder than normal water temps) in the equatorial Pacific which causes drought in our part of the world. It is weakening rapidly, and may go El Nino (too warm) which can dump as much rain as a normal year here (40-45 inches) in a single winter season. There is a lady I met through a Weather watcher group that is an Astrometeorologist. If I remember right, she did a pretty good job forecasting where America's hurricanes would come on shore last year (what good it done eh!) I also hate the heat and I was raised in a house that had neither air conditioning nor a ventilated attic. In 1980 I discovered I hated heat here when hundreds died from the heat in the region. And we are acclimated to hot summers. Any knickknack that was glued together in our house literally fell apart because the glues melted. 105-108 degree temperatures, very high humidity, Heat indexs in the hundred-and teens day in and day out for three months. I don't think the wind stirred for three months either. We were blocked from incoming storms by what is called a Bermuda High. I was so hot I thought I was going to lose my mind. Anyway enough of my heat whinning.
Here's a link to her Astrometeorology site http://www.weathersage.com/

Take Care
Franklin